Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What is the ‘culture’ line? It’s ‘lit’ or ‘licked’ or something else?

"The culture is lit". My interpretation is that her using that phrase is ironic. Kanye is still a thing while Beach Boys don't play anymore, she and her friends miss rock and roll, everything was better back then and now it's just not the same out there in the world. The ball meaning that the best things already happened in her life, at the same time California is on fire and we're trying to reach space colonizations and it's a weird lanscape for us as humans. But at the same time she loves Migos and trap so who the fuck knows why she'd say that in a bad way lol

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Anyone else irritated by the capitalization issues on iTunes? "Fuck it I love you" in between "Venice Bitch" and "Mariners Apartment Complex" and "Cinnamon Girl" in between "Love song" and "How to disappear" is going to make me scream

Accept as they are, and change to what you like once downloaded. I do it all the time. I will probably change the TG title to ‘The Greatest Loss’ tomorrow morning when I get the iTunes version.

Omg I know I’m a silly bitch because she made us suffer for months but I almost feel bad that this shit happened, it’s obviously not planned

Do you think she's actually realised yet?  :rip:

I’m so happy with this album’s release cycle all happening within a month. Maybe we should expect this next time too, instead of wanting it as soon as she says the album title (or releases 2-3 tracks lolol)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

"The culture is lit". My interpretation is that her using that phrase is ironic. Kanye is still a thing while Beach Boys don't play anymore, she and her friends miss rock and roll, everything was better back then and now it's just not the same out there in the world. The ball meaning that the best things already happened in her life, at the same time California is on fire and we're trying to reach space colonizations and it's a weird lanscape for us as humans. But at the same time she loves Migos and trap so who the fuck knows why she'd say that in a bad way lol

Well that’s all certainly fair, thank you. I can see the irony in ‘lit’ from that perspective; by lit she essentially means licked, defeated, broken, finished. I see can’t help see it as her ‘Major Tom’ with the narrator looking back on loss a la ‘Old Money,’ but on a grander, global scale.

I decided I won't listen.

But the lyrics are amazing.

It’s very sad, sadder than ‘Hope.’I could see how some could find it even depressing.

But despite the fade out ending, it’s cathartic, and that keeps it from being depressing to me.

The Greatest is so amazing. How does Lana consistently come up with song after song after song that is just... flawless.[/quote

And during the UV period, she said her “muse is agonizingly slow.’