Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

"I've seen a lot of people criticizing her for the way she sings "I love you" in "Fuck it I love you". My interpretation is that it connects to the second line in "Norman Fucking Rockwell" - You fucked me so good I almost said I love you. She's trying to make it sound as if she starts saying I like you, but changes her mind mid-sentence because fuck it."

Saw this on reddit and I really like this theory, because I keep hearing fuck it I like you

So whats actually going on?  the song were supposed to be coming out but then they were delayed but they leaked by mistake?

Anyway.... :hooker:

1) The Greatest

2) How To Disappear (APPLE VERSION)

3) Fuck It I Love You

4) Hope

5) Mariners Apartment Complex

6) Venice Bitch

[full tracks only]

The new Android version will be better :hooker:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

So whats actually going on?  the song were supposed to be coming out but then they were delayed but they leaked by mistake?

Well the OG release date must have been yesterday/today.

Bc Google Play accidentally released The greatest yesterday at around 1pm ET.

Then Jack antanoff or however u spell his name, tweeted they'd come at midnight (he later retracted the comment blaming it on being high)

Then at midnight PT, Lana's official youtube account uploaded Fuck it I love you

Both official songs have been pulled off of both services, unofficially confirming original release dates as well as the songs having been delayed.

they should've released the singles yesterday knowing FIILY and TG were leaked... 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

i think about the timing we have:

norman fucking rockwell: March 2018

mariners apartment complex: probably July - August 2018

venice bitch: probably July - August 2018

fuck it i love you: ?

doin time: February - March 2019

love song: ? (2018)

cinnamon girl: probably September 2018 since she teased so much of it as if she had just finished it

how to disappear: October to December 2018

california: ?

the next best american record: 2016 for the demo, possibly not part of the 11 songs she had mentioned in September

the greatest: ?

bartender: December 2017 - January 2018

happiness is a butterfly: February - March 2018

hope: February 2018

I think Venice Bitch could have been at least written in February 2018 because she posted that mural of her at Venice Beach in February 2018 and quickly changed the caption from “Haunting Venice” to “Venice Bitch.”

I also wonder if California was one of the songs she worked on while she was in that side band with the guys from The Last Shadow Puppets (as co-writer Zach Dawes is close with Miles Kane/in the same band) which Lana said lasted December 2016 - March 2017 in the LFL interview with Zane Lowe.

Well the OG release date must have been yesterday/today.

Bc Google Play accidentally released The greatest yesterday at around 1pm ET.

Then Jack antanoff or however u spell his name, tweeted they'd come at midnight (he later retracted the comment blaming it on being high)

Then at midnight PT, Lana's official youtube account uploaded Fuck it I love you

Both official songs have been pulled off of both services, unofficially confirming original release dates as well as the songs having been delayed.

Sums up the lack of communication of the era so far, you'd think shed tweet or do a little update to say what happened and when they have been put back to instead everyone is just left wondering.

+ Doin' time and The Next Best American Record (except reworked parts)

I don't think DT counts since it's a cover, and I refuse to acknowledge the BAR situation... We'll see when it leaks comes out

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i think about the timing we have:

norman fucking rockwell: March 2018

mariners apartment complex: probably July - August 2018

venice bitch: probably July - August 2018

fuck it i love you: ?

doin time: February - March 2019

love song: ? (2018)

cinnamon girl: probably September 2018 since she teased so much of it as if she had just finished it

how to disappear: October to December 2018

california: ?

the next best american record: 2016 for the demo, possibly not part of the 11 songs she had mentioned in September

the greatest: ?

bartender: December 2017 - January 2018

happiness is a butterfly: February - March 2018

hope: February 2018

I'd say The Greatest was written sometime around Jan-March 2018

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

does she really say "I used to shoot up my veins in neon?" it kinda sounds like "in the arm" lol aka heroin. I'm also low key deaf so 

I hear in the arm too, and that makes more sense imo