Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What's the point of churning out album after album year by year saying how much you ~luv your new songs~ while rambling about how much you ~luv touring with my road dogz~ when the majority of your setlist is made up of shit from your first major label debut album.  :facepalm:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I don't remember the exact words I used but basically I told him to stop playing with us saying that art takes time when Lana herself confirmed since January that the album was done, and that the era was a mess and he was doing nothing to make it better. Maybe you saw it, my name is Hugo.

It was when he answered hearts and claping hands to someone criticizing him by telling all Ben and her label wanted was a hit song and she wasn't free to do whatever she wants.

This might not be a correct structure, I apologise, I've been doing English tests for university all the afternoon and I might have lost some brain cells

Never apologize for your English! It is the hardest language of them all, especially as a second language. 

The popularity argument is so f*cking stupid by now. Her shows sell out because her batshit obsessive fans buy tickets. There is no reason to just be playing "tHe PoPulAr aLbUm". Besides this, other artists constantly change up their setlists aswell. She's just fucking lazy, that's it. There is no valid reason to perform any BtD song apart from Summertime Sadness and Video Games by now anymore.

THANK. YOU. Why does she continue to make music if she's never gonna sing it

shoot i totally forgot Lana was performing tonight!!!!!!!! at what time exactly is she gonna be on stage??? i'm freaking out over her outfit y'all tonight is decisive If she's not wearing something cute it's gonna be another cross in my "unstan or keep stanning" list and for the moment the unstan side is rlly winning WHICH I'M NOT LIKING AT ALL

She is on at 10pm eastern time, 60 minute set

This, couldn't give a fuck less what casual fans want, concerts are for stans.She looks so bored and tired every show. 

She's a total rubbish performer these days with a few short glimpses of what she used to be. It's sad, because she has potential due to how naturally charismatic she is as an artist.

Obviously she was not a perfect live act before, but she was invested and took the time to cultivate that and her live renditions were overall enjoyable and interesting to watch and listen to. Now she looks like she feels she's too ~kewl~ to be there and keeps excusing the lack of new/never performed songs saying "the band doesn't know that one yet" followed by a boring 30 second acapella no one wanted. Well get them to f*cking rehearse it, that is a huge part of their job after all.

If she insists on performing certain BTD songs, she could easily get her band to switch up the sound of them to keep it fresh, as they've slightly altered other songs in the past, but she clearly cannot be bothered with that either.

Ideal setlist

1. Mariners Apartment Complex (with new live intro)

2. Cherry

3. West Coast

4. Live premiere of NFR song

5. Yayo

6. Black Beauty/Y&B/HiaDT

7. Shades of Cool

8. Guitar-oriented unreleased like Your Girl/Yes to Heaven

9. Ultraviolence

10. Ride or WTWWAWWKD

11. High by the Beach

12. Kill Kill/Pawn Shop Blues/Mermaid Motel 

13. Brooklyn Baby

14. Terrence Loves You

15. Love

16. Summertime Sadness

17. Video Games

18. Venice Bitch

There is no valid reason to perform any BtD song apart from Summertime Sadness and Video Games by now anymore.

THIS

But also, I would include either Born To Die or Blue Jeans in the setlist. She could even switch up what BTD songs she chooses each show while just keeping Video Games as the constant.  

Never apologize for your English! It is the hardest language of them all, especially as a second language.

Why do perfect boys live so far away from me

Imagine not releasing the “lead single” today. There’s literally no competition.

Interscope, when you do clownery...

Lead single? They don't know her, dahling

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

She's a total rubbish performer these days with a few short glimpses of what she used to be. It's sad, because she has potential due to how naturally charismatic she is as an artist.

Obviously she was not a perfect live act before, but she was invested and took the time to cultivate that and her live renditions were overall enjoyable and interesting to watch and listen to. Now she looks like she feels she's too ~kewl~ to be there and keeps excusing the lack of new/never performed songs saying "the band doesn't know that one yet" followed by a boring 30 second acapella no one wanted. Well get them to f*cking rehearse it, that is a huge part of their job after all.

If she insists on performing certain BTD songs, she could easily get her band to switch up the sound of them to keep it fresh, as they've slightly altered other songs in the past, but she clearly cannot be bothered with that either.

They are professional musicians, they can pick up songs quickly. They aren't amateurs for gods sake, you would swear she still is though

They are professional musicians, they can pick up songs quickly. They aren't amateurs for gods sake, you would swear she still is though

Yeah like I'm sure the band totally enjoys playing the same fucking setlist since 2012. :deadbanana: Blames the band to substitute for her own laziness.

& will we ever get rid of the security blanket that is Alex and Ashley? They're useless up there and that dead fish "choreography" Lana does just contributes to her shortcomings. Like I get that they were introduced when she was trying to morph into a format similar to Amy Winehouse/her backup singers Ade & Zalon but now it's just overkill and ridiculous + the positioning makes no sense, why is Lana frequently in the background lmao everything regarding her live act nowadays is a fucking mess.  :facepalm:

Yeah like I'm sure the band totally enjoys playing the same fucking setlist since 2012. :deadbanana: Blames the band to substitute for her own laziness.

& will we ever get rid of the security blanket that is Alex and Ashley? They're useless up there and that dead fish "choreography" Lana does just contributes to her shortcomings. Like I get that they were introduced when she was trying to morph into a format similar to Amy Winehouse/her backup singers Ade & Zalon but now it's just overkill and ridiculous + the positioning makes no sense, why is Lana frequently in the background lmao everything regarding her live act nowadays is a fucking mess.  

And they so OBVIOUSLY don't even sing!! Like whats the point of even having them? They're pretty sure, but they just compensate for her lack of performance, so cringey when they do the White Mustang dance and she lets the instrumental play

Have to work tonight so I’ll miss finding out she doesn’t give any news but my thoughts are with you my sistrens!

In the meantime stream Tomorrow Never Came and Mariners Apartment Complex!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Since we're talking about Live performances and shows (btw, I also think she definetly needs to ditch the bullshit ''choreography'' and the useless cringy dancers), does anybody find it weird how she is struggling on the pretty when you cry high notes? ....Like, she strongly uses her diafragm on those notes while in head voice kind of, and she's really struggling, and using the diafragm normally gives you more resonance and power (from what I, a complete amateur in voice knowledge, have heard) but you can barely hear her on those notes and it just looks bad. 

She could definetly sing those in a lighter way, not pushing so hard, maybe give it more air, go full head tone and it'll look and sound 10 times better and a lot more unique over those guitars

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Since we're talking about Live performances and shows (btw, I also think she definetly needs to ditch the bullshit ''choreography'' and the useless cringy dancers), does anybody find it weird how she is struggling on the pretty when you cry high notes? ....Like, she strongly uses her diafragm on those notes while in head voice kind of, and she's really struggling, and using the diafragm normally gives you more resonance and power (from what I, a complete amateur in voice knowledge, have heard) but you can barely hear her on those notes and it just looks bad. 

She could definetly sing those in a lighter way, not pushing so hard, maybe give it more air, go full head tone and it'll look and sound 10 times better and a lot more unique over those guitars

how was she even able to record PWYC if she can't reach its high notes?

giphy.gif

how was she even able to record PWYC if she can't reach its high notes?

Are you THAT dense? They obviously meant live, it is easier to record in studio where it can be edited and redone and put effects on. That was also five years ago

You do realize the more breathy, nasally, airy, and more head tone she uses, the more she won't be able to sing right? Why do you think Britney, Whitney and Mariah all lost their voices? I mean mind you Britney and Whitney were also smokers, but all three had unhealthy singing habits by always either using falsetto, being breathy, or being nasally and using head voice. Now Brit Brit can't even sing (still love her tho) Mariah can't even hit a proper C5 (she used to go as high as like an F7 I'm pretty sure) and Whitney almost couldn't hold a note in the end of the career. It just sucks all these artists pick up bad habits to sound different instead of singing properly and using a mix of everything. I haven't heard Lana belt or properly sing since like 2013 and I don't want my girl to lose her voice :poordat:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif