Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

btw im highkeybdrunk but cinnamon girl is the best song of this album alongside witb bartender

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Tbh I'm not so excited about this record. I mean, after MAC and VB I was totally hyped, I love these two songs.

Now I've heard the album few times, and apart Cinnamon Girl and California the rest is just.. boring. Songs are way too similar, just piano and voice.

And she totally killed "Best American Record" so..

Hope I'm wrong, maybe when I'll get the record (the hq audio will help appreciated the music) I'll change my mind.

Just piano and voice? Re-listen

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Just piano and voice? Re-listen

When Venice Bitch was out I was hoping for a record with "rock" songs.

But Venice Bitch is just an exception, the only one that really gives energy, the 70s rock vibes.  

I'm an "Utraviolcence stan" but now I believed we'll never have anything rockier from here again.

I can't believe some of you get bored of the album with a LQ phone recording. Obviously listening to an audio recorded by a 13yo with her phone from a cassette player isn't enjoyable more than a few times for the most impatient fans. And what's the point in listening to that horrible quality over and over when the album is coming in 9 days? :facepalm:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

See, that’s a perfect example of the problem I have with the production on Honeymoon. TBD sounds beautiful in the beginning and it has elements of other songs (like Art Deco) that make it sound consistent, but then those trap beats kick in and it feels like a demo when I hear the instrumentation alone. Rick has produced some great songs for her, but on other tracks on Honeymoon and LFL (on Honeymoon especially) I’ve always felt there was something lacking.

Girl TBD has no flaw and which are the trap beats you are talking about

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

i am so sorry to anyone i subject to my drunk and very personal ramblings

this year i lost what i thought was my most important relationship. spent almost three (very tumultuous) years of my life with this guy, my own norman rockwell, who i thought would never have the capability to hurt me like he’d been hurt but now here we are... not gonna lie and say it’s been easy putting myself back out there while simultaneously trying to find things to love about myself. i start college next week and i hope i can make some fond memories to this album, maybe learn to enjoy life all over again and meet some lovely people along the way while i’m at it.

Just imagine California in HQ wheeew, it’s crazy how it’s the song I was least excited for based on the snippets that she shared on IG... but damn...

i am so sorry to anyone i subject to my drunk and very personal ramblings

this year i lost what i thought was my most important relationship. spent almost three (very tumultuous) years of my life with this guy, my own norman rockwell, who i thought would never have the capability to hurt me like he’d been hurt but now here we are... not gonna lie and say it’s been easy putting myself back out there while simultaneously trying to find things to love about myself. i start college next week and i hope i can make some fond memories to this album, maybe learn to enjoy life all over again and meet some lovely people along the way while i’m at it.

just wanna say i'm glad i'm not the only one conscious of where i'll be when the album comes out. i've been talking to this incredible guy hours every day for 1.5 months and our chemistry is beyond, i make him laugh all the time but now he's saying he only wants to be friends :crying4:

i goddamn know he's avoiding his feelings and justifying it with practical reasons he shouldn't date but i can't change him. all i wanted was to find a good guy who wanted to have fun in the city this summer and see what happens but i'm now 0/2. two great gay friends, something i'm lacking. zero real intimacy, something i'm needing. :sadcore6:

anyway, i told myself i had to be crystal clear where i am with him before NFR comes out because i am not going to taint this record anytime soon for any damn one. dedicated has been through the fkn wringer, granted that album is what subconsciously propelled me to download tinder. so it's looking like NFR will be a solo experience and i'm ok with that. i'd rather have this goddamn man-child but the next month is going to be very busy for me and this album will keep me sane. when i have this girl's autograph on my left wrist, that moment sealed forever by one excruciating tattoo, i know we a species too evolved for most to appreciate. i still want dick but what about it.

idk how yall can dislike NFR when it has the masterpieces that are NFR, MAC, VB, Bartender, hope, TNBAR, FIILY, Doin' Time, Love song, Cinnamon Girl, HTD, california, the greatest, and HIAB... lit rally wonderful songs

nice cocc bro

UV=NFR

PD

BTD

HM

LFL

This is the Lord’s truth and I only deal with the facts I’m dealt with :hooker:

Anyway, one more day till Lana drops her best MV since SOC. Ugh it looks so good.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371