Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

imagine if Yosemite was on the tracklist instead of Doin' Time

https://youtu.be/XPHcpwrjDdk

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

All of you who hate Doin' Time must be a hit at parties. Not. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Ib477Ep.png

If you want it super size I can do that for ya

If you want it double fries I can do that for ya

If you want a cola I can make it colder

If you want a baddie, uh, nobody’s bolder

And if you want the queen of McD’s then you better call me, me

not an NFR song but I couldn’t resist :creep:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

im LOVING the new trailer!! Love the visuals. Not so sure how i feel about the man child song but i wont say nothing till it comes out, hope we get a lot more Queen of the Gas Station-esque bopz 

let's play a game. what score do we predict from Anthony Fantano (aka melon), who has famously slated Lana in the past but has warmed to her recently.

I don't expect a 9 or 10 or less than 5 so I predict 8

I’m also expecting an 8, but he could give it a 7 if things aren’t as great due to the lyrics or he doesn’t vibe with the production on all of the songs. But honestly, I think he’ll give this an even better review than LFL overall. He liked Change and she did say the album was in the same vein as that song, and he did really like MAC. I know people think he’s “trash” and whatnot, but I like his videos. I don’t mind watching people who I disagree with and it’s entertaining seeing him warm up to her music.

As long as they don't touch that bridge, i'm fine with them doing whatever they want to the song.

this...the bridge is the best part of the song

let's play a game. what score do we predict from Anthony Fantano (aka melon), who has famously slated Lana in the past but has warmed to her recently.

I don't expect a 9 or 10 or less than 5 so I predict 8

I say 6.5. He may have warmed up to her, but I see him trashing songs like Cinnamon Girl and Happiness is a Butterfly

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lana’s next album should be called ‘Mother Fucking Teresa’ about women who think they’re angels but are really horrible underneath it all.

The album cover would be her on the side of a boat drowning a bitch

Luved the idea, the bitch she's drowning could be Lorde or one of her asshole fans that think she's better than Godlana

I didn't really expect that BAR would get an official release. I really thought the song is dead and long forgotten.

Does this means we still can have hope on a Life Is Beautiful release?  :smile2:  :eek:  :shh:  :judgingu3:

original.gif

I predict Fantano will give the album a 7. I cant see it being a lower score than LFL which got a 6 but he has said he's pretty much indifferent towards Doin Time, Venice Bitch and Hope. He only really enjoyed MAC.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

I am really impatient to have the album on 30th in Rome or Milano

and then flying back to Serbia

So happy ex Architecture is on the album!

Also I do not know any snippets so all songs will be new to me

I’m sure someone already brought this up, but I haven’t seen it so I’m interested: the iTunes main page always has that slideshow of music advertisements, right? There is one for NFR and it mentions a preorder AND a new single, but the only 4 songs you can listen to are the ones we’ve had for months. Probs indicative of a new song next week?

I don't think there's mockery. I'd say she's giving the album a "poetic aesthetic". Capital letters are for names and important words/groups of words: Norman (fucking) Rockwell, Cinnamon Girl (could be seen as a pseudonym), The Next Best American Record (It's a big thing, it's not just a random American record, it's THE American record). Not counting MAC, VB and DT because they're in lowercase on the official album tracklist. The rest of the songs start with a capital letter but then continue in lowercase, as if it was a poetry line or a poem title: Happiness is a butterfly, Mariners apartment complex, How to disappear. HIADT also has its own particularity because it's all in lowercase, indicating she's probably taking the title out of a full sentence that doesn't start by the title.

You're clever

I’m sure someone already brought this up, but I haven’t seen it so I’m interested: the iTunes main page always has that slideshow of music advertisements, right? There is one for NFR and it mentions a preorder AND a new single, but the only 4 songs you can listen to are the ones we’ve had for months. Probs indicative of a new song next week?

In my ideal scenario, we'll get Fuck It I Love You on the 9th, a tease of the music video the 16th, and then The Greatest alongside the double music video the 23rd.

yesssss! (:

Philly or close to it? I'm going to the Marina, Melanie, and King Princess shows in Philly!

giphy.gif

NFR is coming into this world to join the royal family and is going to be a beautiful sister of UV and HM, the marvellous children who were born by queen BtD. Paradise is their fairy godmother and A.K.A is a great edgy aunt. LFL is an ugly handmaid