Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I still have a tiny shred of hope that RBFY will make it onto the album... :krylie:

I don't want a two minute song for an eleven track album

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Yeah these vocals started with Lust for Life, which is why the album felt a little different from the others. And now she has continued that same vocal range, and I’m not as excited for this album. Which is a shame, because the lyrics are amazing. It’s their delivery that is a bit lackluster :(

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

This is wildly off topic I apologise but I just learned the existence of this actress and does anyone else thinks she looks like / it reminds them of Lana omg. And the name of her character is Elizabeth

7117136.png?display=1&htype=137&type=res

landscape-1453382859-tv-death-in-paradis

ZKcaooE.png

HtD has such potential. It starts out beautifully. I hope she reworks it a lil and fixes the ‘beer’ part and maybe reworks the lyrics a little too so it doesn’t rhyme that much.

qfrWuBl.png

This is wildly off topic I apologise but I just learned the existence of this actress and does anyone else thinks she looks like / it reminds them of Lana omg. And the name of her character is Elizabeth

7117136.png?display=1&htype=137&type=res

landscape-1453382859-tv-death-in-paradis

Ohh, I’ve seen her in Poldark but I never thought she looked similar to Lana. Probably thanks to the costumes. But I can see what you mean in the first picture.

(Her Elizabeth character started out good and later becomes pretty bitchy and just mean thanks to her second husband, I don’t like her very much lol)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

So iconic. The intro makes me envision a boat moving through dark waters late at night.

I can see what ur saying, and its beautiful. It reminds me of driving down from Santa Barbara, while the skies closing, and the ocean's black. And how hypnotizing it is to watch the cars drive to and fro

UV/Honeymoon

I'm sorry but these songs are dead

i am but a harmless little rat let me be with my rainrot den and mustered cheeses lampooning in the raggedy walls of italy as if i was the bitch that started the black plague

I think the ship/waves are life itself, and the rough waters is trump and Disappear is a song about the abuses he/them are doing to society itself

but I also think it is possible the entire album will be a suite, an opera where everything is connected in one long piece (which is why I don't want any bonus songs at all)

and that until all the pieces are put together, we won't know

Which like the others make it a chronicle & live time recording of events as seen through her eyes.

btw, the irony of some saying on these threads about R....head, when they copied the Hollies, is that the Hollies song in question (not written by the Hollies anyhow), where a direct copy/style of Elton (IMHO and the opinion of millions of others). Because it was the later Hollies sound, not their original sound that contained Air that I breathe and other songs.

and-

Like a Bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down ©Paul Simon (who always love/hated Art's hijacking of his song).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Lana liked a tweet that said "How To Disappear is already the best track on the album". Could implie that it in fact will be on there.

Gawd I hate how she destroyed our enjoyment of teasers with LfL :toofunny:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!