Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Personal/sorta off-topic-ish, but I just realized that Aug. 30th is exactly one year since this dude I was head over heels for dumped me out of nowhere. MAC was SO comforting to me and helped me through that time. I had that ish on repeat for weeks. And now here we are a year later getting the entire album...her mind. Dis bitch really always coming through and being there for us at the most perfect times, huh?!

Anyways - to fit with the campy aesthetic, what if as part of merch she sold like an Insta Baddies essentials kit sort of thing? Neon fake nails like the cover’s + gummy bears (“gummybear hair care”), NFR themed pajama/lounge shorts, a set of fake lashes shaped like the extensions she used to get. idk, I love unconventional merch like Ariana’s BUWYGIB candy hearts, etc.

I didn't realized that yesterday, but you're right. Same thing happened to me last year and what kinda helped me go through and not get deeper and deeper til it became depression was Venice Bitch.

The bastard dumped me a few days before I got my vacation, and at the time we were together I was planning to spend a few days on the beach together during vacation, me and him.

When he dumped me to go back with his ex-bf (today his fiancée) I felt like complete trash and literally just wanted to die.

Then VB was released and it made me feel a bit of happiness through all the darkness I was in.

I can say that Lana helped me in so many ways, actually she just might saved my life cause I was having some suicidal thoughts bc it was just unthinkabke to not have him by my side and his love and I felt real pain without him. It took me almost nine months to forget/get over him, and today I have a beautiful bf that makes me happier than that idiot ever made.

Thank U Lana, you're truly an angel and I'll be forever grateful to you.

original.gif

that's exactly what you're doing by calling someone ugly though. you see what i did?

:flutter:

It's entirely different to call someone ugly who will probably never see it on an online forum, than it is to literally @ a person on a forum and say the same directly to them... 

This argument has been had before when the White Mustang video came out and it turned out TERRIBLY

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

I thought “Doin Time” wasn’t going to be on the album lol. Also don’t get me wrong. I love BAR, but that space could have been used for a new song that we’ve never heard befor or even knew about. Same for Doin Time.

I thought “Doin Time” wasn’t going to be on the album lol. Also don’t get me wrong. I love BAR, but that space could have been used for a new song that we’ve never heard befor or even knew about. Same for Doin Time.

TNBAR is going to have new lyrics, so it's kind of like a new song

giphy.gif

Well she initially had 11 tracks for the album, then she said there are 13(so I suppose she had included BAR) and now 14 with Doin time so I don't think we would have more original songs, just less

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Well she initially had 11 tracks for the album, then she said there are 13(so I suppose she had included BAR) and now 14 with Doin time so I don't think we would have more original songs, just less

I think TNBAR was there since the beginning. One of the songs she added is HTD because she announced 11 tracks in September and was working on HTD in October, and then announced 13 tracks in December or January, I don't remember. Maybe the other one is Cinnamon Girl since she teased it around the same time as HTD

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think TNBAR was there since the beginning. One of the songs she added is HTD because she announced 11 tracks in September and was working on HTD in October, and then announced 13 tracks in December or January, I don't remember. Maybe the other one is Cinnamon Girl since she teased it around the same time as HTD

Yeah point is that i doubt we would get more original songs

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

It's entirely different to call someone ugly who will probably never see it on an online forum, than it is to literally @ a person on a forum and say the same directly to them... 

This argument has been had before when the White Mustang video came out and it turned out TERRIBLY

You're still calling somebody ugly though, so don't be afraid and cry victim if someone claps back at you with the same kind of shxt. It's perspective right? Whether you say something to someone directly or without them knowing it still doesn't take away from the fact it's rude.

I was so close to buying the exclusive blue vinyl (since they sell it at JB Hifi in Australia) but im so picky with vinyls i just dont know. i might prefer black

I had the same doubt, but in the end I bought the blue one. I thought it was something limited that I could not buy in the future and something special

Wait do we know what colour the CD is yet :O

Don't think so. We probably won't until people get hold of the physicals - it'll probably just have some cute image or the picture of the sea from her store on it. Either that or just the artwork.

Why do we care that much if she gets a #1 or not?? It doesn’t mean anything. If she released NFR 2 weeks earlier she would’ve had a number 1, but now she’s probably gonna get a #2 or even #3, but she’d still sell the same amount of copies. I don’t get how one’s a greater achievement when she would sell the exact same amount either way.

Also BTD was a #2 album and it’s still charting, and sold 500k copies in the US this year alone, 7 years after its release. It’s the second longest charting album by any female artist, and the longest charting debut by any female artist. It’s her most successfull album, and it never reached #1. That #1 spot doesn’t mean anything.

qfrWuBl.png

Tool put all their music on streaming services... a nightmare... literally a nightmare

wellitsover.jpeg

who

giphy.gif

Why do we care that much if she gets a #1 or not?? It doesn’t mean anything. If she released NFR 2 weeks earlier she would’ve had a number 1, but now she’s probably gonna get a #2 or even #3, but she’d still sell the same amount of copies. I don’t get how one’s a greater achievement when she would sell the exact same amount either way.

Also BTD was a #2 album and it’s still charting, and sold 500k copies in the US this year alone, 7 years after its release. It’s the second longest charting album by any female artist, and the longest charting debut by any female artist. It’s her most successfull album, and it never reached #1. That #1 spot doesn’t mean anything.

This is the new „what color is the vinyl“ discussion until billboard releases the chart that week. Have fun repeating the same thing until then.