Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

"it's times like this as the marine layer lifts

off the sea on the dock with the candle lit

that i think to myself

there are things you still don't know about me

like sometimes i'm afraid my sadness is too big

and that one day you might have to help me handle it"

tenor.png

when she drops this album and this poetry book at the same time it's literally over for these hoes. for everyone.

a lot of you keep complaining about the albums release but it's obvious she's just trying to refine the poetry books, to which she's already mentioned she's hand binding a few. that's probably the delay. it's probably not anything as hardcore as some of you are theorising.

things to look forward to:

1. norman fucking rockwell
  2. violets bent backwards over the grass
  3. a potential tour
  4. potential book signings
  5. probably at least five or so magazine covers / photoshoots
  6. the nfr album shoot
  7. boxsets
  8. special vinyls
  9. ?? maybe other random things to a similar degree of when she did the pop-ups/livestreams/etc.

when she drops this album and this poetry book at the same time it's literally over for these hoes. for everyone.

a lot of you keep complaining about the albums release but it's obvious she's just trying to refine the poetry books, to which she's already mentioned she's hand binding a few. that's probably the delay. it's probably not anything as hardcore as some of you are theorising.

things to look forward to:

1. norman fucking rockwell
  2. violets bent backwards over the grass
  3. a potential tour
  4. potential book signings
  5. probably at least five or so magazine covers / photoshoots
  6. the nfr album shoot
  7. boxsets
  8. special vinyls
  9. ?? maybe other random things to a similar degree of when she did the pop-ups/livestreams/etc.

Lol tf don't claim knowledge after it's been made apparent. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck, that * hit hard tho 

*poem

UV/Honeymoon

Lol tf don't claim knowledge after it's been made apparent. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck, that hit hard tho 

??

I - first off. I just wanted to apologize to whomever or whatever guides the progress with everything about anything that goes on or will go on about her projects, and to u Lana. Not to kiss *ss, but I'm really tryna wrap my head around everything that works here. Has anyone watched the series Braniac or something like that w Emma Stone n Jonah Hill, where *spoiler alert*

Basically this guy who hallucinates or something similar decides to go thru this treatment experiment, and ends up saving a lot of people because of all the fabrics he's been delicately aware of and so on. Not as fleshed out, but it's a great series on netflix, u should watch it if ur into that sort of thing

but. Being on this thread is like that netflix series. Clues upon clues upon clues and all these uncertainties coming to life til she gives us some kind of social media tweet/post. I think she's keenly aware of what goes on here, and she's possibly quite tactile in how she gives us information. 

Hope is a Dangerous Thing - a kind of failsafe. to ofc be a stable reminder that Hope is important. Thought, planted. ok heyo yeah. Attribute this to:
- the projections we've on this thread.
- the record and so on. 

What other else of info do we have that we can string together.
- Fact: she's serious about the book, wbk, but now she's showing us. 
- Fact: she's tweeted thru her other acct she's not sure when the record will b out. (we dk why)
- Fact: she did something not as easily predictable w 3/29, rather than dismissing it, or acknowledging it, but trolling. diff from July 21 fam. 
- Fact: She hangs out w her girls every so often. She doesn't like her fame. Sings of aspirations thru record we've only heard part of

- Surmisals:
- Keeping quiet -> bc of the disappointment w LFL, oversharing. Don't promise what u possibly might b unsure of. 
- Poetry book/ album rollout. (How will they be released?) 

We've got all the clues, and she's making things a lot more apparent every time she posts, but ofc, as to make the situation clearer.

Can someone sorta transmit what it is that I'm getting at? Awarely, I know I'm trying to make sense of a lot that's just info on here bc of impatience, but really I'm trying to better understand the patterns of how everything's happening, bc idk I like it, it keeps us going or at least this thread. . That and I'm a sucker for communication n games so just, the lack of info gets me into detective mode but. is it bad that I think it's fun? Mental shit wOW

What is the message, overall that she's trying to get across . . and what does that mean for the future..

UV/Honeymoon

Does anyone wanna analyze the poem w me for the fucks of it? It's so beautiful, imma fuckin start. 

She's fixed on being free, and living in the now, open to the things that'll come in the future, she's open to whatever it may bring, but she'll be doing what she likes best, and that she hopes she can still keep seeing Joe the way she does, even if not everything she'd like for him to know about her's still pretty much the same.

She wants to let him in, but understands how difficult that might be. But her knowing these things doesn't stop her from living, and getting excited for the future she sees, bc she's found a better outlook within herself, and he makes it sweeter, and she's willing to build whatever it is exactly. She's ready for what she knows next. 

I swear to god this woman. How she says things just, everyday-sublime. That, and Long Beach, just ahhhhh I'm in industrial beach city vibes slice of heaveeeen 

UV/Honeymoon

Am I the only one who still doesn't quite get why she seems to insist on releasing the book before/alongside the album? What's stopping her from releasing NFR, and then a few months later the poetry book? If anything, I think she could make more money by giving the fans a little time to "breathe" (as in, save money) between buying 230482 different versions of the album (CD, vinyl, cassette, boxset etc.) and purchasing the book, especially if she makes some more expensive versions (hardcover? signed?) and perhaps even an audiobook available too. Especially an audiobook, read by Lana herself, would be amazing! Lily Allen, for example, did that with her book and it made it so much more personal to actually hear her tell her story.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Am I the only one who still doesn't quite get why she seems to insist on releasing the book before/alongside the album? What's stopping her from releasing NFR, and then a few months later the poetry book? If anything, I think she could make more money by giving the fans a little time to "breathe" (as in, save money) between buying 230482 different versions of the album (CD, vinyl, cassette, boxset etc.) and purchasing the book, especially if she makes some more expensive versions (hardcover? signed?) and perhaps even an audiobook available too. Especially an audiobook, read by Lana herself, would be amazing! Lily Allen, for example, did that with her book and it made it so much more personal to actually hear her tell her story.

Maybe it's some sort of safety net for her. If the poetry isn't going to be well received, she can divert the attention to the new music. 

Kind of the same thing she did with Mariner's to cover up the Israel debacle

Am I the only one who still doesn't quite get why she seems to insist on releasing the book before/alongside the album? What's stopping her from releasing NFR, and then a few months later the poetry book? If anything, I think she could make more money by giving the fans a little time to "breathe" (as in, save money) between buying 230482 different versions of the album (CD, vinyl, cassette, boxset etc.) and purchasing the book, especially if she makes some more expensive versions (hardcover? signed?) and perhaps even an audiobook available too. Especially an audiobook, read by Lana herself, would be amazing! Lily Allen, for example, did that with her book and it made it so much more personal to actually hear her tell her story.

The two are maybe « linked »? There are similarities with some of her lyrics... you’re right she should have switched the two.

The Joe she writes about.... could it be the Joe Schilling she told everyone to stop sending rats to? That she was speculated to have dated??

She said when that happened that the fanbase knows when something is off..

Edit: I could absolutely be reaching, but she seems to have dated him as early as October (she told a fan that she was visiting her boyfriend in Boston that was coaching and it seems liike they could've possibly broken up in October as well. She announced the poetry book in September I believe. Maybe it's possible that we haven't gotten the book yet because she had new things to add and write about. And also, IF the poetry book is somehow linked to NFR, it could affect the release? 

I honestly don't even know if what I'm saying is making sense. I'm so sleep deprived  :toofunny:  

I think her managers may see the poetry as good marketing for the album, they know only her fans will probably be interested in the poetry but more people are open to her music.

If she releases the poetry soon before the album, her name will be spoken about in general on the internet all the music sites etc will be tweeting about how Lana Del Rey has released a poetry book. People will see it and wonder why she is writing poetry even if they don't check it or bother about it any further but then when they see a week or 2 later that she has released an album because her name was recently mentioned and noticed a lot by people and fresh in their memory and they will be more likely to check out songs from the album.

Thats what I would guess anyway.