Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Clicking on that pico link actually gave me the smallest glimmer of excitement for just a few tiny seconds and honestly I haven't felt that way in a very VERY long time...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

If anyone is crazy, it’s the ones believing i’d actually risk delaying the album even MORE

i honestly feel like it would just wake her tf up and make her realize... if we dont get this album... we are doing it ourselves

247df426f6829562eae5788b118c3f0c.gif

whether its morally right or wrong to do so

Sis, breathe.

Bringing up a conversation nonchalantly about a possible leak of NFR music, and whether or not we’d be okay w it + the climate we’ve been dealing w this entire era + posting on IG and in this thread (off topic might I add) for no other purpose than to fool ppl and to brag about having music from NFR that we’ve all been openly desperate for = psychologically manipulative behavior. Periodt. Save this shit for next April fool’s day. It ain’t funny to anyone but you. For some of us, this whole era has actually been triggering for pre-existing mental illness but yeah I guess I’ll just “breathe”

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Another way to approach the NFR delay is right in the 'Hope' lyrics. These are the lyrics of a professed very troubled person, and I think it's safe to assume that the narrator is LDR to some unverifiable degree. And we've seen admissions that she, or the personages in her songs, are mentally troubled in other lyrics, on 'Ride,' on ''Cruel World,' among others, and on some of her unreleased songs. Mental illness is as common as physical illness in my experience, and just as varied, and no more to be shunned or feared than a broken leg or psoriasis.

A lot of those homely selfies she posted during the LFL era, where she was wearing no makeup and the camera angles grossly distorted her lips and nose, didn't seem to suggest mental health either, not if she was the one making the decision to post them (which I believe she was). 

I have no problem accepting that she may be experiencing some mental distress, even significant mental distress, and there's her teenage alcoholism and frequent mention of hard drugs in her lyrics to potentially factor in as well. Who knows what she's been experiencing? One of the things I've always liked about LDR is that she's able to tackle the darkness as well as the light. I don't think there's barely a darker song extant that the unreleased original version 'Live or Die.' 

As disappointing as this era has been, and as much as we want NFR to have dropped yesterday or in February, I think we have to try to wish her the best and hope any technical, production, aesthetic, record company, or legal issues go away soon, and any deep personal matters too. 

It certainly appears, via her Insta Baddies and other posts and photos, that she's trying to live her life in a completely different way at present.

Perhaps she's 'gotten free' or is still trying to 'get free,' or perhaps she's found that she's as 'stuck' as ever, which is a very human place to find one's self. 

thats cute but can she get free after the album is released

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

why does this look like lana on stage in her boots when the audience asks for cinnamon

:fabcat:  

actually it kinda looks like her during the OTTR choreography im-

tenor.gif?itemid=7995585

why does this look like lana on stage in her boots when the audience asks for cinnamon

:fabcat:

This is iconic it’s cinnamon cat

stop.... what other version of "live or die" °o°

There is another version which was released/leaked about two years ago, which is trip-hoppish/disco-ish/house-ish, and was referred to as the 'final version,' and is many times less good to me. The original is much more in the 'Velvet Crowbar' vein, with clear vocals and lyrics. 

tbh i'm just sad about how dead inside i felt clicking on that link...like damn my level of excitement has dwindled so much that i was barely even disappointed.

it's just the way i feel

I just know all of this obsessive waiting (for 6+ months) is going to come to a boil when she puts the album cover on IG. We all know it's going to be a tacky af Chuck cover with no artistic value or a real aesthetic direction, and the meltdowns will be legendary. All of this waiting for news in vain. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5666372

This "no plan" thing is such a bad idea.

Look at it this way: she's already pissed heaps of people off by keeping everyone in the dark about the album. Even her casual fans are confused.

There's no way she's not going to piss people off with the poetry book. Like the album, it seems very poorly planned. She's hyping the shit out of it on social media and in interviews, but she's indicated that she's only going to sell it in So Cal and that it's going to be $1.

So on one hand she's pitching it to her fans worldwide, and then on the other she's planning to release it to a much smaller, local audience.

If she only sells it in So Cal, then everyone is going to be fighting over it, most people will miss out and it will lead to mayhem. Many won't be satisfied with an audiobook or digital version.

If she changes her mind and sells it everywhere else, then I do not see how she can sell it for $1 ... that isn't viable on a worldwide scale, or even just within the US. Changing the price probably won't piss people off as much as only selling it in So Cal, but the media will have a field day with it because a rich celebrity telling their fans that they'll sell something to them for $1 and then bumping the price up just isn't a good look.

If she fucks up the poetry book release, which looks likely for the reasons stated, then next time she has some random idea, or even does another poetry book, everyone's just gonna be like "the fuck ever ...". We all have that one flaky friend who never does what they say they're going to do, and you just end up not giving a fuck when they say something because you know they're likely to let you down. That'll be Lana to her fans.

So the way I see it, she's fucked. Maybe she knows she's fucked and the silence is some sort of avoidance mechanism. I know the "no plan" comment related to the album, but all of that ^ is exactly why you plan.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Exactly. I have to admit I tend to see us (lanaboards users) as nothing more than a small minority, who may feel a certain way but has no impact when it comes doen to it. For the longest time, almost everyone on instagram (and I assume twitter too?) was kissing her ass and telling her to tAkE hEr tImE uwu ^_^ kween <333

Now, that's starting to change slightly, with more and more people getting tired of all the confusion, miscommunication and general messiness of this era. But there are still so many fans who don't seem to see a problem with all of this at all. They literally worship her like a goddess, in their eyes she can do no wrong.

As for the press, I honestly don't think anyone cares about her that much anymore. Her argument with AB got some attention and so did the Israel thing, but people stopped talking about that stuff when she released VB & MAC, which were very well-received. Her involvement with Hillsong was hardly discussed, and no one dragged her for it -when other celebrities have been dragged to filth. No one criticized her about the way she's handled the release of her upcoming album; they're calling it "intriguing" instead.

I think she has lost fans, and will lose even more, but in the end the actual number will be so small, she won't even notice. There will never be any sort of impact. Just a few complaints here and there.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

If anyone is crazy, it’s the ones believing i’d actually risk delaying the album even MORE

Leaks or no leaks ... she's gonna release it when she wants to. If she won't let her fans' collective outcry have a bearing on it, I can't see why she'd allow leaks to, either. If anything, it might encourage her to release it sooner rather than later. 

If I were her and someone leaked my music which I currently had no plan to release, it'd at least make me think about setting a release date, etc. 

At least a leak might trigger a response or a statement about the damn album ... at this point we're flatlining and we've got the defibrillator out. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Well since Lana won't do it, I guess I will. CINNAMON xo

https://picosong.com/wEudZ

While we're waiting for NFR stream Cellophane x

like this is actually in really poor taste. Next level psychopathic behavior and messing w people’s mental health, glad it’s all a joke to you

If Miss Del Rey not releasing NFR is really that detrimental to your mental health and someone posting a fake leak can really trigger you this much... log off. I'm serious. You guys are REALLY scary with all of this melodrama. Go outside or something 

Exactly. I have to admit I tend to see us (lanaboards users) as nothing more than a small minority, who may feel a certain way but has no impact when it comes doen to it. For the longest time, almost everyone on instagram (and I assume twitter too?) was kissing her ass and telling her to tAkE hEr tImE uwu ^_^ kween <333

Now, that's starting to change slightly, with more and more people getting tired of all the confusion, miscommunication and general messiness of this era. But there are still so many fans who don't seem to see a problem with all of this at all. They literally worship her like a goddess, in their eyes she can do no wrong.

and its her fans with most followings who kiss her ass ie, bigger influence. as lanadelnews said "take your time planning x" uhm? do you live under a rock? 

and she sure will take their word more than some random gay crying for cinnamon. 

i mean yeah, we dont know if she would listen to us anyways, but there def would be a bigger impact if accounts that she herself favors and have bigger audiences starting saying something other than "yas queen legend muah"