Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Discovering the tracklist would feel like breaking out of my reality where NFR will never see the light of day and ending up in an alternate reality where she’s super excited to promote it and it actually, ya know, comes out. Haruki Murakami 1Q84 teas. Lana done wrapped NFR up in an air chrysalis and it ain’t ever coming out.

for some reason I can't picture myself discovering the tracklist

Same. Like I can't imagine the tracklist being revealed or the cover or anything really. I also don't see this thread disappearing. I feel like in 3 years from now it'll still be active and we'll continue posting.

i actually like this idea! we should create a Twitter or an IG account dedicated to the cause and all follow the fuck out of it. we'd make a Best Of the most wise, and spot on posts about this mess of an era and tag ben, ed, polydor and ofc miss del rey. feature me off course, i say a lot of dumb shit but when it comes to this era i'm always right (or at least kinda)  :hooker:

Dunno if anyone else said they would but I'll step up and do the deed, send me good shit to post theydies

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Gonna promote my NFR timeline for a bit, it’s good to go back and have a look whenever you’re trying to remember what has been said, when things happened and stuff. Link is in my signature. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I just want to say I used to read every post on here carefully and intently, gleaning for some kind of sign. Now, with all the shitposts and diatribes, I find myself skimming through & skipping most of the essays. Not coming for anyone, but “things can change on a dime” teas

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Same. Like I can't imagine the tracklist being revealed or the cover or anything really. I also don't see this thread disappearing. I feel like in 3 years from now it'll still be active and we'll continue posting.

I also feel this way, that we’ll never see a track listing or any album art. It’s the 60th anniversary of ‘The Twilight Zone,’ which is where some of us no doubt feel we have been living throughout the life of this thread. It really does feel unreal and surrealistic, like something that’s never going to end, or like Sartre’s 1944 play ‘No Exit,’ where people find themselves entering a small office waiting room with a few other people already in it, but all then find there is no way out. Or Luis Bunuel’s similar film, 1962’s ‘The Exterminating Angel,’ in which a group of upper class guests attend a high society party only to find they inexplicably cannot bring themselves to leave, and then, just as inexplicably, begin to die.

I was annoyed in March when we didn’t get anything but I thought whatever I’ll chill cause I know by June we’ll probably have the album already.

HAHA!!

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

100 dollars to a newbie that doesn't say "sHe dOesN't oWe uS AnYThinG"

"I made this account to tell you you're a bunch of ungrateful whores :)"

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

It's simple. Lana cares about feminism to an extent, but not much. I feel like she hops on the bandwagon of whatever is trendy in today's society so she is deemed more 'mature', and to also be less criticized by the media. I have yet to see Lana make a deep hearted post about these abortion laws that are currently taking place in a country she so very much idolizes. Or any post about gun control. Or about sexual harassment/abuse.

Basically what Lana is doing in terms of activism is the equivalent to this:

jlaw_gayrights.w570.h570.jpg

This is also another reason why I hope she doesn't put any political songs on NFR. Politics isn't her strongest touch, and it ruins the song when you don't fully understand the things you're talking about.

I think woke!Lana is simply a result of that "chameleon soul" of hers. During the past few years, she's been hanging out with more progressive, socially aware people, including people of color. We know how it is with Lana, monkey see monkey do. If someone she likes is doing it, she'll do it too. Her "I'm a cool girltm who is too busy thinking about space and shit to care about human rights uwu pls pick me" shtick just wouldn't fly with these people. She doesn't care. She might come from a liberal background, but she's white and rich. She's so much safer than most women. She doesn't have to care, and if her environment didn't encourage her to act like she does, she wouldn't. It's easy to see that her heart just isn't in it. She'll go along with it...but deep down, it's like whatever.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

She deleted a post on instagram! what was it??????

It was the haiku about twilight. 

Yesterday, she tweeted the one that said "civic", deleted it, and tweeted one that says "civil". 

Then she deleted the same haiku from IG because that one also said "civic".

Silly sis getting words confused ...  :giggle:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It was the haiku about twilight. 

Yesterday, she tweeted the one that said "civic", deleted it, and tweeted one that says "civil". 

Then she deleted the same haiku from IG because that one also said "civic".

Silly sis getting words confused ...  :giggle:

Future Poet Laureate tbh