Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What if Lana pulls a MARINA and nearly quits music, takes a 3+ year hiatus, and returns with a mediocre album LMAOO

Can I be honest? I think that's a possibility. Lana's writing has been suffering recently (in my opinion ofc, none of the singles wow'ed me when it comes to lyrics) and I think if she spends more time with her new friends her writing will suffer even more. The thing about Lana is that she has been through some pretty dark, weird and shitty situations and when she wrote about these things and relationships her storytelling abilities shined the most. She has been living a calm and happy life for some time, and that showed in some songs from LFL. Give her a couple more years with this new posse and the only thing she will have to write about will be the California sun, matcha tea, ugg boots and how sad she is because she was in the hot tub for too long and got cold when she got out. 

hKEM4hN.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Do you even Elizabeth? Nothing that she does is accidental, especially not lyrically.

"Lana Del Rey: It was weird how that actual title came to me. I was riffing over a couple of chords that Jack [Antonoff] was playing for the title track, which ended up being called “Norman Fucking Rockwell.” It was kind of an exclamation mark: so this is the American dream, right now. This is where we’re at—Norman fucking Rockwell. We’re going to go to Mars, and [Donald] Trump is president, all right. Me and Jack, we just joke around constantly about all the random headlines we might see that week, so it’s a slight cultural reference. But it’s not a cynical thing, really. To me, it’s hopeful, to see everything as a little bit funnier. The chaos of the culture is interesting, and I’m hopeful that there’s room for there to be some movement and excitement within it." https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/02/lana-del-rey-gucci-interview

There is presently nothing more to discuss regarding the Rockwells.

I don’t know what that quote means to you—it doesn’t suggest much to me. What do “going to Mars” and Trump being president have to do with one another? One is good, one bad? Both unbelievable? Shocking? And saying after both, ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’ doesn’t suggest anything to me either, unless perhaps she really doesn’t understand much about Norman Rockwell. Contemporary America definitely isn’t like the America of Rockwell’s era. America hasn’t been like his America since JFK was assassinated, so it doesn’t really work, as a punchline, on an ironic level.

Some of her lyrics are outstanding, others, like to ‘Groupie Love’ or ‘Freak,’ are rather flat and/or labored.

This was debunked already. Eclipse spoke to a member of the Rockwell family about it. Cute conspiracy though.

Laws and Legal precedents are not conspiracies.

instrumental intro

6aYle9L.gif

in the car in the car in the backseat im your baby

giphy.gif

we go fast we so fast we dont move

giphy.gif

i believe in a place you take me make you real proud of your baby

OrdinaryFickleHyracotherium-small.gif

in your car im a star and im burning through you

2zsOR56.gif

I don’t know what that quote means to you—it doesn’t suggest much to me. What do “going to Mars” and Trump being president have to do with one another? One is good, one bad? Both unbelievable? Shocking? And saying after both, ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’ doesn’t suggest anything to me either, unless perhaps she really doesn’t understand much about Norman Rockwell. Contemporary America definitely isn’t like the America of Rockwell’s era. America hasn’t been like his America since JFK was assassinated, so it doesn’t really work, as a punchline, on an ironic level.

Some of her lyrics are outstanding, others, like to ‘Groupie Love’ or ‘Freak,’ are rather flat and/or labored.

Laws and Legal precedents are not conspiracies.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm not Elizabeth. It's her album and song title, and that's her explanation for it. It's clear, however, that she didn't choose him due to lyrical convenience as you suggested.

There is no evidence of any legal action being taken. Zero. As others have told you, it's been discussed and debunked. You have your opinion, and it seems that everyone else who has replied has their (opposing) opinion, so it's time to move on.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Can I be honest? I think that's a possibility. Lana's writing has been suffering recently (in my opinion ofc, none of the singles wow'ed me when it comes to lyrics) and I think if she spends more time with her new friends her writing will suffer even more. The thing about Lana is that she has been through some pretty dark, weird and shitty situations and when she wrote about these things and relationships her storytelling abilities shined the most. She has been living a calm and happy life for some time, and that showed in some songs from LFL. Give her a couple more years with this new posse and the only thing she will have to write about will be the California sun, matcha tea, ugg boots and how sad she is because she was in the hot tub for too long and got cold when she got out. 

Gotta disagree here, her lyrics on Hope and MAC are easily some of the best she's ever written. And people can say that Venice Bitch has bad lyrics all they want, but the song evokes a mood unlike any other and the repetitive lyrics add to the hazy trip down memory lane. I think it's probably the best song she's ever done.

As desperately as I want the album, Wild One (or whatever it's called) is extremely beautiful and I can't stop listening to it so that will appease me for a little bit lol.

im scared that ive been looking forward to the album but when it comes I’ll dislike it.. like marina’s album.

Whatever Marina just released... that's not an album, it's a pile of trash...

I was thinking a lot about NFR about an hour ago, and I decided just to eat cereal and read a book. Then, as I was reading the book. Norman Rockwell and his paintings are referenced.  :toofunny:

(The book was the Lovely Bones, it's amazing by the way.)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I don't know what to tell you. I'm not Elizabeth. It's her album and song title, and that's her explanation for it. It's clear, however, that she didn't choose him due to lyrical convenience as you suggested.

There is no evidence of any legal action being taken. Zero. As others have told you, it's been discussed and debunked. You have your opinion, and it seems that everyone else who has replied has their (opposing) opinion, so it's time to move on.

honestly props to you for even bothering with responses...you have the patience of a saint

YEAH oh my god i haven't even managed to get all the way through it yet...like i wanted to hear the whole thing so i'd have a more informed opinion but i actually cannot sit through it.

it's just the way i feel

Wanna know what gets me going for the record? Aside from the closure of just having it, getting lost in it and trying to really understand what Lana's saying, and at this particular current part of life/society, picking parts of it and having fit in emotional/story boxes and figuring out the different perspectives about them? AND the anticipation of buying a glossy vinyl when it comes out, regardless of the video quality? 

The fucking HiaB snippet when she whines about her love crying in the backseat and how she just wants to dance with him. Not just like Sheryl Crow's I hope u dance, but my god. The lyrics have been replaced, and the context of the song IS great, how happiness is fleeting, but she still chases it. We need groovy hippie Lana and this is the closest we've gottttttt from the SoC orgasmic guitar solo tenor.gif

UV/Honeymoon

@@Terrence Loves Me I don’t think your mom was necessarily flat out wrong. Perhaps April/ June were accurate at some point, but we all know that the future changes based on what people decide and Lana must have decided to push the album back. Would you mind, pretty please with Cherry by LDR on top, asking your mom again about what the future may hold at this moment in time? Perhaps ask her to focus in specifically on when we’ll be getting Cinnamon???

anigif_enhanced-27125-1413257459-8.gif?o

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Marina's new album might just be the worst album I've ever heard. Thank god for Spotify. 

And her new tour shows...

giphy.gif

I saw a few clips of her latest concerts on instagram and it's the tackiest set up I ever seen. People were walking around and walking out, completely uninterested. The only time any exitement came from the crowd was when she was singing old songs from her catalog. The dancing looked weird and just plain awful. Thank god Lana's concert sets and background dancers always looked cool even though I don't think Lana needs dancers. She needs backup singers. Marina has backup singers and dancers and it's just a mess. 

I wonder what the NFR shows will look like...but first we have to wait for the actual album.  :usrs:

I can not stand this puta, WHERE IS SHE  ???

She might be at the Met gala. 

im scared that ive been looking forward to the album but when it comes I’ll dislike it.. like marina’s album.

I don't think Lana is capable of releasing anything as awful as Marina's new album. Lust For Life is not my favorite album but it's not god awful like Love + Fear. At least Lust For Life is listenable and has some amazing beats and vocals. I can sit through LFL and listen to it more then once. However, Marina's new album is unbearable and cringy.  

I did this thing which I regret where I accidentally opened the thread at its starting pages and thought something might've actually happened and a floodgate of comments came pouring but it wasn't 5x6hip.jpg and now we flash forward here.

1649 pages 2ih435y.jpg N counting jki054.jpg

w nothing to show for but guessing about name legalities, if she'll attend the gala to relieve ourselves of the main chunk of misinformation which is smthn as simple as a release date 10wlidi.jpg bc she's not having anything planned acting as if july 21st fam or fuck, 3/29 never even happened 2ludybp.jpg Touring all the missions and churches on the west coast 2uy5ekj.jpg while she's still debating on the nonexistent release date of her poetry book 21npp4y.jpg that literally no one asked for 2rn7hiq.jpg bc who knows when that's coming out 3142weq.jpg The snippets will always just be snippets that's been the truth since the true top of the year28vfw95.jpg. MAC lost all momentum 20uzrci.jpg VB has kids and a yard n2n70m.jpg hope froze over just like her green smoothies, Cinnamon never got her hoe license o6e1jq.jpg how to disappear never made it past the ytvidonly.mp3 frontier de.gif  all the butterflies died earlier this month like the ones in the interlude videos we got nwn28k.jpg Makes the LFL release seem sane tenor.gif 344ozzp.jpg

tenor.gif

UV/Honeymoon