Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I think it's almost a running joke that you almost have to hate LFL lol. LFL will always be the album that will divide us, because it's so different. Generally speaking, people who love NFr so far are the ones that love cohesive and "mood-oriented" records like UV and HM. I also love LFL, but I must admit it's her least cohesive album (which isn't a bad thing, after HM and before NFR). Anyways, we all have the right to our opinion, and people here sure will question it lol.

I just keep seeing "HAHA YOU GUYS ARE DUMB FOR DISSING NFR WHEN WE HAVE SONGS LIKE WHITE MUSTANG" and it's like baby... we ain't DISSING NFR, we're just giving our opinions on it.

Of course, it's not out yet, but the one thing I don't understand is, if we can't form opinions on the work that's been released because it's not all out yet, why is it okay to have a positive opinion on it? There's this sort of hypocrisy going on that honestly has me scratching my head sometimes.

If a negative opinion is seen as delusion, why isn't a positive opinion seen as delusion? I just really don't get what made up hand book most people are going by.

As for negative opinions ruining someone's experience, I must say we are all our own people. If someone's opinion ruins someone's experience this era, maybe those people who feel that way should work on structuring their value system so that isn't tainted by the rain.

I just don't really understand the idea of someone's joy being ruined by someone's opinion on a matter. We aren't being forced into a room with eachother. Go outside and go for a walk and come back when you feel stable. I'm not trying to sound mean, but a tree with strong roots cannot by moved by the worst hurricane, and I don't think I am responsible for someone else's emotions towards my opinion.

It'd be a different thing if I straight up insulted someone, but an opinion? My loves, there's bad things going on in the world. If you want to fight for something, go fight for something meaningful, not negative opinions on a forum.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I was here in this thread and I went to change the website on my phone and the auto-word said “Delusion”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I was here in this thread and I went to change the website on my phone and the auto-word said “Delusion”

Not Jinkx Monsoon profiting off this whole forum!

2 more days and we'll know if Terrence's prophecy is right :umadney: if not then we can burn him at the stake.

And then when March 5th comes we can see if I was right :creep:

If Ben reads this forum enough to send Elle passive-aggressive emails, can he kindly let his client know that her last remaining fans are tired of her bullshit and would simply like to know when she plans on releasing the album? That’s one simple fucking question. It’s not like we’re asking for anything ~*too crazy*~ like an album cover or something. But that’s because we know it will be one of Chuck’s amateur film school rejected-ass’ pictures.

Did he really send Elle emails????? lmaaaaaaao wtf Ben come here your dumbass I wanna talk

It was actually her other manager Ed, and he’s even called me too lol. So, behave you guys!! No leaks this era! x

So passive-aggressive I make Ed do it.

2 more days and we'll know if Terrence's prophecy is right :umadney:  if not then we can burn him at  the stake.

Oh its right, honey.

tumblr_otedwxO3Yy1svi3flo1_500.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I just keep seeing "HAHA YOU GUYS ARE DUMB FOR DISSING NFR WHEN WE HAVE SONGS LIKE WHITE MUSTANG" and it's like baby... we ain't DISSING NFR, we're just giving our opinions on it.

Of course, it's not out yet, but the one thing I don't understand is, if we can't form opinions on the work that's been released because it's not all out yet, why is it okay to have a positive opinion on it? There's this sort of hypocrisy going on that honestly has me scratching my head sometimes.

If a negative opinion is seen as delusion, why isn't a positive opinion seen as delusion? I just really don't get what made up hand book most people are going by.

As for negative opinions ruining someone's experience, I must say we are all our own people. If someone's opinion ruins someone's experience this era, maybe those people who feel that way should work on structuring their value system so that isn't tainted by the rain.

I just don't really understand the idea of someone's joy being ruined by someone's opinion on a matter. We aren't being forced into a room with eachother. Go outside and go for a walk and come back when you feel stable. I'm not trying to sound mean, but a tree with strong roots cannot by moved by the worst hurricane, and I don't think I am responsible for someone else's emotions towards my opinion.

It'd be a different thing if I straight up insulted someone, but an opinion? My loves, there's bad things going on in the world. If you want to fight for something, go fight for something meaningful, not negative opinions on a forum.

Totally agree with you on that one. It's the problem with social media: what a person thinks must now become the new normal. And this site sure follows that trend. 

Anyways, I have always had my own opinion about her albums and I don't care if people don't like them: it won't change how I feel about them. The only thing that concerns me is when people criticize a situation and bash when their idea is based on no facts at all or false facts  : that's when I reply and try to make my point. 

I really like reading your comments: we might not always agree and you can sometimes express your opinion fiercely (after all, your nickname is Peroxyde lol), but I respect your POV :) 

People are just saying they prefer UV more, there's nothing else to that. It doesn't make someone a bad or questionable person if they prefer one album over the other and wish for Lana to have the same vibes in her future work.

That's because it's true.

:)

Everyone has the right to have a favorite album of hers, but I was just saying that if someone doesn't like HM, LFL and NFR at all, then why stay here and just not admit that you don't like the turn her music took (and move on with your life)? 

As for the laziness and mess thing, it can apply to her marketing and for the visuals of this era, but not, to me, to her songwriting or even the production of her albums. It bugs me when someone calls her lyrics lazy these days: Jesus fucking Christ, are you a songwriter yourself to call her lazy on her lyrics? Did you do so much better yourself?!?

Maybe I worship her too much since I have no musical talent whatsoever, but when I hear what is playing on the radio or other alternative female songwriter, nothing gets to me the way her music does, and that's what matters to me. 

So passive-aggressive I make Ed do it.

Leak Yosemite daddy

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Everyone has the right to have a favorite album of hers, but I was just saying that if someone doesn't like HM, LFL and NFR at all, then why stay here and just not admit that you don't like the turn her music took (and move on with your life)? 

As for the laziness and mess thing, it can apply to her marketing and for the visuals of this era, but not, to me, to her songwriting or even the production of her albums. It bugs me when someone calls her lyrics lazy these days: Jesus fucking Christ, are you a songwriter yourself to call her lazy on her lyrics? Did you do so much better yourself?!?

Maybe I worship her too much since I have no musical talent whatsoever, but when I hear what is playing on the radio or other alternative female songwriter, nothing gets to me the way her music does, and that's what matters to me. 

Not to brag but yes, I have been writing lyrics since I was 11 years old and I have plans to eventually self publish some poetry of mine one day. But more to the initial point, just because people have negative opinions about her latest albums, it doesn't mean they actually hate her current work with a burning passion, so I don't think anyone would feel the need to completely discard Lana at the drop of a hat.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ooh hunty. HiaB's deffo pink. (Still hoping the vinyl's pink) zxt9iu.jpg

yes, but actually no

Totally agree with you on that one. It's the problem with social media: what a person thinks must now become the new normal. And this site sure follows that trend.

Anyways, I have always had my own opinion about her albums and I don't care if people don't like them: it won't change how I feel about them. The only thing that concerns me is when people criticize a situation and bash when their idea is based on no facts at all or false facts : that's when I reply and try to make my point.

I really like reading your comments: we might not always agree and you can sometimes express your opinion fiercely (after all, your nickname is Peroxyde lol), but I respect your POV :)

Thank you sweetie :heart: I will admit, I do come off quite corrosive at times when I'm passionately into a conversation, but at the end of the day, I think we all deserve respect and love as fellow human beings!