Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Oh my god guys maybe the theory about the Norman Rockwell estate opposing the album title is true.

This is his granddaughter  :deadbanana:

xnwVrwa.png

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

i wanna tell this bitch to get off Lana's back

giphy.gif

I saw a rumor that her signature was different than others she's done

they were, people said she probably got tired so they came out messy but the signed vinyl i got looked so....... fake and a try hard copy of lana's signature but she said they were all real so who knows

I mean they let her release Get Free and that clearly wasn't ok with everyone :creep:

Get Free was different: they key progression was similar to Creep. And it’s debatable if it was too similar (apparently, they agreed it wasn’t similar enough. But for a registered name, someone must have asked the question if it was legally possible.

Poor Lana. Can't even culturally appropriate her own culture. I wouldn't mind her changing the name to Norman Rocking Fuckwell (as somebody may have suggested way back), but I think that would make the estate feel worse actually. She could put BAR on it (if NFR, the song, is not BAR), and then call the album BAR. I'd go for that and possibly a slight rewording of NFR, if that's a distinct song (i.e., no song should be left behind).

she could actually just put bar on it and rename it bar to make the quality of the album justice 

i76mrxw.png 

they were, people said she probably got tired so they came out messy but the signed vinyl i got looked so....... fake and a try hard copy of lana's signature but she said they were all real so who knows

mine looks...questionable as well

oh well

3z1M54f.jpeg

im assuming his family can be annoyed but they legally cant do anything so her label wants her to change it maybe just for respect and shes like nah fuck u and norman

Honestly this seems like the most realistic scenario.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I hope the title stays the same. it's so legendary and iconic. 
You can't have a more American icon than Norman Rockwell, and we all know her music always has Americana references in it. The fucking brings back the irony and subversiveness we all love about her. Plus the song is a "jab tot the male ego" like someone said here. She always had great album titles, but that one is very bold. Best American Record would have been too, but Norman Fucking Rockwell is a step up from that. 

Oh my god guys maybe the theory about the Norman Rockwell estate opposing the album title is true.

This is his granddaughter  :deadbanana:

xnwVrwa.png

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

At this point idgaf about the album's title. I just want the damm thing. Lana Del Fucking Rey, HIADFASKFUDHTG, whatever. I DON'T CARE. Give us the album. We deserve it.

she should just call it Best American Record. I would love that and stop hating on her for at least a week if that happened

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Actually yeah Rockwell would be infinitely better than NFR as a title, but god I’m praying the estate opposes it. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if she put out the record as Norman Fucking Rockwell but all her albums have had such beautiful titles that really captured the entire vibe of the album, I mean arguably not Lust For Life but it ain’t a bad title.

From what we’ve heard it sounds like the title track is probably gonna be one of the only (if not the only track?) about an “artist that’s full of himself” all the other snippets we’ve heard have been like quintessential, self-aware, brooding Lana songs.

So I mean I’m just praying we get an iconic title like Ultraviolence or Honeymoon again

Also let’s be real almost none of us knew who the fuck Norman Rockwell was until she started talking about the album name. Maybe some of y’all Americans but outside of America this dude is a... nobody, sorry Abigail Rockwell! Xo

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Actually yeah Rockwell would be infinitely better than NFR as a title, but god I’m praying the estate opposes it. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if she put out the record as Norman Fucking Rockwell but all her albums have had such beautiful titles that really captured the entire vibe of the album, I mean arguably not Lust For Life but it ain’t a bad title.

From what we’ve heard it sounds like the title track is probably gonna be one of the only (if not the only track?) about an “artist that’s full of himself” all the other snippets we’ve heard have been like quintessential, self-aware, brooding Lana songs.

So I mean I’m just praying we get an iconic title like Ultraviolence or Honeymoon again

Also let’s be real almost none of us knew who the fuck Norman Rockwell was until she started talking about the album name. Maybe some of y’all Americans but outside of America this dude is a... nobody, sorry Abigail Rockwell! Xo

Well... Norman Rockwell is by no means a nobody. Let's not get carried away.