Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Hate to say but none of the songs realllly make sense

Thats basically the charm of Lana

Theyre poetic sentences but don’t always tell a story

I have the same feeling since VB & HIADTFAWLMTH. Both make not much sense.

Mfhp.gif

This refilled my cup of love for papa nowels omg. Lfl was... something... and as much as I like some of what jack has done (microphone tap) nothing will ever top honeymoon for me, with its bridges and haunting atmosphere and ugh...Β 

Honeymoon is a lush, decadent and etheral masterpiece! Lust for Life was... what it was and now NFR, which sounds promising, but I sense that it's all a little dry/flat sonically.

As of right now, my ranking is as follows:

Bartender

California

The Greatest

Venice Bitch

Fuck it I Love You

Mariners Apartment Complex

Hope Is A Dangerous Thing...

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Cinnamon Girl

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Love Song

Doin' Time

The Next Best American Record

Β 

We still haven't heard HTD in full with its intended production so I can't really put it anywhere.

giphy.gif

I guess this is kind of a play with words, but you'll excuse my poor english, i don't get itΒ 

Β 

dw this might explain itΒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_reversal

Β 

I'm glad the consensus on california is that it's good- what are the leaker-listeners non-spoilery thots on love song??

locals only

12 more days I can do thisΒ  :toofunny:Β  :defeated:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β β™‘Β I had a dream that I was fine,Β IΒ wasn't crazy, I was divineΒ β™‘ Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Rick was talking about bridges being their thing while the industry doesn't care about them anymore and it shows :creep:

But I'm not mad the songs are AMAZING regardless

Β 

Quote from THIS interview:

"After that, we solidify the verse and chorus. We usually write the middle eight from scratchβ€”that’s the section that comes after the second chorus. It is a construct of classic songwriting sometimes called the bridge. You don’t see a lot of middle eights in songs anymore. I love that we write them because I think they make the songs more timeless and satisfying."

Β 

Bartender has no bridge so I doubt it's related to Rick's absenceΒ 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

dw this might explain itΒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_reversal

Β 

I'm glad the consensus on california is that it's good- what are the leaker-listeners non-spoilery thots on love song??

love song is very pretty but in LQ its so hard to tell if its all its been made out to be. Judging by the HQ snippet, it'll be mindblowing when it's officially released.

giphy.gif

California

Venice Bitch

The Greatest

Love Song

Mariners Apartment Complex

Cinnamon Girl

Bartender

The Next Best American Record

Doin' Time

Fuck It I Love You

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Hope is a Dangerous Thing

Happiness is a Butterfly

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

Thanks! I really love Jack's stuff and work with her, but I also miss Rick I kind of wish the extremely tightly structured (RK)/comparatively loose feeling (JA) could meet in the middle somehow

Β 

Bartender was produced by Rick, but they changed the structure

Β 

i only listened one time, but most of the songs (i think) have bridges. could be wrong tho.

only TNBAR has a bridge most of the songs are just verse chorus verse chorus outro, i think it has a lot to do with jack

i love you, but you don't understand me.

is it better not to have bridges like NFR or to have bad bridges like LFL (numerous examples: lfl, wtwwaw, imf, love, groupie love, bpbp)

Β 

Not to have bridges, of course. I didn't even notice half the time because these songs are so good.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedΒ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Β 

Β 

I listened to the other songs that I didn't listen at first (Love song, Bartender, California) and even though the quality is bad, the production on most, if not all the songs is definetly not even a little flat. It's all so rich, harmonized and everything. Just heaven. When this comes in HQ on the 30th we're all gonna be killed by the fucking instrumentals and production on this album.Β 

Β 

Also, it doesn't matter that much that the songs don't have bridges, they're so fucking good you won't even notice that absence

~~~My body is stuck in the oceanΒ ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xUΒ My mind is lost in the universe***Β 

Off topic but hey username twin! :) :) :)Β 

Β 

Also, do sleep - I never sleep properly - take care of yourself, insomnia twin!Β 

Β 

More on topic - I am going to miss this thread so I wanted to just say hey and thanks to you all as I've been coming here on many nights when I should be sleeping - hi and thank-you to you all for the drama, content, discussion and (sorta) company - and let's all (eventually) enjoy the album! :)Β 

Β 

Sorry off topic, your post really threw me for a second. That's my ATRL username and I thought I had posted somethingΒ  :toofunny:

Β 

I really need to sleep.