Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Urgent update: my husband has always pretended to not care about Lana and we’re drunk and I asked him if he likes her songs and he looked at me and gave the worlds tiniest nod. I’ve recruited another stan, it only took like 6 years

LIZARD PEOPLE

I actually think she's really changed her tactics this time around. She announced MAC and VB like a week away from release. Yeah dk what happened w HIADT being teased in like Oct, then released in Jan, but it seems like she's doing the same thing again, w DT. Which in a sense, is kind of honest? Aside from all the digging we've to do ourselves yeah  :hooker:

UV/Honeymoon

Lana has always been a very niche artist that is why she is not big like Adele so it makes sense many people are not here for her.

But tbh who cares, she made it clear over and over again she is not very fond of being famous.

Just serve us with the good music and forget about the rest.

so the new snippet it's a cover and it's part of a soundtrack? so no album material?

ms norman fucking rockwell?... ms norman fucking rockwell?? ... omfg she fucking dead

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

so the new snippet it's a cover and it's part of a soundtrack? so no album material?

ms norman fucking rockwell?... ms norman fucking rockwell?? ... omfg she fucking dead

Yes, yes, no.

No, no, yes.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Okay guys, as most of you probably know by now, my favourite artists are Lana Del Rey, Gwen Stefani, and Kylie Minogue. I noticed an interesting pattern about what they released over the last few years, and when:

• 2015: Kylie released her Christmas album, Kylie Christmas
  • 2016: Kylie released the "Snow Queen Edition" of her Christmas album
  • 2017: Gwen released her Christmas album, You Make It Feel Like Christmas
  • 2018: Gwen re-released a deluxe edition of her Christmas album

Not to stress anyone out or something, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lana's next release turns out to be a Christmas album. It would perfectly fit the pattern, and it would explain why we still don't have a release date... it's simply to early! And remember, we still don't have that studio version of Santa Baby. It would also explain why Lana and her team have always been so awkward about giving us any sort of confirmation whether the singles that have been released so far will be on the album or not, because obviously you can't put those kind of songs on a Christmas album. :creep:

g0a_TuIf_400x400.jpg

Now of course, if the pattern is correct, then she'll re-release the album in 2020, so expect a new regular studio album in 2022 at the earliest! :kiss:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Well, she may include Doin’ Time on NFR.

If not, then you really all should see it like I do: it’s a new song from her for the summer. Only one song. The same way she will have her Maleficient song out in October (if it’s for that movie she recorded).

NFR will happen. I’ve said it a 1000 times : at this point, it’s end of summer. There’ll be a lead before that and we have the Sublime cover to keep us waiting in the meantime.

Okay guys, as most of you probably know by now, my favourite artists are Lana Del Rey, Gwen Stefani, and Kylie Minogue. I noticed an interesting pattern about what they released over the last few years, and when:

• 2015: Kylie released her Christmas album, Kylie Christmas
  • 2016: Kylie released the "Snow Queen Edition" of her Christmas album
  • 2017: Gwen released her Christmas album, You Make It Feel Like Christmas
  • 2018: Gwen re-released a deluxe edition of her Christmas album
Not to stress anyone out or something, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lana's next release turns out to be a Christmas album. It would perfectly fit the pattern, and it would explain why we still don't have a release date... it's simply to early! And remember, we still don't have that studio version of Santa Baby. It would also explain why Lana and her team have always been so awkward about giving us any sort of confirmation whether the singles that have been released so far will be on the album or not, because obviously you can't put those kind of songs on a Christmas album. :creep:

g0a_TuIf_400x400.jpg

Now of course, if the pattern is correct, then she'll re-release the album in 2020, so expect a new regular studio album in 2022 at the earliest! :kiss:

Her Santa Baby was cute... but not a whole Christmas album! I know everyone does it because it’s big bucks, but I hope she doesn’t go with it.

sublime fans the worst I swear like what is their problem ? if you don't like don't listen smh 

The Sublime Instagram account reposted Lana's video and some guy in the comments was full on writing multiple paragraphs arguing with people because Lana's "not from the culture" because she's from New York not California so covering the song makes her a poser  :toofunny:

The Sublime Instagram account reposted Lana's video and some guy in the comments was full on writing multiple paragraphs arguing with people because Lana's "not from the culture" because she's from New York not California so covering the song makes her a poser  :toofunny:

stupidity at its finest 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

The best one was the dude who was mad 'cos she sings "LBC" and he's from LBC and he's offended, and she has no right to sing it and should sing "NYC".

Like she sings one verse and they lose their fucking minds; wait 'til the entire song is released.

I was going to fight them and then I saw the "whore" comments, and I decided that I was not going to waste my time pushing keys for misogynistic fuckwitted mouth-breathers, so ...

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Her Santa Baby was cute... but not a whole Christmas album! I know everyone does it because it’s big bucks, but I hope she doesn’t go with it.

Merry Fucking Christmas and Merry Fucking Christmas: It's Coming You Little Bitch Edition by Lana Del Rey are COMING, mark my words! 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I really do think they should at leaaaaast give her a chance. I mean, let the music speak for itself. Ngl I get their perspective, seeing as to how UO sorta capitalizes fashion/ touches diff styles from diff perspectives, or how Gaga makes pop music in different veins to make her own, but I mean god get over it. She's extending ur culture. Might urge a resurgence in that music vein to the masses? I get the whole hipsterism of Lana, but at the same time, her music does have artistic quality and they need to make peace w that. 

I understand the whole displacement of LB beach surf etc music culture, but bro seriously, at least listen to the music first then judge later 

UV/Honeymoon

Fans of a group or a singer are now the worst, with our instant access to social media. We basically destroy what isn’t our best act.

Are Sublime fans over the top right now? Hell yeah. The misogyny is drooling from the comments on the IG post.

But we’re often not that nice either with other singers here. It’s a problem these days: anybody can write the meanest and most hateful comment out of impulse.

But why are we asumming it won't be on NFR? We literally thought the same about Coachella and it ended up on LFL. IDK.

Forgot who mentioned it, but I think the same thing happened w Blue Velvet? Dk exactly. But, aside from the video compilation still that was VB and a few from stills from the MAC video (which I'm still laughing about bc it's deffo not by the beach at all gahaaaa), we haven't gotten much of surf music from Lana. Guitars, psychedelia, check. Aside from that, nada, nd I think the cover would b a great indicator of soundspace vibes imo

Fans of a group or a singer are now the worst, with our instant access to social media. We basically destroy what isn’t our best act.

Are Sublime fans over the top right now? Hell yeah. The misogyny is drooling from the comments on the IG post.

But we’re often not that nice either with other singers here. It’s a problem these days: anybody can write the meanest and most hateful comment out of impulse.

I get what ur saying, but not too sure if it's the most insightful on how they're going about it. Not a great way to rep ur favorite act lmaooo. Least some of the gays can get pretty technical on how they dislike things. 

UV/Honeymoon