Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Don't get triggered babe, I ain't mad I'm just genuinely trying to understand in a scientific way why every single 300+ song Lana has done sounds like honey and milk to me except Get Free (and Strange Love but it's not the subject), like why does it suddenly sounds so discordant? Why is the symphony broken? I wanna know. It's probably me I don't see any other explanation because there's an army of stans worshipping every millisecond of this track

i'm just joking ssksks everybody is obviously entitled to their own (wrong) opinion 

That being said, the fact that I literally went to see her Venice mural for my first time ever in LA less than a month before the announcement is borderline prophetic, I gotta start watching the Lana related things that happen around me... Ok the girl w a Lana tattoo in my class is called Catherine and is blond who knows that may be a hint

i'm just joking ssksks everybody is obviously entitled to their own (wrong) opinion 

Fair enough, agree to disagree :kiss:

ZKcaooE.png

Anyone else feel bad for not buying the single? I do I'm really broke :( I do feel bad about pirating it but if it's anything like LFL and the others I'm gonna end up buying the record on at least 5 platforms due to vinyls and various editions

I usually wait and see if the singles end up in the album or not, I don’t wanna spend my coins on the same song twice. :creep: (which doesn’t make sense since I have all the albums on CD and vinyl lol)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Whoops...so apparently I entered this thread previously but I didn't look at the number of pages and I thought I was entering the pre-pre-release thread. I found that this is the PRE-release thread just now, shit! well..

I'm here!! Late as usual, lol.

I am incredibly excited for this new era. Like many of you guys said, this era feels different, it feels like it's gonna be amazing. I definetly see MAC as the first track of the record, it's just perfect for introducing it. I'm seeing this next project as an 11 or 13 track album, definetly more cohesive that LFL. Basically everything you guys said on this thread so far (well, for the most part) is exactly what I'm thinking. Your minds... 

Also, I can't wait to see the title of the album and the fucking cover!! 

I hope it is more cohesive, I like how Born To Die, Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon all have kind of 1 vibe to them and you can listen to the album and create like a mood. Lust For Life you can't really as theres quite a mix of types of songs and they don't go together that well. I prefer albums in like 1 tone, so if you feel a certain way you can just play it all.

I usually wait and see if the singles end up in the album or not, I don’t wanna spend my coins on the same song twice. :creep: (which doesn’t make sense since I have all the albums on CD and vinyl lol)

Same, I bought this single though my first ever one. I feel dumb as well that I only ever buy digital albums and when I went on iTunes to buy this I noticed I only have LFL on there, the other ones I think I bought digitally on her website or somewhere else so I dont really own anything although I have them on my computer.

I never even listen to them either I only use Spotify but I just like her to get the sale since she is my favourite and only person whos music I buy.

inb4 catholic saint Lana snaps and drops a track called "St. Catherine de Siena". or just "Saint". wig

HOLY SHIT. Just did a quick search and first thing I find, the "Sainte-Elizabeth" is a pub in Montréal??????????

C5ZkGd3UoAE_fwg-616x440.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

I hope it is more cohesive, I like how Born To Die, Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon all have kind of 1 vibe to them and you can listen to the album and create like a mood. Lust For Life you can't really as theres quite a mix of types of songs and they don't go together that well. I prefer albums in like 1 tone, so if you feel a certain way you can just play it all.

Exactly!! That's why LFL is her most: ''..meh'' project, sorry but in terms of album rankings it falls last place...Which I don't necessarily like because it has Love, Cherry, Heroin and Get free in it but it is what it is 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I definitely don't think he has it. I think it's locked up tight in Lionsgate's safe. I still dream of a day it's fully released though... I'm still befuddled as to why they never properly released it. I mean, they must know how rabid Lana's fans can be and how we become so peeved when we're teased with a song without ever receiving the full thing! It's like waving steak right in front of a dog's face and then eating it yourself. Surely they must be aware of this. 

From personal experience, I can deal with people trolling me with steaks, it's far worse to live without listening the complete version of LIB. It would enlighten dog's life. No more steak trolling, baby! 

i have a feeling that this would be another vanity project like Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, with just her and Jack being the main composers and producers  :defeated:

may god bless you and the whole world because this is MY DREAM

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

what if HIAB gets released with that video... maybe MAC (and venice bitch) are intros to the era....... 

MAC is produced by Jack, she said the record is mostly produced by Jack and is coming early 2019.

Y'all are seriously reading too much into this.

Yes this is the lead single, Yes Venice Bitch is the second single, and yes, we will buy it regardless.

Lana isn't as abstruse as she used to be and only a few people are realizing that. I realized it as soon as she put Coachella on LFL.

I've written down the full interview, would you want me to post it here or was it already done ?? (sorry I didn't check all the pages)

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

MAC is produced by Jack, she said the record is mostly produced by Jack and is coming early 2019.

Y'all are seriously reading too much into this.

Yes this is the lead single, Yes Venice Bitch is the second single, and yes, we will buy it regardless.

Lana isn't as abstruse as she used to be and only a few people are realizing that. I realized it as soon as she put Coachella on LFL.

"what if"

can I even theorize about anything or is this forbidden in your forum lanaboards, this is a discussion thread, not "checked facts only"

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

does anyone think she might rerecord an old song? or even a couple of old songs? she was revisiting unreleased and "planning" that unreleased album (lel RIP OMFG RIP)...

ugh i know it wont happen but omg I NEED HER TO RECORD SUPER MOVIE WITH JACK #crying 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

does anyone think she might rerecord an old song? or even a couple of old songs? she was revisiting unreleased and "planning" that unreleased album (lel RIP OMFG RIP)...

ugh i know it wont happen but omg I NEED HER TO RECORD SUPER MOVIE WITH JACK #crying 

I honestly think that the "unreleased songs" album is kinda dead and buried but who knows

I honestly think that the "unreleased songs" album is kinda dead and buried but who knows

oh its not happening for sure... but i wonder if it inspired her to rerecord an old song? i hope so ugh 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan