Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

How To Disappear could be that random track that won’t be on the album. Remember she’s releasing a serious track this month is what she wants to do at least. Don’t get your hopes up for this one to be on the album if it’s the more serious song that’s a stand alone

Good point. Again, she also talked about the album having Red Hot Chili Pepper vibes, surf rock. Which this song doesn't.

I'm not looking into it too much, but may be a one-off. It's cute, but let's be honest, we've all heard this song before from her.

i really hate how her voice cracks when she sings “and pretend that youre still HEeere”

doesnt sound pleasant

that's where the vocals fall off for me, it'll probably sound better on the record and it could be the LQ grain with her real voice over it; but it's like her voice cracked or she couldn't/didn't hold the note at all on the lyrics- it also happens when she says "beer". it doesn't come off that emotional to me, it comes off like she was sick and almost was ab to cough so she stopped singing for a second

ugh i love the lyrics every time i read them but i hope it's more than just piano, and i agree that this mid-range voice isn't doin it for me, sounds hella similar to Change (not a diss just a note, love change). but give us maleficent vocals biiitch you done it before

More songs like MAC/Venice Bitch, less like How to Disappear/Happiness is a Butterfly, please. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

that's where the vocals fall off for me, it'll probably sound better on the record and it could be the LQ grain with her real voice over it; but it's like her voice cracked or she couldn't/didn't hold the note at all on the lyrics- it also happens when she says "beer". it doesn't come off that emotional to me, it comes off like she was sick and almost was ab to cough so she stopped singing for a second

ugh i love the lyrics every time i read them but i hope it's more than just piano, and i agree that this mid-range voice isn't doin it for me, sounds hella similar to Change (not a diss just a note, love change). but give us maleficent vocals biiitch you done it before

i think she couldve held the note. i think she just thought it'd sound cooler if her voice was muffled, which it does not. she's trying to sound like a vintage radio singer

i really hope the song picks up like VB and gets all psychedelic and folky

i hope the production has backing vocals or strings, even if it's subtle and soft; hopefully not cakes of reverb, i love the lyrics but i wanna see what she can do to differentiate Change and this cause if it's just a piano...this might b on the lower half of my personal favs on the record 

for reference now we have

-Venice Bitch

-Mariner's Apartment Complex

-Norman Fucking Rockwell

- How to Disappear

Potentially:

-Architecture

-Sylvia

-Bartender

-Yosemite

I relisten to Architecture these days and if it ends up on NFR, it won't probably be the demo when it comes to her vocals. I love the lyrics (I think it's one of her strongest songs lyric wise), but her voice is a bit off, emotionless. On each and every song we heard from NFR, she sings with passion and her voice is so warm and gentle; BAR kinda lacks that warmth and passion. 

So I guess we can expect HTD this month? It would make sense for it to be the 'more serious' October single! :defeated:

Although we have learned from our mistakes so I will not be hyping myself up until an official release is announced :toofunny:

There really is a good chance that song will be released: it's  more serious, it's October, stand on its own ( i.e. different from MAC or VB).

Plus: she tagged Jack, like she did with MAc and VB before release. 

i hope the production has backing vocals or strings, even if it's subtle and soft; hopefully not cakes of reverb, i love the lyrics but i wanna see what she can do to differentiate Change and this cause if it's just a piano...this might b on the lower half of my personal favs on the record 

for reference now we have

-Venice Bitch

-Mariner's Apartment Complex

-Norman Fucking Rockwell

- How to Disappear

Potentially:

-Architecture

-Sylvia

-Bartender

-Yosemite

I'm sorry but these songs are dead

I like it but I completely agree with the mid range voice thing, like... it's really plain

It just doesn't add anything to a song like HTD which already sounds very minimal idk but I hope the snippet doesn't showcase the full range of the song (none of the snippets have)

I also don't think this will be anything other than a piano ballad - knowing Jack, this will probably be the Liability of NFR

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

More songs like MAC/Venice Bitch, less like How to Disappear/Happiness is a Butterfly, please. 

THIS! Don't get me wrong, I really like the HTD snippet but come on, MAC and VB are superior if you ask me

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

why is she working with jack antoff and gives us this wtf you just dont do that.... she should have stayed with rick if this is it

but like im gonna unstan if she only sings in her midrange the WHOLE FUCKING ALBUM OMG it sounds like shes a robot like, i loved her for the emotion in her voice and how unique it was but now like sis is starting to act like halsey never leaving one note like JESUS

why is she working with jack antoff and gives us this wtf you just dont do that.... she should have stayed with rick if this is it

but like im gonna unstan if she only sings in her midrange the WHOLE FUCKING ALBUM OMG it sounds like shes a robot like, i loved her for the emotion in her voice and how unique it was but now like sis is starting to act like halsey never leaving one note like JESUS

Same. I need some high head voice wails over electric guitar

THIS is what I tried to say about LFL - it felt like she didn’t deliver those vocals I know she can sing so well!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png