Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The greatest is out on google play music

ah, a lēak

is it good? i'm waiting for the album to come out and then i'll wait until i remember that it's out to listen to it

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Also "Norman fucking Rockwell" is in reference to an artist who thinks they are the shit but is kinda an asshole. Making reference to people like Kanye fits so well with the theme of the album

All of these songs from NFR make me feel like I'm by the ocean, and that's my favorite place to be. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I don't think Lana is a racist, or that her critique of Kanye has anything to do with his race, but I can't with someone here really pulling the "she has lots of black friends!" card.  :toofunny:  

Anyways, the song wrecked me. I was expecting some simple love-lost shit, not some heart-wrenching decree about the hollowness she feels in today's world and in her life...

She may have fucked around for a year, but she is really about to come through with her best record...

Something always happens when I am in the lab, I'm gonna go back in and maybe when I come out again the new songs will be here.

I was in the lab for 3 hours and I come out to songs! Bitch! The psychic jumped out!

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

It’s got to that and it’s got to be his skin tone/race.

I don't find racist connotations in The Greatest. But, no place to doubt, talking about him in the song explicitly after the feud they had on Instagram (or her comment, better said, there was truly no feud), and being the lyrics on Hope the ones she chose ("shaking my ass was the only thing that's got this black narcissist of my back"), the whole topic is quite conflictive right now, and it's perfectly legit for people to be confused about it. As none of us are, I'm not inside Lana's head to know what she wanted or not to say, and I haven't seen clearly racist issues on her work till now, but she should have know that the critics on this topic would come (and I'm actually glad that people are fighting any potentially racist expression on art, even if that comes to Lana too).

I was in the lab for 3 hours and I come out to songs! Bitch! The psychic jumped out!

Your mind!!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.