Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I can't believe I've been dragging Lana's writing skills this whole era just for her to throw The Greatest right at my face. I'm a clown and I hope she forgives me 

250524273015202.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

One thing that annoyed me about Jack's production on Melodrama was the extended outros but I really love the piano at the end of this song  :flutter:

Racism is so insidiously normalized that people don't always realize when they're being racist and everyone has to make an effort to 'unlearn' it all. And if anyone is gonna be Subconsciously Racist, you bet it's the pretty rich white girl who grew up ignorant of social issues lmao. All your favorites are probluhmahtic, you're gonna have to burn all your shit.

You made some excellent points.

Lust for Life was basically intended to be messy, it was everything that Lana is/has been/wants to become all in one album. It was a full circle moment. It shown her intelectual side about believing in a positive future and being together (Love, LFL) to her classic emotional relationship ballads (13B, Cherry, White Mustang), to her hip hop gangsta side (SM, GL, IMF), her political side (GBA, WAW, Coachella, BPBP) and of course, the last 3 songs being its own seperate parting story to the person she wants to become.

Lust for Life was a gateway record to something new, its title being a nod to her first record was just the perfect way to end things. I dont think she's ever going to be the same again.

..anyway sorry for talkin about lfl, i know this has been said A LOT but i just, as much as the album is messy and ugly.. it had its purpose and led to this iconic album!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I can't believe I've been dragging Lana's writing skills this whole era just for her to throw The Greatest right at my face. I'm a clown and I hope she forgives me 

250524273015202.gif

Welcome back at last. FINALLY you've realized your wrongdoings. The enlightenment always finds its way to the lost ones and to that we say: thank you wisdom 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Lust for Life was basically intended to be messy, it was everything that Lana is/has been/wants to become all in one album. It was a full circle moment. It shown her intelectual side about believing in a positive future and being together (Love, LFL) to her classic emotional relationship ballads (13B, Cherry, White Mustang), to her hip hop gangsta side (SM, GL, IMF), her political side (GBA, WAW, Coachella, BPBP) and of course, the last 3 songs being its own seperate parting story to the person she wants to become.

Lust for Life was a gateway record to something new, its title being a nod to her first record was just the perfect way to end things. I dont think she's ever going to be the same again.

..anyway sorry for talkin about lfl, i know this has been said A LOT but i just, as much as the album is messy and ugly.. it had its purpose and led to this iconic album!

Agreed. I'm glad the whole thing about the album cover, people saying 'she's finally got to where she was trying to go from btd' is actually... kind of coming true

locals only

250524273015202.gif

now get back on the "ice cream, ice queen" train with me sister

250524273015202.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Anyone else irritated by the capitalization issues on iTunes? "Fuck it I love you" in between "Venice Bitch" and "Mariners Apartment Complex" and "Cinnamon Girl" in between "Love song" and "How to disappear" is going to make me scream

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.