Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

honestly all her fuck u songs are my least on each record. except HM

Yes! They may be fun at the beginning but they don't tipically age that well ( Yes, IMF, I'm looking right at you )

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

- Honeymoon and Ultraviolence are her best records and she will NEVER top them no matter what

- In My Feelings is a bop and the instrumental is so good!

- Venice Bitch is one of the best songs she’s ever made (I say it every day I know) :defeated:

- After hating on Groupie Love for more than a year I now just realized its actually a cute track and I listen to it on repeat. So dreamy :eartha2:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

- Honeymoon and Ultraviolence are her best records and she will NEVER top them no matter what

- Venice Bitch is one of the best songs she’s ever made (I say it every day I know) :defeated:

- After hating on Groupie Love for more than a year I now just realized its actually a cute track and I listen to it on repeat. So dreamy :eartha2:

The only opinion I have different from you is that I adored Groupie Love right away, it has every elements I love in a song  :flutter:  Let's get hitched

Sorry I'm tipsy btw

ZKcaooE.png

giphy.gif

um... it's literally just computerised trap beats. I've heard better production on those keyboards back in high school

k anne i'll stop now

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The only opinion I have different from you is that I adored Groupie Love right away, it has every elements I love in a song  :flutter:  Let's get hitched

Sorry I'm tipsy btw

I literally used to drag it whenever I could lmao I straight up hated Groupie Love :defeated:

giphy.gif

um... it's literally just computerised trap beats. I've heard better production on those keyboards back in high school

k anne i'll stop now

I’m listening to it right now and it makes me feel like a BAD BITCH so that’s it :hottie:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

giphy.gif

k anne i'll stop now

qL3sSjW.png

Sorry I just saw the fine print I appreciate your tact lmao

ZKcaooE.png

I literally used to drag it whenever I could lmao I straight up hated Groupie Love :defeated:

I’m listening to it right now and it makes me feel like a BAD BITCH so that’s it :hottie:

also one more thing i must add, lana's voice on the track is probably her worst ever in her entire discography and i'm not just being dramatic. it' goes right through me during the chorus i actually have to take my headphones out, the long note was just a bad move imo

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

her fuck you songs are her best. are y'all kidding? have y'all heard Cruel World MPG or FMWUTT? Have y'all heard Big Eyes or I Can Fly??

it looks like we've gotten to that part of the era where theres nothing going on so the gays complain over everything

GT-18-2-star.jpg

To y'all saying her vocals are still emotional and not lazy in this era... go compare her delivery on Lust for Life to her delivery on Paradise or BTD. It's light years difference. She used to be really experimental and would push herself to match her vocal delivery with the emotional tone of the songs. The fact is she is not pushing herself at all with delivery, not experimenting at all, and just singing every song in a similar lazy/comfortable way now. You might think it sounds nice, but don't pretend like it isn't just from laziness and her sticking in her comfort zone.

I'm working on a compilation of interviews she did during the Honeymoon era (there's not a lot) and I think I found the reason why... In one interview she was asked why she's stuck with Rick for so long and she explains that he's easy to work with. Even though they disagree at times, he eventually gives in to her vision on a song. He just ends up saying yes. Now, this confirms some of your guys' theories that Lana's biggest flaws in her music is because she surrounds herself with "yes men" and I have to agree. Yes, Rick is great at his job and has worked with her on some of our favorite songs, but since she didn't work with anyone else with a more experimental taste for more than a few songs on the more recent albums, I think that's why her studio vocals have been lackluster since Honeymoon (with the exception of GKIT). I know most of you weren't impressed with her LA to the Moon tour vocals, but during specific shows she had really good nights. I still think she needs to change her set list because even when I saw her live she got lazy during the BTD songs. Maybe she was trying to rest her voice during the show, but still, she should take into consideration what she's capable of and strive to do better.

her fuck you songs are her best. are y'all kidding? have y'all heard Cruel World MPG or FMWUTT? Have y'all heard Big Eyes or I Can Fly??

it looks like we've gotten to that part of the era where theres nothing going on so the gays complain over everything

TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"its amazing what women in love will do" i'll never get over this line like wtf HER MIND  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Yes! They may be fun at the beginning but they don't tipically age that well ( Yes, IMF, I'm looking right at you )

fucked my way (UV's fuck you song) is the only released lana track that i think is completely boring, besides swan song D:

Uhhh scuse me

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Idk I mean I'm ok w IMF, but I just dislike it bc it seems so emotionally flaccid, it just feels almost contradictory to itself. BUT. 

back to NFR, I'm really hoping VB isn't the best track on the record. I mean, I love it, and could play it for hours, but I'm hoping it's not the best masterpiece we'll get from the next album. 

UV/Honeymoon