Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Why do people think Lana is quitting music (again lol we have this every era) ???

If anything, I feel like this is a start of a new era for Lana as an artist. I would be very surprised if she stopped doing albums as she seems like she has more creativity and love for her craft than ever! 

Why do people think Lana is quitting music (again lol we have this every era) ???

If anything, I feel like this is a start of a new era for Lana as an artist. I would be very surprised if she stopped doing albums as she seems like she has more creativity and love for her craft than ever!

Bc this song is almost as blatant as Swan Song was, cant blame people for speculating but of course she’s not quitting music. She could never

LIZARD PEOPLE

Each track's all got their merits respectively

Yup, i'm already exhausted by the rankings and the vehement insults. We should all be able to enjoy tracks and albums we like, criticize tracks and albums we don't like without being attacked for having "no taste" or being delusional

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

did google play force the song to play on all your devices or

that's why i said i appreciate it. isn't that i didn't want to hear it or i wouldn't have said i appreciate it or even played it, just that for me i'd have probably preferred to not have access to the song without the music video. nuance people, christ 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Yup, i'm already exhausted by the rankings and the vehement insults. We should all be able to enjoy tracks and albums we like, criticize tracks and albums we don't like without being attacked for having "no taste" or being delusional

Full agree.

There’s a “ground control to Major Tom” theme suggested in this song, so that it could be or almost be interpreted as being sung by someone from Earth watching the world be destroyed from a distant planet (like Mars) via a ‘live stream.’ Why does the narrator miss LA, NYC, rock n’ roll? Where is she that she misses them and can’t access them? Losing Earth certainly would be the greatest loss of all.

I go back to University tomorrow. So happy that I'll have two new songs to listen to while I drive

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Full agree.

There’s a “ground control to Major Tom” theme suggested in this song, so that it could be or almost be interpreted as being sung by someone from Earth watching the world be destroyed from a distant planet (like Mars) via a ‘live stream.’ Why does the narrator miss LA, NYC, rock n’ roll? Where is she that she misses them and can’t access them? Losing Earth certainly would be the greatest loss of all.

Apologies for the double post.

Full agree.

Now that I think about that, this would be an amazing music video concept. Such a shame we didn't get the full Terrence Loves You video too

Maybe the double music video will be divided in two parts? Like the FIILY segment representing the past, the golden era, which would be the footage of her and the muscle beach baby, very 60's. And the Greatest showing the future in a post apocalyptic dystopian way, with everything destroyed and only Lana still standing? That would be an amazing concept  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

that's why i said i appreciate it. isn't that i didn't want to hear it or i wouldn't have said i appreciate it or even played it, just that for me i'd have probably preferred to not have access to the song without the music video. nuance people, christ 

i was just joking that you couldve just not listened to it until the release

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Imagine being excited for Happiness is a. and calling The Greatest & Hope weakest. Only this site.

HIAB does have a stronger and more memorable melody than anything in those 2. The "if he's a serial killer then what's the worst that could happen to a girl who's already hurt" line is far more memorable than anything on The Greatest because it is far more catchy. And the "don't be a jerk don't call me a taxi" part is more hard-hitting and memorable than anything in The Greatest too. Same with Cinnamon, or VB's bridge. Those songs have strong melodies and The Greatest / Hope do not.