Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Now I lay me down to sleep :noir:  I pray the Lord :pray2: my soul to keep :xcry:  If I shall die :rip:  before I wake :legend: I pray the Lord :pray2: , my soul to take :illumilana:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

https://twitter.com/NrmnFckngRckwII/status/1149005075236446209?s=19

Could this emoji mean Lana is releasing something this week? It's that guy who said he had information about NFR

yes that emoji 100% confirms lead single this week, with preorder, tracklist, cover art, world tour, TV shows, interviews, poetry book, clothing line 

yes that emoji 100% confirms lead single this week, with preorder, tracklist, cover art, world tour, TV shows, interviews, poetry book, clothing line

Don’t forget the new Eau De Parfum .

giphy.gif

Mr. S?

I thought the witching hour was 3 am guhrl lolll

Mr. S is the most reliable source I've heard of. He's leaked info about collab with Ari and Miley and a lot of stuff about Tay, Katy etc.

giphy.gif

Idk, he said he couldn't tell anything because his friend is not okay with that, and this emoji doesn't have a mouth and is often used when you know something but can't reveal it

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Why would she give a fuck about sales and if she's flopping or not. She already made her mark, she already had her impact, she already made her money and she'll always have that strong fanbase who will buy tickets to her shows. She's at a point where she can just do whatever, and that's exactly what she's doing.

Yup. And that's such a turn off for me. I can tell now that this was the plan all along... That's why she didn't seem to mind being an one hit wonder with Born To Die, because it was more than a commercial success she could live off for years while fading into complete obscurity like hundreds of artists before her. Born To Die made such an impact that she became iconic almost overnight. She could have gone on to join a nunnery right after Tropico, and she would still remain an icon; the Queen of Sadcore, patron saint of 2012 tumblr girls & gays with daddy issues. We'd have "What Happened to Lana Del Rey" articles every year, at the very least. Even if she disappeared, she'd stay a mystery; the interest would still be there. Born To Die wasn't a beginning, it was a culmination. It wasn't a ticket to fame -it was a ticket to complacency. A ticket to not have to try anymore.

Don't forget that she did work hard for several years before that. She kept trying for years, working on her music and recording even when nothing seemed to be happening for her. But as soon as she could give up, she did. It's shocking that we're talking about someone who's only been famous for a little more than 5 years, and isn't even 35 yet. She acts like a burnt out, middle aged has-been whose last hit was in 2005, so she can stay chilling for few years until her label forces her to crawl out of the woodwork & shape up for the 20 year anniversary tour (gotta get that balding stan coin). It's sad, that this was what she was going for.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Anstyways the vinyl will be GREEN

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

this decline in active promotion or mentions of the album make me believe this is her last one. 

If this is how she'll be treating her albums from now on...she can retire.

Yup. And that's such a turn off for me. I can tell now that this was the plan all along... That's why she didn't seem to mind being an one hit wonder with Born To Die, because it was more than a commercial success she could live off for years while fading into complete obscurity like hundreds of artists before her. Born To Die made such an impact that she became iconic almost overnight. She could have gone on to join a nunnery right after Tropico, and she would still remain an icon; the Queen of Sadcore, patron saint of 2012 tumblr girls & gays with daddy issues. We'd have "What Happened to Lana Del Rey" articles every year, at the very least. Even if she disappeared, she'd stay a mystery; the interest would still be there. Born To Die wasn't a beginning, it was a culmination. It wasn't a ticket to fame -it was a ticket to complacency. A ticket to not have to try anymore.

Don't forget that she did work hard for several years before that. She kept trying for years, working on her music and recording even when nothing seemed to be happening for her. But as soon as she could give up, she did. It's shocking that we're talking about someone who's only been famous for a little more than 5 years, and isn't even 35 yet. She acts like a burnt out, middle aged has-been whose last hit was in 2005, so she can stay chilling for few years until her label forces her to crawl out of the woodwork & shape up for the 20 year anniversary tour (gotta get that balding stan coin). It's sad, that this was what she was going for.

this really speaks to me, i just reallyyy like this

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I just cant wait for August and September to come and go with no album bc THIS time none of yall fuckers can say “she doesnt owe us anything”. She literally said “two months” on her own accord. No one held a gun to her head. If the album doesnt come by October, then she truly DOES owe us an explanation.....

Now that being said, I am getting strong July 17th vibes for the album cover reveal. 17th or 19th ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I agree with everyone that the wait is annoying. But there might be things most of us aren't privy too.

For instance, we were all screaming for the album and then found out a massive collaboration with Miley and Ariana was a thing. So I'm sure that factors in to when they release albums, singles, etc. It probably applies to Miley right now too.

I know right? If only there was a way to tell your fans you're working on exciting new projects that are keeping you busy... :um2:  Living in the middle ages is so hard :aw:

I know right? If only there was a way to tell your fans you're working on exciting new projects that are keeping you busy... :um2:  Living in the middle ages is so hard :aw:

Haha. She definitely at the very least could have more communication with her fans.

Sadly, ill scream I'll unstan, and I never will. 

Now that being said, I am getting strong July 17th vibes for the album cover reveal. 17th or 19th ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

idk now.. i was set on july info but now knowing its not coming in august i feel like pre order if anything wouldnt be till mid august.

i mean she can post the cover anytime but this era is so full of unexpected clownery i wouldnt be surprised if the first time we see the cover is pre-order

There’s no al boom :lmao:

There never was! It was all a publicity stunt powered by Norman Rockwell’s family to make a coin of his last remaining pieces that were for sale

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass