Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The Greatest, Cinnamon, California is the holy trinity with bartender as honorable mention

but honestly they're basically all flawless. The only one I don't really care about is HTD and I haven't even heard it 

this is me except swap bartender with california

I know it's shit quality, but is it just me or do the songs kinda lack percussions/some sort of beat? I mean Cinnamon is amazing, but the rest of the album is somewhat flat comparatively to her all her other albums???

I know it's shit quality, but is it just me or do the songs kinda lack percussions/some sort of beat? I mean Cinnamon is amazing, but the rest of the album is somewhat flat comparatively to her all her other albums???

i think this was clear since the very beginning

So what did I miss

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I think you're right, it seems very stripped down and plain, accoustic, acapella, I don't know what to call it, maybe down to earth? Not as complex as other melodies.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

literally just this & BAR are the only *meh* tracks

I don't think BAR is a "meh" track. I'm dissapointed about the lyric changes, but the rest? Top notch production. That bridge? Iconic. 

She may have killed BAR, but at least it's a death deserving of a spot in the Panthéon.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I think you're right, it seems very stripped down and plain, accoustic, acapella, I don't know what to call it, maybe down to earth? Not as complex as other melodies.

I mean I'm really digging the sound she went for don't get me wrong, but as much as I really enjoy songs like The Greatest, HIAB, NFR even Venice Bitch, it's not much the fact that they are stripped down, but the fact that they sound kind dry/flat regardless of the beautiful instrumentals?