Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm avoiding listening to any NFR singles or snippets and have been for a month or two now. Hopefully the album can still sound somewhat fresh on first listen.

love listening to a full, cohesive album, but I'm afraid year-old songs next to new ones will ruin it.

I'll take good music and lazy, shitty visuals over bad/mediocre music and great visuals any day of the week. Born To Die had some great visuals, but the music has aged badly. And not even nostalgia can trick me into thinking that album was any good.

The demos are still great. I think the overpolished album is what makes it age a bit, the production style. But I think it’s still very iconic in her discography. The visuals. The lyrics. The music was pretty great imo compared to LFL

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion yada yada yada, but... calling Born To Die... BAD?   :pls:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

video games GIF

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Guys y’all are so quick to assume she’s done with the album. It’s prolly just her label, she’ll release it whenever they actually let her. Which could be anytime, I guess. Maybe she sent it to Rick and wants to see what he thinks? Maybe execs STILL HAVENT HEARD IT? Who knows

Yikes...

She’s literally said the album’s finished twice. Her managers have basically said it'll be out whenever she feels like putting it out. It appears she’s just sitting on an album that’s been finished for going on five to six months now. The only one who knows what the hold up is is probably Lana herself

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I'll take good music and lazy, shitty visuals over bad/mediocre music and great visuals any day of the week. Born To Die had some great visuals, but the music has aged badly. And not even nostalgia can trick me into thinking that album was any good.

Born to Die is literally timeless but go off ig

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

She’s literally said the album’s finished twice. Her managers have basically said it'll be out whenever she feels like putting it out. It appears she’s just sitting on an album that’s been finished for going on five to six months now. The only one who knows what the hold up is is probably Lana herself

Yeah and the first time she said it she lied and went on to work on the album a month and a half later so I don’t 100% think she’s the MOST reliable person regarding this album (unless her verified account announces anything, I don’t even believe anything she says in a video or whatever)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It would be great if she released the poetry book on her birthday. Then she could put out the album around September. It's not good to expect it sooner.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The demos are still great. I think the overpolished album is what makes it age a bit, the production style. But I think it’s still very iconic in her discography. The visuals. The lyrics. The music was pretty great imo compared to LFL

There's no denying that Born To Die and that whole little era ( Lana's whole come up, singles, music videos, SNL, etc.) is one of the most iconic things that happened this decade. I don't deny it's her most iconic album to date, I just don't think the music is good. It could've been good, but they fucked up.

Yeah and the first time she said it she lied and went on to work on the album a month and a half later so I don’t 100% think she’s the MOST reliable person regarding this album (unless her verified account announces anything, I don’t even believe anything she says in a video or whatever)

Are you referring to Jack's story back in February? 

Someone here said earlier that maybe it had something to do with the audio of NFR songs for her future live shows... After all, she did perform MAC and VB back in March...

Like i said before, at this point, my best theory why NFR isn't out is because the poetry book took her longer than expected, she wanted it out before NFR, and now, she simply has a «too thoughtful album» that doesn't go with the season (summer releases are often lighter and breezy, so really not NFR). So maybe end of summer or early fall it will be out, when the season's right for it. 

people here have a tendency to jump rapidly to the conclusion that she now hates the album, that it's redone or scrapped completely. 

Kinda really want Doin' Time on NFR, because I'd like to listen it on vinyl, but at the same time... kinda don't, just because what if it doesn't fit at all with the rest of the album 

video games GIF

Kinda really want Doin' Time on NFR, because I'd like to listen it on vinyl, but at the same time... kinda don't, just because what if it doesn't fit at all with the rest of the album 

I love Doin' Time, but I'd prefer for it to not end up on NFR. NFR, as for now, has 13 tracks and I want new tracks when it will be finally out. As much as I love the song, it's too «light» in tone compared to the rest of NFR. 

she's pregnant 

lol this made me very very quickly go check her instagram

video games GIF

she's pregnant 

and her insta saddie friends are mentoring her on how to create an instagram baby lifestyle brand to capitalize off it, and the hillsong visits are to establish a sense of community before her baby is baptized into the fold of Hillsong Jesus

it's just the way i feel