Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

okay, i'm back from the dead because everything that happened today was sooooo crazy!

i LOVED the album trailer, it's sooooo beautiful. she's serving us intergalactic possibilities and 60s beach baby vibes. i'm glad she finally got a budget! i LOVE the album cover too, it's something different and it's refreshing. i do have a pet peeve with the tracklist. it seems so out of order for what i imagine, but i know it will make sense when we finally hear the full album! 

also, does it bother anyone else that the iTunes cover doesn't fit the whole square and there's this random blakc line on the left side? :toofunny:

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I could be completely misremembering but did Miss Grant mention something along the lines of having a couple songs written before starting production with Jak? Wikipedia says HIAB and Bartender (along with TNBAR but wbk) were written with Daddy Nowels. Could those two be the ones she was referring to? I have a feeling this has probably been discussed already as HIAB was the first song from the album she teased on insta but still. Food for thot

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I could be completely misremembering but did Miss Grant mention something along the lines of having a couple songs written before starting production with Jak? Wikipedia says HIAB and Bartender (along with TNBAR but wbk) were written with Daddy Nowels. Could those two be the ones she was referring to? I have a feeling this has probably been discussed already as HIAB was the first song from the album she teased on insta but still. Food for thot

She teased HIAB for the first time March 30 2018 on Instagram , I think it’s one of the first songs she recorded but idk if she was already working with jack that early

She teased HIAB for the first time March 30 2018 on Instagram , I think it’s one of the first songs she recorded but idk if she was already working with jack that early

She started working with Jack in January

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

both Jack and Rick are credited as composers on HIAB

giphy.gif

I think that TNBAR and Bartender might have been composed by Rick but produced by Jack. For HIAB, Rick and Lana probably started the song together and Jack finished composing it and produced it too

~?~

let's play a game. what score do we predict from Anthony Fantano (aka melon), who has famously slated Lana in the past but has warmed to her recently.

I don't expect a 9 or 10 or less than 5 so I predict 8

let's play a game. what score do we predict from Anthony Fantano (aka melon), who has famously slated Lana in the past but has warmed to her recently.

A 7. Straigh white women have a max. Score of 7 on that channel unless your name is fiona apple or Björk. Unless there was an exception to that at some point in the last year when i stopped watching

He always gives our girl the worst reviews, but he seemed to like VB and didn’t think Hope was bad, I think if she can pull through with great production across the album like VB has then a 7 or 8. I think he’s digging her approach to lyricism this time round

watch him give her a 1 or some shit lmfao....

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Holy hell you seriously waste no time on this thread still being rude and

annoying

that's exactly what you're doing by calling someone ugly though. you see what i did?

:flutter:

Oh also he‘s gonna go on and on and on about production and only talk about doin‘ time being a cover and jack and wont acknowledge lana‘s work on it whatsoever

I think that TNBAR and Bartender might have been composed by Rick but produced by Jack. For HIAB, Rick and Lana probably started the song together and Jack finished composing it and produced it too

i might be wrong but doesn't itunes credit as "composed by" all the people who participated in creating the song in terms of lyrics, melody, production?

he's so biased when it comes to lana, especially when he gave UV a 2!!! that means we'll never guess his rating but i think it will be around what he gave LFL - 6-8

Oh also he‘s gonna go on and on and on about production and only talk about doin‘ time being a cover and jack and wont acknowledge lana‘s work on it whatsoever

T

giphy.gif

i might be wrong but doesn't itunes credit as "composed by" all the people who participated in creating the song in terms of lyrics, melody, production?

I have no idea but for me, "composed by" is the melody, eventually the lyrics

And "written by" would be melody + lyrics

~?~

I have no idea but for me, "composed by" is the melody, eventually the lyrics

And "written by" would be melody + lyrics

unfortunately itunes shows just the "composed by" section and when i look it up, it usually shows both people responsible for lyrics and those for the music, not only for lana but for many artists

giphy.gif

Muscle Beach Baby does not do it for me but he'd be handy to have around for moving furniture 'n' shit

He's still an improvement over the blandest white guy on earth on the cover :/

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png