Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Trump supporters deserve to be called out. Next. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Norman Rockwell, in my understanding, represents a man who thinks they’re the shit and they are. However, they’re really caught up in themselves and they’re kind of a shitty person. Which in return interferes with the quality of their craft. Kinda like what Lana said last year.

Norman Rockwell in his grave knowing that singer and songwritter Lana Del Rey is using his name as a synonym for douchbag and introducing him like that to a whole new generation of people

source.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

im probably stating the obvious but im high so let me have my investigative journalist moment.

The Greatest is essentially the same concept as Coachella/Woodstock (it's just a way better version of it). The whole "signing off" theme throughout the song weaves together 1969 and 2019, two decades with arguably the most culturally apocalyptic conclusions (in America, at least). 1969 saw Vietnam, race riots, and flower children morphing into Manson's homicidal psychopaths. 2019 brings the end of an equally tense and destabilized era in America, albeit arguably less violent (no Vietnam War: II, thank god). 

Miss Gangster Nancy Sinatra has always written from a perspective within the chasm between nostalgia and modernity, so I think The Greatest is not only the quintessential Lana song but it's almost uncomfortably timely/relevant, and above all just really fucking genius songwriting.

Every time I hear the line about Kanye I can’t breathe because I keep thinking of this :air:

6ace3e78a5f8179802afbe342701d6c91e212f04

Oh my fucking god :lmao:

im probably stating the obvious but im high so let me have my investigative journalist moment.

The Greatest is essentially the same concept as Coachella/Woodstock (it's just a way better version of it). The whole "signing off" theme throughout the song weaves together 1969 and 2019, two decades with arguably the most culturally apocalyptic conclusions (in America, at least). 1969 saw Vietnam, race riots, and flower children morphing into Manson's homicidal psychopaths. 2019 brings the end of an equally tense and destabilized era in America, albeit arguably less violent (no Vietnam War: II, thank god). 

Miss Gangster Nancy Sinatra has always written from a perspective within the chasm between nostalgia and modernity, so I think The Greatest is not only the quintessential Lana song but it's almost uncomfortably timely/relevant, and above all just really fucking genius songwriting.

Yes!! This song is very uncomfortably emotional which is why it’s AMAZING. I’m so proud of her.

does anyone have the lyrics for The Greatest? I'd like to read them

I miss Long Beach and I miss you babe

I miss dancing with you the most of all

I miss the bar where the Beach Boys would go

Dennis's last stop before Kokomo

Those nights were on fire

We couldn't get higher

We didn't know that we had it all

But nobody wants you before the fire

I'm wasted

Don't leave, I just need a wake-up call

I'm facing the greatest

The greatest loss of them all

The culture is lit and I had a ball

I guess I'm signing off after all

I miss New York and I miss the music

Me and my friends‚ we miss rock and roll

I want shit to feel just like it used to

When baby‚ I was doing nothing the most of all

The culture's lit and if this is it‚ I had a ball

I guess that I'm burnt out after all

I'm wasted

Don't leave, I just need a wake-up call

I'm facing the greatest

The greatest loss of them all

The culture is lit and I had a ball

I guess that I'm burnt out after all

If this is it, I'm signing off

Miss doing nothing‚ the most of all

Hawaii just missed that fireball

L.A. is in flames, it's getting hot

Kanye West is blonde and gone

Life on Mars ain't just a song

Oh, the livestream's almost on

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.