Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

exactly what i thought, her vocabulary seems to be very limited and in need of some extension, she keeps using the same 10 words (blues, california, party dress, etc.)

hollywood & vine  :facepalm:

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

“Touch me anywhere ‘cause I’m your baby

Grab my waist, don’t waste any part.”

Cute attempt at making stranger look better, though.

Yeah I know the lyric, it’s shit :rip:

How am I making it look better when both are total shit :rip:

The point was that no one should be dragging one when the other is just as trash. Cute attempt at telling people to ignore me but then quoting me anyways :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I just realized that BAR's bridge is the same vocals as the demo's. It's one of my favorite bridges ever, so this isn't a complaint. Hilarious that she just slapped slapped a new chorus onto the song as a middle finger to us.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

i wish lana would do an album with mark ronson, i know they did some songs for honeymoon that were scrapped but she could have her back to black moment  :hooker:

Mark Ronson is long and gone (no pun intented). None of his new material sounds like Back To Black, it's very much repetitive pop music. Which is surprising because he seems to be working with Kevin Parker (btw the second coming over Christ) even their recent collabs sound a tad bland (Perfect Illusion, and that one song with Camila) 

We suddenly don't care if she's gonna play the whole album on Annie Mac or not, cause we already have it

norman is a dangerous album for a radio like that to have - 'cause i have it

exactly what i thought, her vocabulary seems to be very limited and in need of some extension, she keeps using the same 10 words (blues, california, party dress, etc.)

I think that's so cool actually, that she has like recurring "colors" to her lyrics so we know it's her thing. Like right now if some other artist shows up with song saying "party dress in the pale moonlight, hollywood and vine" I would be like get the fuck out of here, this is Lana's thing.

Mark Ronson is long and gone (no pun intented). None of his new material sounds like Back To Black, it's very much repetitive pop music. Which is surprising because he seems to be working with Kevin Parker (btw the second coming over Christ) even their recent collabs sound a tad bland.

Mark was only good because Amy was his director. He wanted a harp section on Love Is A Losing Game and she told him to fuck off because it sounded like a Mariah Carey song to her.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

After my second listen all the way thru

HM = NFR > UV > BTD > LFL

(have a feeling this could change with time, NFR might slip down to tie with UV)

Venice Bitch = California

Bartender

Cinnamon Girl = HIAB

Norman Fucking Rockwell

The Greatest

FIILY (Single version)

MAC=Doin Time

TNBAR

Lovesong 

HTD = Hope

FIILY (CD version)

They're ALL great though. not one skip  :defeated:

...love song..those lines " is it safe is it safe to just be who we are.."

That hit me. Growing up and living in a country where being gay is not accepted at all,seen as a taboo with disgusting looks everywhere you go and people thinking gays should be kept in an asylum.

after i heard her sing it i knew it was for herself but i knew it was also for her gay fanbase, sweet acknowledgement 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Ugh well ladies and gays I'm putting the hot water and the oven on so I can eat before the interview begins  :crossed:  maybe listen and donate to philosophytube's 24 hr shakespeare twitch stream while I wait. Also want to apologize to the bartender stans who have suffered- the change to the chorus / pre-chorus / "so I bought me a truck" part made my heart drop. Someone start an argument and get this to 4000!

locals only

I just realized that BAR's bridge is the same vocals as the demo's. It's one of my favorite bridges ever, so this isn't a complaint. Hilarious that she just slapped slapped a new chorus onto the song as a middle finger to us.

The verses also use the same vocals as the demo. She only recorded a new chorus and pre-chorus.

Ugh well ladies and gays I'm putting the hot water and the oven on so I can eat before the interview begins  :crossed:  maybe listen and donate to philosophytube's 24 hr shakespeare twitch stream while I wait. Also want to apologize to the bartender stans who have suffered- the change to the chorus / pre-chorus / "so I bought me a truck" part made my heart drop. Someone start an argument and get this to 4000!

wait what's different about Bartender