Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

they should've added guitar at the end of the song. the instrumental is practically nonexistent, its just her voice

I think that the instrumental is more a support to her, I mean, I do think that this song should be seen as poetry, you know?

This song sounds nothing like the HTD snippets nor the video she posted working on the song with Jack. It sounds like the live performance because Jack can only play one instrument at a time and he decided to go for the piano, that's it  :deadbanana:

sorry but it does sounds like VB, aren't you listening to the psychodelic elements in this song?

1. How do they all sound the same? This sounds nothing like HTD, Venice Bitch or Mariners Apartment Complex

2. How to Disappear actually has studio production, lol 

Did i say it did?? and yes it sort of does sound like how to dissapear, its another slow piano song. I know the production could possibly be different but i dont think it'll change that drastically, i think a piano will still be its main instument

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

omg its probably me being an asshole but i hate it when people ask this question, its been answered so many fucking times. YES, in the interviews in September lana said the songs are part of the album

OMG sorry I asked.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Everyone better stream, buy and support the good sis when the song is released. xo

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I've been tearing up town

in my fucking nightgown

like a goddamn sociopath

shaking my ass is the only thing less,

got this black narcisist off my back

giphy.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Anyone else feel like Mariners Apartment Complex will be the opening song to the record? She always has such defining opening lines to every record, and I believe "you took my sadness out of context at the mariners apartment complex" will be the one for NFR.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

So, if this were being treated like a pop album campaign is it right to assume that Mariners Apartment Complex is the lead single, with Venice Bitch following as the second and then Hope Is A Dangerous Thing... being a promotional single?

Also following the Lust For Life rollout (I know it was difficult due to the album delays) is it likely that in February or early March we'll get a third single alongside the album pre-order?

One of the coolest things about Hope is a dangerous thing besides the vocals performance and writing is the fact it was quoted from a scene in Stephen King's Shawkshank Redemption. 

Anyone else feel like Mariners Apartment Complex will be the opening song to the record? She always has such defining opening lines to every record, and I believe "you took my sadness out of context at the mariners apartment complex" will be the one for NFR.

I would love Mariners Apartment Complex to open the record and How To Disappear to close the record. I've posted this before, but lyrically it makes sense and has a nice sentiment.

Mariners Apartment Complex - Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am.

How To Disappear - I'm always going to be right here, no one's going anywhere.

They also both mention the ocean, so again similar themes which I think is a nice continuation from Get Free.

I would love Mariners Apartment Complex to open the record and How To Disappear to close the record. I've posted this before, but lyrically it makes sense and has a nice sentiment.

Mariners Apartment Complex - Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am.

How To Disappear - I'm always going to be right here, no one's going anywhere.

They also both mention the ocean, so again similar themes which I think is a nice continuation from Get Free.

Exactly  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

not being rude but, all of these snippets sound the same - this song basically sounds like HTD so... homegirl is gonna need to experimemt a little more with production and ditch that musty piano NOW

Oh, maybe you were thinking of these parts too? Other than that, I don't think they're too similar.

Wait. Maybe I’m delulu but the melodies for

“All of the guys tell me lies but you don’t you just crack another beer”

And

“I’ve been tearing around in my fucking nightgown 24/7 Sylvia Plath”

sound kinda similar?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

One of the coolest things about Hope is a dangerous thing besides the vocals performance and writing is the fact it was quoted from a scene in Stephen King's Shawkshank Redemption. 

He's my favorite author. Im so happy

Lust For Dead   large.gif