Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I hope she releases one of the two tracks tomorrow, the second track with the double music video around the 16th, and then we'll all be satisfied until the album.

The greatest better drop tomorrow

Her face on the album cover reminded me of that 2017 Paris Match photoshoot so MUCH

169d9482dcf8766b8585fb0acc516bce-720x890

Lana-Del-Rey.jpg

Thanx for this reference! I honestly wanted her to work with the photographer behind the Paris Match photoshoot because it fits the aesthetic and mood of NFR, and I think Chuck actually did a good job at capturing what the photographer for this shoot did. I also wanted a man with her on the cover, but for him to be turned away so she’s the focus, and god damn dreams actually come true. This honestly made my day and I can’t get over it. lmao Sorry, for my enthusiasm guys. The rollout was shitty, but I’m just taking in the positive at this point.

you know when i hear this baby in its entirety i will most likely be overcome with emotion. messy era, 80% of it already heard, dislike of doin' time and disappointing album cover aside  :um:

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

The Norman Fucking Rockwell hit single 'Doin' Time' is now the NUMBER ONE SONG on Triple A Radio

Taste won! Certain people in this thread can't relate...

Me @ those certain people who keep hating on Doin' Time:

yijihn9stod31.jpg

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

There is literally nothing to hate about this cover. It’s instantly iconic, and I could see it as a poster decades from now like many of the abstract or campy album covers from the 60s and 70s.

And it fits so well thematically for me. As I said earlier, the land is burning in the background, she’s fleeing, and inviting us to come along with her. Think about the MAC lyrics. I’m fascinated by how the title track lyrics and the concept of the male ego will play in.

I love the painted sky and the pop art approach as well. I would like it even more if the typed parts were stickers.

Ugh I actually really like the cover with the oil paint and the fire in the background, along with Lana and the guy. But the NFR and LDR logo is so ugly that it's almost camp. But whatever I'm still satisfied. I can't wait to finally listen to this thing. I have faith that it will at least be better than LFL.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I'm actually shocked at how god awful the cover is. (And surprised at all the positive reactions!) I really, really hate that there is some ugly dude on it. I like that she's trying new things, though! At this point I just want to hear the damn album so whatever @ the cover. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

There is literally nothing to hate about this cover. It’s instantly iconic, and I could see it as a poster decades from now like many of the abstract or campy album covers from the 60s and 70s.

And it fits so well thematically for me. As I said earlier, the land is burning in the background, she’s fleeing, and inviting us to come along with her. Think about the MAC lyrics. I’m fascinated by how the title track lyrics and the concept of the male ego will play in.

You can't deny that putting that guy on the cover was a questionable choice

Like I'm not gonna complain because it's whatever

But it's understandable if some are upset

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... I guess this is the "no boy on her side" version of the cover many people are asking for. You, genius!

a strong independent hillsong-going woman who don't need no man  :hooker:

it's just the way i feel

Ugh I actually really like the cover with the oil paint and the fire in the background, along with Lana and the guy. But the NFR and LDR logo is so ugly that it's almost camp. But whatever I'm still satisfied. I can't wait to finally listen to this thing. I have faith that it will at least be better than LFL.

agree, these comic book font logos were too much, i mean they dont ruin the cover but still

giphy.gif

i think we could have every single one of those concepts and still have a cover that was better shot and conducted by someone more professional and talented than chuck. that's my only argument at this point

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live