Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

My exact thoughts. This hype builds the song up to a Godly level, but what if its just a song that is in the same vein as TNC? or BPBP? the release or non release really will never affect me because i'm positive that if she wanted us to truly hear it we would have had a snippet right now of the real song and not a teaser of the lyrics at a live event. UNLESS, she feels that the song makes her vulnerable and she realizes that she wants to save that song for when she really reaches that happiness she talks about in yosemite. be patient.

BTW, do you prefer the acoustic or the real version of HTD?

we already know it's acoustic, so we know it's like TNC

giphy.gif

I know it's not fashionable to expect things from Lana, but we're probably not too far from getting NFR. I mean, I suspect we'll be getting it in 2 months or so.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

LFL is a GREAT album up until the point of the acoustic songs. It didn't even make sense since LFL was supposed to be like BTD you know like beat heavy and shit. Also, she should've brought Emile Haynie back to add some additional production and rework (samples, hip hop beats, etc.) to ALL the songs for LFL like he did for BTD. That way it would've sounded way more cohesive like BTD does. Same with Dan Heath and Larry Gold, regarding the iconic orchestral strings.

A bunch of songs off LFL could've made it to radio but the way the singles and promotion was orchestrated was trash.

Blame E* and B*n

Groupie Love is an underrated masterpiece.

correct

i also think LFL was supposed to be more like BTD but not be an older version of it, like what would be the point? the way i look at LFL at this point is like a two-faced album with the beats in the beginning and the inner dialogue towards the end, honestly it's like her whole discography: it starts with the beats, goes into things more thought-provoking and inner-self-looking then kind of alludes to the future, i don't know but it's impressive and she DID make it for us apparently so we should be grateful she cares a little bit

i think NFR is gonna be a truer form of lana but she better not be trying to be a psychedelic cali ho with all this experimenting and it goes nowhere like let's not do that (only saying this because she was playing the doors in the car vid yesterday and she never posts something without it being a look into something else)

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Personally, I feel How To Disappear is about possibly Lana and two guys- I'd view them as her friends. In the first verse she met John at the boulevard, possibly just for a night out but it dissolves into Lana crying about how hard life is. The waves came in over my head, signifying that everything is becoming too much for her to bare. Then she asks John where he's been, possibly alluding to him disappearing from his own struggles. As Lana met other people she felt his presence when others cracked beers.

Second verse, Jim was training in the training yard and Lana met him. Jim is possibly going to the training yard to forget his struggles, to disappear. So he practices with other guys there, possibly boxing or something. Jim is over his head with his struggles and feels that he can let it out through fighting, as told by Lana through the cuts on his face. Lana tells us that despite his struggles, she loves him and knows that when it really gets heated he can move mountains, alluding that it's possible for Jim to get over his issues. But at this time he's getting high from the fights he's getting himself into-- disappearing into the heat of the moment.

The bridge is when Lana solidifies her thoughts on disappearing. She grew up in New York but now she has matured, has kids and cats in California, and is possibly writing a memoir, in which she is constantly thinking back to NY and her past and how all her friends and herself always tried disappearing from negative thoughts. But now she is at peace and is saying to us that she's content. She doesn't want to disappear anymore. And telling John and Jim that no matter what they do, she'll be right there for them.

This is such a beautiful interpretation. I love it and hope she releases HTD as a single, it's so beautiful.

Btw, I listened to Sylvia Path snippet randomly today and I get the feeling it'll build up to a beautiful instrumental like 13 Beaches did and what we heard was the intro. I'm loving the lyrics this era.

Say this buffoonery shit again you're gonna be rotting in a basement with Life is Beautiful

I love that me and @@hornymoon even have a similar avi, britney and marilyn doing the same pose... wow our minds :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Say this buffoonery shit again you're gonna be rotting in a basement with Life is Beautiful

My impact!! Not bad for a controversial newbie

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I love that me and @@hornymoon even have a similar avi, britney and marilyn doing the same pose... wow our minds :wowcry:

you're already tasteless you can't be blind too

LB don't got the welfare money for vermin like you

My impact!! Not bad for a controversial newbie

With them ugly likes I see slingin you gonna be like a newbie in the 1400s, gone during infancy

8c74a35b5f824845a668f00ed086463b.jpg

I don't think we'll get another White Mustang (thankfully ((even though I enjoy that song as a guilty pleasure -- it is not her finest work, lyrically or musically))). Lana is already proving to me that this is going to be her best era lyrically. Everything I've heard has impressed me so much, as someone that loves poetry I think Lana is definitely getting a lot of influence from different writers and she seems to be getting more intricate with her lyrics. I love them so much. Especially Sylvia Plath, I thought that was some of her best lyrics yet.

I mean, I personally think LFL was a good transition album into this more introspective, Cohen-esque era. Songs like Heroin and even BPBP are imo some of the standouts of her career lyrically speaking, and she definitely seemed to come into this style naturally and progressively. I think (and hope) she is leaving behind all of the parts of LFL that tarnished it (the rap features, the trap beats, some of the mediocre lyrics) and focusing more on pure self expression and inward fulfilment. 

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

I doubt we'll get more than 11 or 12 tracks this time around. She recorded a shit ton of songs for LFL, but working with Jack, who could only be there for 9 days a month, makes me think that the songs were slowly created. 

LFL is such an huge bump on the road on her discography. 

Songs such as Lust For Life, White Mustang, IMF, Cherry, Coachella etc. are good tracks but they have not aged well at all, they aren't very interesting, and the production is lacking and sound like watered down milk when compared to previous work. Not to mention how incohesive and messy the album feels. I like albums with a sense of structure and songs that go well together, and Lust For Life doesn't have that  :hooker:

WGe8ynS.gif

LFL is such an huge bump on the road on her discography. 

Songs such as Love, Lust For Life, White Mustang, IMF, Cherry, Coachella etc. are good tracks but they have not aged well at all, they aren't very interesting, and the production is lacking and sound like watered down milk when compared to previous work.

I'm the hugest IMF stan in the world and I regret to agree for the rest of them but Cherry? Not aged well?

89e.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

I think NFR will be one of those albuns where the artist doesn't repeat the title of the song over and over on the chorus, you know what I mean? And I love songs like that. I mean, she says HTD twice on the chorus but that's that, on MAC and VB she doesn't do that and I think she won't do it on Cinnamon either. Songs that don't repeat the title on the chorus or don't even have the title in the lyrics sound so cool and original idk  :toofunny: I dig it

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I think NFR will be one of those albuns where the artist doesn't repeat the title of the song over and over on the chorus, you know what I mean? And I love songs like that. I mean, she says HTD twice on the chorus but that's that, on MAC and VB she doesn't do that and I think she won't do it on Cinnamon either. Songs that don't repeat the title on the chorus or don't even have the title in the lyrics sound so cool and original idk  :toofunny: I dig it

Cruel World//Terrence Loves You//(Best American Record)