Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

my biggest complaint is that we literally never know what's going on lmao

like i wonder if they even have a plan/strategy or if she just calls up ben like 2 weeks before she wants the next song out or smth

Every era there's been more effort. Lust For Life era had some good interviews along with the complex one, Honeymoon had the live lounge, UV had a buttload of interviews which I'm forever grateful for. I mean I know she hates that shit but then like I said, don't release singles. Pull a Beyonce and drop it all when you're ready. 

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the fact that there's no promo, she hasn't released a single in 4 months, the one that she did won't successfully get the album anymore hype, she cancelled tour dates, she took a selfie for a cover, she even said herself she's lazy on instagram live. I mean at least every other album had some interviews and shit. I know I'll be attacked for my opinion on this, but it's because of fans that settle for crumbs she throws at us that she becomes lazier and lazier. If she really doesn't give a fuck then she can just make an album and surprise release it. No need for hype when the artist couldn't even care less

The singles are for the fans tho, they aren’t actual single singles, they don’t need promo. She dropped Venice Bitch and MAC so early on because she just wanted to put them out at the end of summer. The interviews and promo and all that are probs coming once the actual lead single drops. We don’t know why she cancelled some shows, I highly doubt t’s because she just doesn’t care.

qfrWuBl.png

I can't wait for some messed up gay to create an account called china.palace and say "hi! it's me Jorge from jail Lana back in this account xx"

Imagine how much promo she'd get done if she let her fans do all the work for her. Like WOW an equivalent of a supermall or something 

UV/Honeymoon

The singles are for the fans tho, they aren’t actual single singles, they don’t need promo. She dropped Venice Bitch and MAC so early on because she just wanted to put them out at the end of summer. The interviews and promo and all that are probs coming once the actual lead single drops. We don’t know why she cancelled some shows, I highly doubt t’s because she just doesn’t care.

no but the way they (they as in everyone who is responsible for lana, herself included) are going on about this thing is really sloppy when it comes to actually making it clear wtf her statement means.

i76mrxw.png 

Who releases three songs that aren't singles, just to release more singles. That makes no sense, why would anyone buy an album when 6 - 8 of the songs are out in full already? Like I said Lana doesn't give a fuck anymore. Ben is probably freaking out telling Lana they need to do more promo, Lana is probably laughing at us all with her coffee at hand on facetime with him saying "stfu mate I'm a baddie we don't do that, they'll buy anything I make" and buying random shit off etsy.

I don't know if you know but I think Mariners Apartment Complex was the official lead single and Venice Bitch is the second...

These press releases are saying otherwise. I don’t know for sure but it makes more sense that they’re just “fan singles” since they didn’t get any promo at all and were just randomly dropped.

qfrWuBl.png

Newest press release disagrees

Didn't the press also say in late March 2017/early April 2017 before Lust For Life with the Weeknd was released that it was going to be the lead single instead of Love...?

Oh god no. Last season was basically a fan season and it was awful

I get u on that. It felt, lacking. I mean it was enjoyable w some moments, but it didn't really feel like it had any solid substance to draw anything from. References were nice tho

I was skimming thru an article on how KPOP fans are the worst, and actually sexually harassed one of their pop stars, repetitively, not making this up and it's not a laughing matter, but just imagine a group of Gogo Yubari's just flocking around causing havoc. It'd be interesting and frightening to watch. 

There's an entire culture about fan obsession, and it'd be great to really have that portrayed on screen, besides documentaries about it imo

UV/Honeymoon

Imagine how much promo she'd get done if she let her fans do all the work for her. Like WOW an equivalent of a supermall or something 

legit can lana just hire someone to talk for her in interviews, promote shit and someone that follows her around all day. I'd totally be down with Charlie getting that job. 

Interviewer: so how's your sisters album going

Charlie: it's dope bruh, she's a fucking baddie. Me and my friends jammed out to it last night, killer vibes!