Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm the hugest IMF stan in the world and I regret to agree for the rest of them but Cherry? Not aged well?

89e.jpg

OMG

BCUn2No.gif

Dont you dare to talk shit about Love that song is nothing less than amazing it's a masterpiece Lana gave to us and I'll defend it until I die. I get y'all hate LFL or whataver but Love is THAT bitch, it's not only her second best lead (after West Coast ofc) but it's one of her best songs, the emotions she evoke, the lyrics, the music video wow that's called TALENT and Love has it all!!!!!!! I never forgive Lana for not singing it at Lollapalooza and I won't forgive anyone who dismisses this work of art tumblr_inline_pa1v7rFTiR1qiek1e_540.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

LFL is such an huge bump on the road on her discography. 

Songs such as Lust For Life, White Mustang, IMF, Cherry, Coachella etc. are good tracks but they have not aged well at all, they aren't very interesting, and the production is lacking and sound like watered down milk when compared to previous work. Not to mention how incohesive and messy the album feels. I like albums with a sense of structure and songs that go well together, and Lust For Life doesn't have that  :hooker:

8lvz7w8.jpg

???, ?????????

LFL is such an huge bump on the road on her discography.

Songs such as Lust For Life, White Mustang, IMF, Cherry, Coachella etc. are good tracks but they have not aged well at all, they aren't very interesting, and the production is lacking and sound like watered down milk when compared to previous work. Not to mention how incohesive and messy the album feels. I like albums with a sense of structure and songs that go well together, and Lust For Life doesn't have that :hooker:

You know what else “doesnt go well together”, your membership and this forum.

Reported, thank you.

Really hoping NFR is 12 or 11 tracks long. Albums with 11 or 12 tracks feel so cohesive and like a story. I feel as if its not OVERWHELMING of emotions, rather a storyline of the artists feelings in a situation. more than 12 tracks feels kind of long and like they just went crazy and recorded songs for no reason to just have on an album. i know that her and jack really took time for the details with NFR. jack is so intricate with his craft as you can tell with melodrama, MASSEDUCTION, and even MAC and VB. as for lanas lyrics, they're strong in this album and the imagery and her inner feelings are in there for sure.

giphy.gif

I think that even if NFR was overly emotional, it'd still feel crisp and healthy. At least what we've found from MAC and VB. Cinnamon's deffo playful. Sylvia sounds precautionary, HtD what yes so fragile as well as. strangely enough, HIAB. 

Everything seems to be shaping up to be hugely sentimental, but Lana's got a way of portraying all that thru the softest, most subtle means that I really don't mind about. I'm hoping we get to know more about the underlying themes of the record, match em w the sound and visuals. 

That's why I'm hoping we get more info about the record, in terms of the album cover, what she's doing on social media etc. Happy to know that she looked a bit more dolled up from the last insta update at the LA cafe, that might be a good sign. 

Hoping we get a feminine and also strong record, idk why but I keep thinking about Nancy Sinatra on this one, and how she might go w that kind of feel. Jack, w the new production and her lyrics being more playful than ever 

Also, p.s. wtf page 306 was incredibly stale I had to mentally diffuse it away

UV/Honeymoon

Wow what a mess here. Typical for a LB thread. Don't worry guys, NFR will be at least top 3 in her discography... Also, LFL it's not that bad of an album as y'all make it out to be... It's just not up there with the rest of her work, but still pretty good.

Love is an amazing song and nobody is allowed to slander it, cherry kinda lost a little bit of it's spark with time, but still pretty. Case closed.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Didn't Lana say that Jack was bringing joy in the studio when she was feeling low, or something like that? Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the album has a sad vibe again. Unfortunately, happiness is sadness too. Idk if someone gets what I mean.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Didn't Lana say that Jack was bringing joy in the studio when she was feeling low, or something like that? Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the album has a sad vibe again. Unfortunately, happiness is sadness too. Idk if someone gets what I mean.

U gotta know both to differentiate them so I kinda get it? Maybe u meant something else. 

I do want a happier, more lighthearted record overall tho. But that doesn't mean that it can't be fragile or honoring what sadness was/is like. 

UV/Honeymoon