Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Does anyone remember this? It's from last year. I wonder how they knew, because Lana only talked about Sylvia Plath in February at a show but I don't think she said Jack made it with her

Edit: the image doesn't seem to appear sorry :facepalm:

Edit 2: ok it works now

t4HaZAm.jpg

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Give her some privacy and space. Unless she publicly addresses or even promotes the church, we don’t have any right to attack her

And honestly it’s not our business. If nobody took pics of her there, nobody would know and nobody would give a shit where she’s going or what she’s doing. She’s not publicly supporting the church or posting about it, she’s doing it privately

Being a celebrity is hard bc no matter what you do, you’re shamed. You go to church for yourself, hoping for self-improvement, you’re called a homophobe. You support gay pride, the ACTUAL homophobic pricks come out of the woodworks and says “FUCK YOU”. That’s why she’s always stayed away from politics and why she doesn’t want to speak about issues like feminism bc either way, someone will give her shame for it. It’s not that she doesn’t care or doesn’t want to be involved, it’s a way to protect her public image and business (and is pretty smart to try and avoid it, honestly, with this political climate...)

Guys can we stop projecting hate towards a woman who’s just trying to live her life while she’s taking a break. It’s obvious there’s a bit of a break going on for her rn, for whichever reason I’m sure she has a few, and we should be fine with that. We’ve had 6 albums since 2010, an EP, a short film, and over 200+ unreleased songs. Chill out already (trust me, I want to hear nfr as much as anyone else but give her space, sheesh...)

Just attending really isn’t advocating tho??? She’s never posted “going to church to see my anti-gay babies tonight” she never posts about it. She’s never publicly said, “Oh, go support Hillsong!!!!” Not once. It’s her private life. Would you rather her stream their service at home and stay out of public forever then, like a recluse??? I mean, she can’t catch a break... no matter what she does.

Everyone is ignoring my point. The point is, assuming things doesn’t get anyone anywhere, especially when we don’t know the nature of her going.

I get people feeling strangely about this and I get it being an issue for some, but I really hope you all can have some sort of peace. I mean, it just seems really unhealthy all of the negativity here rn

Some people dont like full on therapy though, im pretty sure Lana said she went to a therapist once and didn't like it.

"I saw a therapist -- three times. But I’m really most comfortable sitting in that chair in the studio, writing or singing."

I agree with all these points made, just adding in my two cents. I can understand why some of you are upset at Lana attending these churches, but I do think as we don't know exactly why she is attending, we can't jump to conclusions. Lana may not know the anti-LGBTQ views of the churches she attends (which is no excuse as she should look into it more) but if this is the case, it would show Lana is unlikely to be homophobic. It also makes sense to me that she is attending another event in these churches, which may not necessarily be religious (again, she should do some research into what venue she is attending and how this may affect her fanbase). She could be lost in life at the moment, and is simply following her friends to be part of a group - this is still naive and no excuse, but again it shows that she is not necessarily homophobic and may be unaware of the anti-LBGTQ views of these churches. If Lana was truly homophobic, I don't think she would spend so much time meeting fans during concerts and outside concerts (I am not trying to go down the route or 'she associates with LGBTQ groups so therefore she can't be homophobic', instead I am just saying I don't think she would put as much effort in to meet fans if she was homophobic, and I don't think she would have dedicated 'Love' to her fans, knowing we are largely LGBTQ, either).

The main point I am trying to make here, is that loads of things could be going on, which does not mean Lana is homophobic. Yeah, it could definitely mean she is naive, but not homophobic.  

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Cinnamon as the lead single and then In Your Car as the second single with PROPER music videos NOT directed by Chuck would literally make this her best era.

Hope > MAC > Venice Bitch period

Venice Bitch sweetie...

oaUpkUg.gif

born 2 die / ultraviolence / honeymoon / lust 4 life / norman fucking rockwell

My thirsty ass tweeted a whole thread to her about how much this album already means to me, while it's not even out yet. I also asked about the meaning of the album to her and her career and basically told her I want to direct the How to Disappear music video. My attempt to quench information out of her will certainly be ignored, but it's whatever. I'm still proud of it, though. Link below:

https://twitter.com/inthemaking_/status/1137666230117175296?s=19

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

I agree with all these points made, just adding in my two cents. I can understand why some of you are upset at Lana attending these churches, but I do think as we don't know exactly why she is attending, we can't jump to conclusions. Lana may not know the anti-LGBTQ views of the churches she attends (which is no excuse as she should look into it more) but if this is the case, it would show Lana is unlikely to be homophobic. It also makes sense to me that she is attending another event in these churches, which may not necessarily be religious (again, she should do some research into what venue she is attending and how this may affect her fanbase). She could be lost in life at the moment, and is simply following her friends to be part of a group - this is still naive and no excuse, but again it shows that she is not necessarily homophobic and may be unaware of the anti-LBGTQ views of these churches. If Lana was truly homophobic, I don't think she would spend so much time meeting fans during concerts and outside concerts (I am not trying to go down the route or 'she associates with LGBTQ groups so therefore she can't be homophobic', instead I am just saying I don't think she would put as much effort in to meet fans if she was homophobic, and I don't think she would have dedicated 'Love' to her fans, knowing we are largely LGBTQ, either).

The main point I am trying to make here, is that loads of things could be going on, which does not mean Lana is homophobic. Yeah, it could definitely mean she is naive, but not homophobic.  

1. She goes to that church in the evening every Wednesday, and that's when the weekly service is. It's all on the website. Therefore, it's unlikely she's going there for any other reason.

2. The majority of people are not saying she's homophobic, but rather, that she doesn't care and/or doesn't know that she's associating herself with an organisation that is. As you say, ignorance is not an excuse.

3. I agree that she seems lost af. The fact that this church is cult-ish is extremely concerning. I'm going to be blunt. She's rich. She's famous. She doesn't come across as a well-adjusted person, and never has. I'm not trying to insult her; it's just a fact. It's part of the appeal. Cult-ish organisations prey on people like her.

4. Friends don't let friends go to homophobic cult churches.

5. Not that she has been interacting with anyone of late, but I think she would still interact with fans even if she was homophobic. Plenty of people "tolerate"/pretend to like LGBT people when it's convenient for them to do so, especially when money is involved, which it is.

I get that people don't want to believe it or whatever, but it is what it is.

My thirsty ass tweeted a whole thread to her about how much this album already means to me, while it's not even out yet. I also asked about the meaning of the album to her and her career and basically told her I want to direct the How to Disappear music video. My attempt to quench information out of her will certainly be ignored, but it's whatever. I'm still proud of it, though. Link below:

https://twitter.com/inthemaking_/status/1137666230117175296?s=19

It's protected, fam ... nobody can see, including her.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Oh boy I ‘m not looking forward to seeing this forum when half the songs are scrapped from the album....when we actually get the tracklist in November

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Does anyone remember this? It's from last year. I wonder how they knew, because Lana only talked about Sylvia Plath in February at a show but I don't think she said Jack made it with her

Edit: the image doesn't seem to appear sorry :facepalm:

Edit 2: ok it works now

t4HaZAm.jpg

that hair edit is SENDING MEE 

giphy.gif

We're in the watergate year. Pray to the gods of coincidences that something BIG leaks today 

Speaking of leaks how many songs are there left that are like known but not leaked and which ones are fans the thirstiest for? 

Speaking of leaks how many songs are there left that are like known but not leaked and which ones are fans the thirstiest for? 

Life

Is

Beautiful

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Not specifically known but I am desperate for the honeymoon sessions. Radiohead had a massive leak of sessions that are over 20 years old a few days ago, so there's always hope, but I need them. And yosemite so I can stop wondering whether it'll be good. Plus maybe a studio version of roses bloom for you

locals only

Not specifically known but I am desperate for the honeymoon sessions. Radiohead had a massive leak of sessions that are over 20 years old a few days ago, so there's always hope, but I need them. And yosemite so I can stop wondering whether it'll be good. Plus maybe a studio version of roses bloom for you

The only reason the Radiohead leak happened is from revenge leaks. A few days before the leaks someone was selling everything (for like 150k too) so the leaker just leaked what kinda is bottom of barrel material. So unless someone starts selling stuff and people outside leaker circles find out we're not getting anything significant for years

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

The only reason the Radiohead leak happened is from revenge leaks. A few days before the leaks someone was selling everything (for like 150k too) so the leaker just leaked what kinda is bottom of barrel material. So unless someone starts selling stuff and people outside leaker circles find out we're not getting anything significant for years

If it takes years for the honeymoon sessions to leak I might just have to try and scrape up the ashes of my stan card and set out to find them at this rate

locals only

whoever said azealia hexed lana... i think ur right and i think she hexed us too for being the same fags always attacking her... :xgiggle:  i mean look how lana is completely avoiding us and the topic of the album... wasnt hope supposed to be released in oct? but then the azealia battle happened, everything came to halt in this era (and can assume lana's life), hope was released 3 months after, as if azealia put us in a stand still .. where lana becomes more careless and her range of enjoyment is from birthday parties - to matcha - to hillsong,,,, :oprah:

i've just realised how she's recorded and thrown away songs like confetti in the past and how her unreleased back catalogue is huge and why i'm still so shocked and irritated by this behaviour from her tbh   :thumb3:  :thumb3:  :thumb3:

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live