Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

at this point she gotta say something by the end of April, like when is this whole mess going to end. Like the poetry book is going to be great but it's 2019 we don't read we want to hear the music which should be more important to her business wise and just fucking makes sense

i get its a cute thing shes passionate about and i respect that but lmao yes!!! i havent read a book since i was in elementary (maybe thats my own problem) so i really could care less about poetry. id be here for her reading it off like a audiobook/podcast though

I'll recover. Now where tf is it 2v8s3g3.jpg

your gif usage is always exquisite 

i get its a cute thing shes passionate about and i respect that but lmao yes!!! i havent read a book since i was in elementary (maybe thats my own problem) so i really could care less about poetry. id be here for her reading it off like a audiobook/podcast though

your gif usage is always exquisite 

We are auditory people ... she should give us an audiobook.

I don't care if she releases it on a floppy disk at this point, just give me whatever the fuck it is so that we can all move on to the music.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

at this point she gotta say something by the end of April, like when is this whole mess going to end. Like the poetry book is going to be great but it's 2019 we don't read we want to hear the music which should be more important to her business wise and just fucking makes sense

i'm afraid we're already in the end of april

Me buying NFR on release day after calling for it to leak and telling myself I wouldn’t buy it

FalseEvergreenGecko-max-1mb.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

lana may be keeping us waiting for too long but at least shes not releasing music like taylor swifts new single

You're comparing two different artists, completely different, that don't make the same music at all, they have literally zero thing in common. Move on gurl.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

You're comparing two different artists, completely different, that don't make the same music at all, they have literally zero thing in common. Move on gurl.

I'm not Wynwood but I think they might've meant that it's bad, even by Taylor's standards, and that it's better to be left waiting than to have something that's sub-par. 

Bastille released yesterday the second single from their upcoming album Doom Days. The first single was released... May 9 last year. In the meantime, there was new music, including a weird Mixtape and their collab Happier.

So Lana is not totally different after all, though it’s very uncommon, to have almost a year between the first single and the album (which is very likely at this point).

This "no plan" thing is such a bad idea.

Look at it this way: she's already pissed heaps of people off by keeping everyone in the dark about the album. Even her casual fans are confused.

There's no way she's not going to piss people off with the poetry book. Like the album, it seems very poorly planned. She's hyping the shit out of it on social media and in interviews, but she's indicated that she's only going to sell it in So Cal and that it's going to be $1.

So on one hand she's pitching it to her fans worldwide, and then on the other she's planning to release it to a much smaller, local audience.

If she only sells it in So Cal, then everyone is going to be fighting over it, most people will miss out and it will lead to mayhem. Many won't be satisfied with an audiobook or digital version.

If she changes her mind and sells it everywhere else, then I do not see how she can sell it for $1 ... that isn't viable on a worldwide scale, or even just within the US. Changing the price probably won't piss people off as much as only selling it in So Cal, but the media will have a field day with it because a rich celebrity telling their fans that they'll sell something to them for $1 and then bumping the price up just isn't a good look.

If she fucks up the poetry book release, which looks likely for the reasons stated, then next time she has some random idea, or even does another poetry book, everyone's just gonna be like "the fuck ever ...". We all have that one flaky friend who never does what they say they're going to do, and you just end up not giving a fuck when they say something because you know they're likely to let you down. That'll be Lana to her fans.

So the way I see it, she's fucked. Maybe she knows she's fucked and the silence is some sort of avoidance mechanism. I know the "no plan" comment related to the album, but all of that ^ is exactly why you plan.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out.