Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

yall... go outside. take  stroll. eat sum ice cream. your life doesnt have tp evolve around lana or NFR x

you can eat ice cream outside while typing...it's called multitasking hunny :lanahairflip: 

(one can also have multiple interests)

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Lana seems to run primarily on spite. Remember when the critics and general public were bashing her? She tried so hard to prove them wrong by releasing masterpieces one after the other. Now the critics have warmed up to her and most people adore her, so she’s doesn’t have a reason to give a fuck.

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

some of you really need to read more of this thread cos about 60% of the pages are us being stupid and actually having a lot of fun talking rather than talking about NFR 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

It doesn’t let me quote LanaFlowers but good sis you are so on point. This is the shit I was talking about at the beginning of this era but even with L4L I already had the feeling she wasn’t the Lana we knew anymore. She doesn’t care because she isn’t trying to make it anymore. Very sad, disappointing & honestly quite heartbreaking for those of us who have loved her for so long. I’m not mad about her changing, I accept it although it’s sad but what’s upsetting is the way she’s treating the people who literally make it possible with our love & support for her to continue making her art. I’m over it at this point because it’s been a while now & I’ve gotten used to this new person she is or, maybe, this was her all along & she’s just now showing it. With an era like this, what more can we expect for the future? Remind yourself it’s not about the wait or wanting to take a break, it’s about the kind of treatment she’s giving us, I’m sorry but the teasing is becoming mockery at this point. She could’ve been happily living her life without dangling new snippets at our noses in a “oop just kidding” manner. Just sad is all. And I don’t want to hear she doesn’t owe us anything just shut up u little slimy worms let me and my gurls n gays be sad. This too shall pass

this is so well written. you always have the best replies. i definitely don't think this is her personality though. she just looks so lifeless and it gives me second-hand depression looking at her ig posts. she is drinking all these teas and laughing with her best baddies and it looks so fake and it hurts because it feels like she isn't happy. i obviously cant know but thats how i feel when i see it. and sadly i dont think its going away. i dont know whats gonna happen to her. 

THIS! rt X1000000. after delivering 4 gorgeous albums, each one telling a story, maybe she just doesn't have anything to say anymore. it's like she had what she wanted and did what she had to do. that spark she and us felt during her early days is gone because singing and making music just isn't special to her anymore, it's like it's all been done before to her. you could see how passionate she was during BTD and Paradise era, this mix of excitation and fear in her eyes is just.... gone. i think we should just accept that this Lana is just not alive anymore, and that maybe she just wants to live a normal life now, maybe start a family. i mean she's in her thirties, it wouldn't surprise me.

and i think i'd rather see her quiting than delivering forced and dull pieces. what is she gonna lose anyways? she had her impact on the music industry, her glory days and one of the most successful and iconic album of all time. she shaped herself, she had her own persona, and her own world. she's settled down now. it hurts to say it but it wouldn't surprise me if she announces her retirement after the NFR release, and honeslty, it would be better for everyone.

the lies, unprofessionalism and mediocrity of this era.. we don't deserve it, and she doesn't as well. if she wanted to quit, she should just say it instead of ruining what's left of her career the way she's doing. if i was her i would want to end her story in a beautiful and touching way.

not feeding her decline with matcha and soccer moms.

cuz sure, people are gonna praise her debut and honor the iconic american gangsta lolita she was, but in the back of their head, the messy lazy hillsong baddie is going to ruin the picture ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(ps: you both are so right and i love when you post so much)

you too, you always write great stuff and this is just absolutely what has been on my mind for months, since lfl. i want her to have a good ending so much but with lust for life and now this, its gonna take something groundbreakingly amazing and im too tired to see another album through 

ugh im just feeling so heartbroken

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

some of you really need to read more of this thread cos about 60% of the pages are us being stupid and actually having a lot of fun talking rather than talking about NFR 

Honestly, if Elle gave warning points for every off-topic post there'd be about 50 of us with 175+ warning points each

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Cycles of life seem to follow the all important number 7. In the Bible it was seven good years followed by the seven lean years. Every approximately 7 years in someone's life or even a groups life there is a change into another direction. One example is the Beatles first single charted in October 1962. They released Abbey Road at the end of September 1969 and broke up. Time line of about 7 years. Lana's breakthrough Born To Die came out in January of 2012. Well we're in 2019. 7 years. There's going to be some kind of change.

i feel like she’s caught up musically to where she is in life, so what more can she write about yknow? her poems and lyrics from this era are clearly reflective of her present, so was lfl. but also like she has hundreds of unreleased songs that she could easily pick a few to re-record/give a new production to, but god knows if she did that there would still be people like us complaining that we need NEW content, a NEW masterpiece to cry ourselves to sleep to. pressure from her label, pressure from her “adoring” fans (that only adore her when she does exactly what they want, right down to her goddamn acrylic nails and hair length like jesus y’all...) it’s no wonder she might be feeling a little burnt out or reluctant to release something and draw attention to herself. i’m sure being in the industry she is it’s hard to find real friends too, so she might be feeling lonely or like no one understands. which might be why we’ve seen her try to disappear in public. she’s trying to act like she’s not famous cuz maybe she’ll find more genuine friends that way? idk i’m v tired and sorry for rambling but like i don’t blame her for being tired if she is. i’m not excusing the lack of communication and constant lies but i can understand how trapped she might feel. how “real” is life when you’re famous and everyone tries to attach themselves to you for their own personal gain? and when people expect you to be someone that you’ve moved on from? that i’ve been dying for something real, hello it’s the most famous woman you know on the ipad, etc

edit: also forgot to say like yeah she has HUNDREDS of unreleased songs of varying topics... so like she’s pretty much covered everything. WE might be thinking, ugh when will she give us *insert expectations based on any of her past personas/interests/etc* or the gp is thinking lana del ray summertime sadness tumblr sad girl give us another album that we may or may not like! but she’s thinking, ugh, i’ve already sung about everything i’m passionate about, i don’t know what more i can do without repeating myself at this point (which would also make me feel not very authentic) or pretending to be someone i’ve moved on from for other people and having to deal with fans projecting their emotional traumas onto me/my music at concerts and when they see me on the street which is really emotionally exhausting...

anyways i still want a christmas album

UbsOye5.png

How incredibly dense do you have to be to come here and post that Lana should retire, especially after those 3 superb singles she's released in the past year? 

It's not Lana who should retire. It's her shallow, so called fans who put visuals, the way she dresses and styles her hair and nails and other irrelevant bullshit above actual music. They are the ones who should retire.

The music is the only thing that matters. Everything else is a bonus/irrelevant. 

How incredibly dense do you have to be to come here and post that Lana should retire, especially after those 3 superb singles she's released in the past year? 

It's not Lana who should retire. It's her shallow, so called fans who put visuals, the way she dresses and styles her hair and nails and other irrelevant bullshit above actual music. They are the ones who should retire.

The music is the only thing that matters. Everything else is a bonus/irrelevant. 

:hide:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i took y'all's advice and went outside. i just kept walking with the endless summer sun beating on the back of my neck.  sometimes i swear i could hear the sound of piano chords being hit in the distance... a faint melody... the smell of PBR and sweat.  it seemed the day lasted for years before the sun began to set.  as i was passing under a bridge, a group of bums were gathered by a small trash can fire.  they were burning copies of Vogue Italia June 2019 for warmth even though it was sweltering.  i was sweating so profusely that i became delirious........ a screeching sound... a car pulls up as my eyes begin to flutter closed. a- a. white.. mustang.

next thing i knew, i was strapped in front of a computer with internet access but all websites were blacklisted except for Lanaboards. I'm here again.  the album still isn't out.  my eyes are held open with those shitty coke spoon necklaces Lana used to sell as merch. i'm praying they break from poor quality soon so i can blink and shut out this horrible computer screen.  idk who my captors are because they always wear masks when they come in to force feed me white bread and matcha, but one of them has long blond hair and these weird fitting jeans that are ripped in the front.  i swear she may have had bunny ears also, idk, maybe that was part of the mask.

i tried to go outside.  this is my story.  you dont wanna be like me, you dont wanna see all the things i've seen .... im dying............ dying :judgingu:  :scream:

:hide:

but.... where is the music. key point here

i don't think anyone suggested she should retire without actually having given thought to the fact she may not be into her own career anymore? 

i think suggesting she should retire if she seemed passionate about her own music is entirely different from the seeming apathy and lack of commitment we've had from her and before anyone says "you feel owed." no....... i personally don't feel owed anything, in fact i'm not even that invested anymore, for those who are however i expect transparency. that's literally all it is and i think it's the same for many on here. 

isn't hard to just be honest. she's disappointing everyone far more with her delays and evasiveness and i know full well she doesn't care about that, which is fine but WE'VE FUNDED HER AND HAVE SUPPORTED HER

ok "she loves her album." that's great. but this was also back in december and it doesn't explain why she hasn't released it and has deleted or ignored questions about it when she's fully able to release it and those are the questions she's getting asked, many of them politely and with a lot of enthusiasm. she also stopped talking about it for an extended amount of time and the first single was released almost a year ago. i wouldn't be here if i didn't love lana's music but this era promotionally is a vague goddamn mess and i say that as someone who loves clunky music videos and stripped down sound without a particularly huge budget spent 

It doesn’t let me quote LanaFlowers but good sis you are so on point. This is the shit I was talking about at the beginning of this era but even with L4L I already had the feeling she wasn’t the Lana we knew anymore. She doesn’t care because she isn’t trying to make it anymore. Very sad, disappointing & honestly quite heartbreaking for those of us who have loved her for so long. I’m not mad about her changing, I accept it although it’s sad but what’s upsetting is the way she’s treating the people who literally make it possible with our love & support for her to continue making her art. I’m over it at this point because it’s been a while now & I’ve gotten used to this new person she is or, maybe, this was her all along & she’s just now showing it. With an era like this, what more can we expect for the future? Remind yourself it’s not about the wait or wanting to take a break, it’s about the kind of treatment she’s giving us, I’m sorry but the teasing is becoming mockery at this point. She could’ve been happily living her life without dangling new snippets at our noses in a “oop just kidding” manner. Just sad is all. And I don’t want to hear she doesn’t owe us anything just shut up u little slimy worms let me and my gurls n gays be sad. This too shall pass

The BRD/P LDR was one Lana (or Lana persona), the UV & HM LDR another Lana, and the LFL LDR still another. Who knows whether the NFR LDR will be yet another. I think it will be.

this is so well written. you always have the best replies. i definitely don't think this is her personality though. she just looks so lifeless and it gives me second-hand depression looking at her ig posts. she is drinking all these teas and laughing with her best baddies and it looks so fake and it hurts because it feels like she isn't happy. i obviously cant know but thats how i feel when i see it. and sadly i dont think its going away. i dont know whats gonna happen to her. ugh im just feeling so heartbroken

Thank you darling, I appreciate it. It makes me feel a lot better to know I’m not alone with these thoughts, this is why I love coming on here. Some of you are very special to me & you don’t even know it

my ig is my LB username :wink:

Say less :hooker:

I don’t know how warning points work and I don’t want to get any so I’m just going to kill myself

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

maybe we're saying she should retire because...idk....the shitty way she's been handling the NFR promo and basically treating her career like it's a joke

If her heart isn't in this, and she wants move on to other things, she should just tell people that and stop stringing along her fans

Can we drop the “She was deleting comments” bullshit already? Literally the next day all your bullshit comments whining about nfr and whining about her deleting comments were there again. Even that one user who claimed she deleted the polite post and kept the rude one, both were there the next day. We confirmed it was a glitch ages ago. Now let’s drop it and find a more realistic conspiracy theory. Are you guys really too lazy to go back and check? This is exhausting. We shouldn’t have to cover this 100 times.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

i cri, no one here gives a shit about her nails. 

i would be torn if there was no new music but if lana isn't happy releasing music i would want her to retire. and a lot of people feel the same. we care about lana. she frustrates us and we get sick and tired of her shit but saying that we are "dense...shallow, so called fans" is just dumb. the people in this thread are incredibly passionate supporters of lana and have been for years and to call into question whether they are actually supporters and fans or not is silly. sum of y'all act real sanctimonious on here.  :smokes:

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189