Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Guys chill the f out.

I’m the owner of that account and I changed those titles on YouTube literally 2 hours ago because of the Shazam recognization.

I’m not responsible for any of your meltdowns.

Have a wonderful day. :heart:

I mean, I'm subscribed to your channel because of the remake instrumentals and I never recalled them videos being named like that so I lowkey believe you (+ the fact I always go check them to hear at least something in HQ nnn)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Also, thank you for promoting my “crap”.

Very generous and kind of you.

giphy.gif

ok lets face the facts: knowing Lana, she must have scrapped at least one of the teased songs - which one do you think got scrapped?

In your car most likely. it could be Shazam isn’t recognising the audio because it’s poor quality.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

ok lets face the facts: knowing Lana, she must have scrapped at least one of the teased songs - which one do you think got scrapped?

I think she scrapped the whole album and NFR is now an audiobook of her poems

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

bad wording, i do apologise. that 'cinnamon' re-make is actually pretty nice. i was just going for 'it's not real calm down and take your medication kids' vibes.

And one last thing:

You all know nothing about Shazam’s algorithm.

Shazam has its own server - when artists upload their music into iTunes / Spotify etc, they upload it to Shazam as well

(You can also only upload to Shazam - it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s getting released soon).

Shazam uses the audio signature that was just uploaded to them to make people be able to Shazam that certain track.

And then, after the user has Shazamed the song, Shazam’s looking for that song through web to find a source to listen to it.

If it doesn’t find a perfect match, it suggests you the closest match.

giphy.gif

In your car most likely. it could be Shazam isn’t recognising the audio because it’s poor quality.

if she scraps her best song aka in your god but keeps cinnashit girl and shittyness is a shitterfly i will riot

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

i ve always loved your projects but one thing i hate are the clickbaits - if its an original instrumental of one of your made up songs, why putting Lana as the background to it? :s (im talking about videos like "New Generation" etc)

also dont get me wrong, i truly think u re talented and the shit u do is amazing but sometimes u mislead people, hence the backlash

And one last thing:

Shazam has its own server - when artists upload their music into iTunes / Spotify etc, they upload it to Shazam as well

(You can also only upload to Shazam - it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s getting released soon).

Shazam uses the audio signature that was just uploaded to them to make people be able to Shazam that certain track.

And then, after the user has Shazamed the song, Shazam’s looking for that song through web to find a source to listen to it.

thanks for clearing this up! 

giphy.gif

Omggg it's you?? I didn't know you were here too! We talked a few days ago for a song

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

And one last thing:

Yeah, that's how I thought it worked from the link I posted earlier.

So does this mean they really are called Cinnamon Girl and California or nah? I'm tired and confused.

So if it turns out legit after all can we also talk about Shazam labeling NFR as “Norman Fucking Rockwell!” with an exclamation mark

Maybe this is a joke and I'm a tired, daft bitch but it says "Norman F**king Rockwell" on mine.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Yeah, that's how I thought it worked from the link I posted earlier.

So does this mean they really are called Cinnamon Girl and California or nah? I'm tired and confused.

Maybe this is a joke and I'm a tired, daft bitch but it says "Norman F**king Rockwell" on mine.

cinnamon GIRL

i have to laugh...

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

cinnamon GIRL

i have to laugh...

I think it's really called that.

To add weight to the theory, Summer of Sam contains it, and we know she often draws from her unreleased material:

Baby I'm a cinnamon girl

Keeping it fresh on the far east side

Baby I'm a tenement girl

Keepin' it in touch, your cherry pie

B-A-D-D-E-S-T, baddest girl in NYC

Baby I'm a dangerous girl

You should stay away from me

I’m talking about the album, not the song!

BD84288-B-A9-F2-4-E90-AE16-F312-D2-EF4-E

'K so I am a tired, daft bitch.

I don't want that exclamation mark in the album title; it can fuck right off. It is far too Taylor Swift-ish for my liking ("ME!"). It better be a typo or some shit.