Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I also think the selfie format was a creative choice but what she's trying to convey with that I have no idea  :crossed:

It's the visual / audio juxtaposition between the two.

The cover depicts her smiling at an important event for all of the world to see but upon listening, we can see that she is just smiling to avoid answering questions about being happy or sad.

When in reality, she's neither.

Years from now when cellphones fucking fly and hover in front of you to take a picture or whataver people are going to see this cover and think "wow this is some real vintage shit right there" like we do when we see pictures from 40 years ago of our parents sitting by the porch doing nothing    :hoe:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I also think the selfie format was a creative choice but what she's trying to convey with that I have no idea  :crossed:

I get ya. I don't find it that off when the song is self-reflective lyrically like a selfie can be. She's smiling, which is in context to the chorus' use of happiness with sadness. Then, of course, mentioning an iPad and her attention as a social media presence. 

Years from now when cellphones fucking fly and hover in front of you to take a picture or whataver people are going to see this cover and think "wow this is some real vintage shit right there" like we do when we see pictures from 40 years ago of our parents sitting by the porch doing nothing  :hoe:

Exactly. 

It's the visual / audio juxtaposition between the two.

The cover depicts her smiling at an important event for all of the world to see but upon listening, we can see that she is just smiling to avoid answering questions about being happy or sad.

When in reality, she's neither.

Preach sis. 

That’s why in my last post I didn’t include it. I think it was her Beats 1 radio interview she mentioned the number, but I could be wrong.

Correct. She said it had currently 11 songs.

12 is a possibility though: after that, she teased HTD and said it was the last song they did for the album. Only question is: was HTD already counted in the 11 back in September though it was probably still just a demo, or has it been added later on? Anyways, unless she pulls some magic trick, I don’t see NFR having more than 11 maybe 12 songs.

Correct. She said it had currently 11 songs.

12 is a possibility though: after that, she teased HTD and said it was the last song they did for the album. Only question is: was HTD already counted in the 11 back in September though it was probably still just a demo, or has it been added later on? Anyways, unless she pulls some magic trick, I don’t see NFR having more than 11 maybe 12 songs.

Jack is no Daddy Nowels, she won't be able to call him at 2 am asking him to produce one more song hours before she's supposed to presemt the album to interscope   :deadbanana:

am i the only one whos bothered by the audio in sylvis

like in the last chorus the pianorandomly gets louder for a heartbeat on the right headphone for 3 times or so

I really dislike the background vocals in the "burnt coffee pot" part.

They sound like a remastered instagram snippet layered over the actual song  :crossed:

I have to get this off my chest but some of u gays are past the point of delusion if you think that single cover is okay then again y'all are probably the same people that think lfl is a good album so it's expected  :oprah3:   some of y'all are trying too hard writing essays to justify her laziness, just take the L and accept that her visuals are out the door and she's not putting in effort anymore! I hope to god that ben lights a fire up her ass for the NFR cover and it's not a chuck shot of lana next to a house plant. Before y'all go "who cares about visuals the music is some of her best art!!11 she's matuRE NOW she's eVolvinG!!" NO visuals and music go hand in hand, the bitch used to put out some of the best music videos/photoshoots a faggot could wish for I can't accept that this is her evolving, It's just not sitting right with me. 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I doubt she added more considering the size of Venice Bitch, it wouldn't fit all on one CD. Unless they stopped making CDs, Idk

Up to 80 minutes fit on one CD, and so far the length of Lana's albums has always been between around 60 minutes (Born To Die deluxe) and 72 minutes (Lust For Life), so having at least 12 songs on Norman Fucking Rockwell should easily be possible. I feel like this album is going to have rather long tracks again, although I'm pretty sure there won't be another Venice Bitch on it. I'm expecting this album to come close to Lust For Life's running time, and perhaps to even exceed it. But yeah, I feel like 12 tracks would be perfect.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think it'd be great if Lana released the tracklist with HIADT tomorrow, but we all know she won't.

giphy.gif

I think she will only make the cover + tracklist + preorder available when she releases the lead single though.

I think she will only make the cover + tracklist + preorder available when she releases the lead single though.

But she already released it...

tumblr_ni5j4nVoAX1ql5yr7o3_500.gif

Debuted in the Top10 Poland iTunes.. She is really the POLAND QUEEN

I knew I loved my people for a reason

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

But she already released it...

tumblr_ni5j4nVoAX1ql5yr7o3_500.gif

I knew I loved my people for a reason

Did she 100% say that Venice Bitch (or MAC idk) was the lead single? Sorry I have short range memory I really don't remember anything other than her saying they were stand alone singles.