Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Also since she hadn’t waited and did what she had done - When we finally get some news after so many months it will be a “Well FINALLY” kind of excitement instead of releasing the first singles in May and feeling the new era hype with album [HOPEFULLY] in September. But nope... we get the album a whole year after the lead(s). That’s even if the album is coming in September, which I’m having a hard time convincing myself of.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

For the future, let’s all remember that the next album won’t be released 15 months after the one previous. And that she really is shit with estimating time to do things. Although Interscope will probably sit down with her and help her strategize a better pre-release era. And I just hope that when the damn era is finally starting that it will be on a short period of time between the lead and the album (with maybe another single between the two). We’ve waited long enough.

The true irony of this all is that the kind of image that Lana puts out of herself caters more to critics and the public's opinion of her than before. I don't know Lana personally, so I don't know if maybe she has just matured and is tired of portraying herself in a certain way, and I wouldn't blame her for that, but it does seem like she might be trying to play it safe to get the industry to take her seriously.

I think this is absolutely true. The media, which is dominated by the Left in America and most of Europe, didn't like the "feminism just isn't an interesting concept' remark, her Old School 50s look and debutante gowns, and her songs about feeling passionate for men, which the media interpreted as submissive, or as 'female submission.'

This was Kim Gordan's direct charge against LDR, and Gordan, though Gordan's era has passed, is still Alternative/Indie/Post-Punk royalty. Gordan's opinion carries definite weight in certain industry quarters. You might as well be criticized by Bob Dylan.

So LDR wrote 'God Bless America,' 'Change,' and 'When The World Was At War' and other political songs she didn't include on the album, publicly came out against Trump, publicly announced she was putting a witch's curse on him, commented positively on the Women's March in D.C., etc. I think she did all of that to appease the forces on the Left that were railing against her for several years, though she was raised as a Democrat, as most of New York State is. She sort of buckled under and compromised or worse. That's where the early fire went, to my way of thinking. She put it out herself.

And that's why I'm wary of the PC-ism that has crept into her lyrics and interviews. She's apparently become 'Woke LDR.'

I think this is absolutely true. The media, which is dominated by the Left in America and most of Europe, didn't like the "feminism just isn't an interesting concept' remark, her Old School 50s look and debutante gowns, and her songs about feeling passionate for men, which the media interpreted as submissive, or as 'female submission.' 

This was Kim Gordan's direct charge against LDR, and Gordan, though Gordan's sera has passed, is still Alternative/Indie/Post-Punk royalty. Gordan's opinion carries definite weight in certain industry quarters. You might as well be criticized by Bob Dylan. 

So LDR wrote 'God Bless America,' 'Change,' and 'When The World Was At War' and other political songs she didn't include on the album, publicly came out against Trump, publicly announced she was putting a witch's curse on him, commented positively on the Women's March in D.C., etc. I think she did all of that to appease the forces on the Left that were railing against her for several years, she she was raised as a Democrat, as most of New York State is. She sort of buckled under and compromised or worse. That's where the early fire went, to my way of thinking. She put it out herself. 

And that's why I'm wary of the PC-ism that has crept into her lyrics and interviews. She's apparently become 'Woke LDR.'

This is... such a weird complaint. She’s attending homophobic churches. I think being PC is the least of our problems with her right now.

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

This was Kim Gordan's direct charge against LDR, and Gordan, though Gordan's sera has passed, is still Alternative/Indie/Post-Punk royalty. Gordan's opinion carries definite weight in certain industry quarters. You might as well be criticized by Bob Dylan. 

So LDR wrote 'God Bless America,' 'Change,' and 'When The World Was At War' and other political songs she didn't include on the album, publicly came out against Trump, publicly announced she was putting a witch's curse on him, etc. I think she did all of that to appease the forces on the Left that were railing against her for several years, she she was raised as a Democrat, as most of New York State is. She sort of buckled under and compromised or worse. That's where the early fire went, to my way of thinking. She put it out herself. 

I feel like that's already over, though. 

Actually, I question if it ever really began.

I mean, take Florence Welch, for example. She's an advocate for LGBT rights and has also recently spoken out about the changes to the abortion laws in the US. She was also a vocal opponent of Brexit. If sis really was woke (or was, at least, trying to be seen as such) then why isn't she doing any of that (not Brexit, because she isn't British, but yeah)? Instead, she's regularly attending an evangelical megachurch which has sketchy af stances in regard to the aforementioned issues, and is making a deliberate effort to live superficially (insta baddie shit).

For me, it's not that she's changed into a woke person (or, a person who's not woke, but who is trying to be). It's that she's changed into someone who doesn't really stand for anything. Who has no clear identity, at least as an artist. Like, who the fuck is she now? I don't fucking know.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

This is... such a weird complaint. She’s attending homophobic churches. I think being PC is the least of our problems with her right now.

It's no a “weird complaint” if you read between the lines of my post--I don't believe her PC-ism is genuine. It's merely a calculated response and appeasement to Gordan, etc. Therefore, she is attending a church that isn't in line with contemporary PC-ism. She's confused. She doesn't know who she is or what she really stands for or believes in.

As I said, she’s stated that she was raised a Democrat, and probably remains one in good faith. Many, but not all, Democrats are also Liberals, so where she genuinely stands regarding Liberalism is a relative unknown.

Personally, I don’t think she’s a very political animal. Her public statements and interviews don’t really reflect a deep understanding of politics.

I haven’t disliked her political songs, but to the degree that they push her further into rigid PC-ism, I am against them. Nor do I want to see any virtue signaling.

It's simple. Lana cares about feminism to an extent, but not much. I feel like she hops on the bandwagon of whatever is trendy in today's society so she is deemed more 'mature', and to also be less criticized by the media. I have yet to see Lana make a deep hearted post about these abortion laws that are currently taking place in a country she so very much idolizes. Or any post about gun control. Or about sexual harassment/abuse.

Basically what Lana is doing in terms of activism is the equivalent to this:

jlaw_gayrights.w570.h570.jpg

This is also another reason why I hope she doesn't put any political songs on NFR. Politics isn't her strongest touch, and it ruins the song when you don't fully understand the things you're talking about.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think she cares but to an extent as well, although in my opinion I really believe her "opinion" comes from a true part of herself and it's not just a cover up or fit someones agenda. Yes she's ignorant in some matters but I think it's a situation where she just doesn't care to share her opinion on the matter or just doesn't want to (if that's wrong is up to everyones interpretention).

And I might be the only one, but I really like the political songs (minus Coachella), I don't know why people have major problems with them, it's not like she's making a bold statement or showing a controversial view, but maybe that might be the problem for some of you, in that case I would understand. Calling them "political songs" was a reach lmao.

WTWWAW still goes off tho :teehee: .

PS: Stop dragging LFL as a weak era, it was not as bad as everyone says it was  :ohno:  :deadbanana:  

8nl2OpX.png

I’m so upset that this is shaping up to be her absolute worst era when she’s gearing up to release some of the best music she’s ever made. I miss the days where she gave a fuck and really put her absolute all into everything she did. Like, how can this era be at all as satisfying for her career-wise as when she was making BTD, UV or HM? I get that she’s older and don’t get me wrong I’m living for her being happy and living her best life, but so far this has been so stupid and she’s essentially killed the hype for the album by posting SO MANY SNIPPETS and then dropping all mention of the record for months?

Anyway, Lana, please, goddess, prove me wrong and serve us your best era and best album ever,,, I can’t take this lol

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Rant incoming: I've been a hardcore stan since 2012, loved the vast majority of her output, defended her when she said questionable things about feminism and whatnot, and continuously supported her throughout these years. However, at this point I'm just really disappointed in her, and it has nothing to do with the quality of her music declining.

As an artist, she relies on her fans buying/streaming her music and spending their money on concert tickets and merchandise, otherwise she wouldn't be able to afford multiple houses and maintain the kind of expensive lifestyle she seems to enjoy. She announced that she would be releasing an album "at the top of the year" – well it's June now and there's no album, not even a release date, and we also never got any sort of explanation or update aside from an ambiguous statement on her personal Twitter account and some bitchy comments from one of her managers, leaving us all completely in the dark. And to make matters even worse, she actually managed to affiliate herself with an openly anti-LGBTQ, misogynistic megachurch despite being aware of her huge queer following. Isn't that a punch in the face?

Yes, delayed releases are somewhat common in the music industry. Yes, other artists make fauxpas too, surround themselves with the wrong people and say stupid shit every now and then. But for me at least, this ongoing ignorance, lack of communication, and overall just disrespectful behaviour towards the fans is quite unheard of, and I can't think of any other artists treating the people who made them big this way. It's true, of course, technically Lana doesn't owe us anything. But likewise, we don't owe her anything either. I've loved her music for years, and I still do and want to continue supporting her, but I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep doing that. 

Stream Gimme by Banks and pray to Yosemite.

Thank you for this. I agree 100% and this is exactly what I think and how I feel about this whole situation.

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

It's not if you read between the lines of my post--I don't believe her PC-ism is genuine. It's merely a calculated response and appeasement to Gordan, etc. Therefore, she is attending a church that isn't in line with contemporary PC-ism. She's confused. She doesn't know who she is or what she really stands for or believes in.

Honestly? I was kind of disheartened by her comments on feminism. To me, part of being a good person is caring about other people even if you don’t know them, and that includes her fellow women. I see this as a step forward, pretending to care about the plight of others is still better than being proud of not giving a damn.

Also, as a quick aside, Change doesn’t strike me as political. GBA isn’t a bad song and WTWWAWWKD delivers a message about ignoring war and suffering and the political climate and just going on about your pleasure and keeping on to hope, it’s strictly hedonistic and isn’t in anyway PC

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

Honestly? I was kind of disheartened by her comments on feminism. To me, part of being a good person is caring about other people even if you don’t know them, and that includes her fellow women. I see this as a step forward, pretending to care about the plight of others is still better than being proud of not giving a damn.

this. i'd like to point out 'PC' is a term largely used to undermine and invalidate people's care about others' justice and equality as if it's new, trendy and always disingenuous because it's "unnatural". there's nothing 'politically correct' about not being/not wanting to be a shit person 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

"I love promoting other people's music, it's great that I have all this free time to do it now that I'm not promoting mine uwu"

"promoting everyone but myself or Marina :hooker: "

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy