Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Can’t believe California, Cinnamon, The Greatest & fiily literally fucking beat my ass and then kissed me! Then nfr & bartender tucked me in. What a fucking honor

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

2. "Mariners Apartment Complex" 4 / 10

3. "Venice Bitch" 3 / 10

5. "Doin' Time" 10 / 10

Hmmmmm. I know these are opinions and all and everyone’s opinion can be different but... hmmmm....

1. "Norman Fucking Rockwell" 3 / 10

2. "Mariners Apartment Complex" 4 / 10

3. "Venice Bitch" 3 / 10

4. "Fuck It I Love You" 9 / 10

5. "Doin' Time" 10 / 10

6. "Love Song" 5 / 10

7. "Cinnamon Girl" 10 /10

8. "How to Disappear" 2 /10

9. "California" 10 / 10

10. "The Next Best American Record" 9 / 10

11. "The Greatest" 6 / 10

12. "Bartender" 9 / 10

13. "Happiness Is a Butterfly" 10 / 10

14. "Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Have It" 2 / 10

Maaaaaaam this is trash.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I didn't know that (I meant the videos?) I thought the videos were potentially shot recently and that maybe the editing wasn't done? 

I dunno I was seeking a somewhat rational explanation as the fact that they said they were coming and then... they just didn't... seems weird to me? I don't get it! I may have looked away for half a day and missed something! 

Lana mentioned it in a group chat she's in with some fans on ig... If I remember correctly it was last year around November.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

HIAB has such a bizarre song structure... the way the verses are what I thought was the chorus and the post chorus is a pre chorus plus random interludes  :facepalm:  I still love it but I need to get used to this.

OMG, this make me really curious to hear the song.

kinda feel like the whole album could be about to barrie, she said it's about an artist and in venice bitch she sings about she writes he tours also i know she said mariners was just about a guy she was seeing but she said the guy told her they were both messed up and we know lana took care of barrie a lot cause he was really depressed so.. hmm

I kinda hope that the two are still good friends (even if they don't talk that much, maybe?) after what happened and that this is really the case. I feel like their personalities and relationship were something rare, and that they really got each other. Even if things don't always work out, there's always some once in a lifetime connections that stay and change us. I think they were really important to each other and it makes sense that this record is inspired by him.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

1. "Norman Fucking Rockwell"   3 / 10

2. "Mariners Apartment Complex"   4 / 10

3. "Venice Bitch"   3 / 10

4. "Fuck It I Love You"   9 / 10

5. "Doin' Time"   10 / 10

6. "Love Song"   5 / 10

7. "Cinnamon Girl"   10 /10

8. "How to Disappear"   2 /10

9. "California"   10 / 10

10. "The Next Best American Record"   9 / 10

11. "The Greatest"   6 / 10

12. "Bartender"   9 / 10

13. "Happiness Is a Butterfly"   10 / 10

14. "Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Have It"  2  / 10

Worse than Hitler... ma, you've just invented homophobia.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

it's okay guys i'ts just the reverse system 1 is obviously the highest and 10 the lowest :blush3:

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

ah man i feel like i have finally graduated from Norman Fucking Rockwell Pre-Release Thread Purgatory, full on into ldr - nfr Heaven/Hell.  i dont want to hear anyone else shit on the low quality - this album was literally made to be listened to on phone-recorded casette tape.  it adds to the vibe like a motherfucker and makes everything so much better. it's all clear enough to hear everything and the bass is still on point.

my breakdown of the NFR unofficial release experience goes like this:

Norman Fucking Rockwell: Carole King vibes, just like the snippet, skipped it like 3/4 of the way through

Mariners Apartment Complex: wbk, skip

Venice Bitch: see above

Fuck it I love you: this song made me a Lana fan again, maybe im born with it, maybe its bad taste, sue me.  Lana just doesnt want to admit the love bc shes a lil embarrassed about it, thats why she slurs like that. also maybe sis relapsed idk yall. secret favorite song on the album

Doin Time: like, its okay. should not have made it to the album but has its place as a soundtrack feature in the LDR discography.

Love song: I honestly cant remember how this went and ive listened like 3 times.  its the "in your car in your car" one

Cinnamon Grrrl: Lana Del Rey: Greatest Hits

How To Disappear: will be the sleeper hit of the album bc its not in this leak and we will all hear a whole new thing with the production when the album leaks in HQ i secretly love this song

California: listened to this in the shower and had a breakdown, amazing, best song on the album

TNBAR: i tried to listen several times and skipped it every time. i cant, the new version makes me want to die. demo is way better

The Greatest: i love it, makes me want to cry

Bartender: eh its okay maybe it will grow on me

Happiness is a butterfly: actually better than i expected, i am into it

HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI - i loved this song from January but i havent listened to it in a while

Lana's most raw album, somehow most depressing and most positive at the same time???

I gave everything a listen once, and I'll save any further listens for when it's released. I cried to California, wow. Such a raw song. Instant new Lana favourite.

Anyways, I'm really disgusted with how everyone treated the Billie stan. As far as I can tell, this is another Del Rey management fuckup and they sent out the cassettes earlier than intended. The girl probably received it in the mail and got excited. That's not on her, that's on Lana's dumbass team and her own constant flipflopping on release dates etc. For everyone to bully this little girl and then laugh at her crying and saying she's scared is actually just gross lmao. Y'all are gross. 

6. "Love Song"   5 / 10

12. "Bartender"   9 / 10

14. "Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Have It"  2  / 10

is it crack?

iv9uXjw.gif

I mean she's a literal child who admitted she doesn't even know that much about Lana and her music, it didn't seem like she understood what she was doing at all. And obviously she's a Billie fan she's 13 lmao you can't hold that against her

You can't treat kids whose brains aren't even fully developed like they're adults, she didn't kill someone ffs she just did something dumb. If she was acting out some detailed plan to sabotage Lana and ruin NFR's release, she wouldn't have uploaded this potato quality bullshit, or used her main account, and she wouldn't have had a nervous breakdown afterwards.

If she didn’t know much about Lana how on earth did she end up with the cassette? I can’t see someone who doesn’t know much about an artist or their music actually pre ordering anything let alone a cassette of all things. Unless she’s lying because she’s scared.

LIZARD PEOPLE

6. "Love Song"   5 / 10

12. "Bartender"   9 / 10

this is yoko ono's newest performance piece

BARRIE FUCKING JAMES

1. "Barrie Fucking James"

2. "Barrie's Apartment Complex"

3. "Barrie's Bitch"

4. "Fuck It I Love Barrie"

5. "Doin' Barrie"

6. "In Barrie's Car"

7. "Barrie's Girl"

8. "How to Barrie"

9. "Cali Barrie"

10. "The Next Barrie"

11. "The Greatest Barrie"

12. "Barrie Tender"

13. "Barrie Is a Butterfly"

14. "Barrie Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Lost him"

no offence but I can't believe some of u have waited almost a year to hear this album and you chose to listen to a lq leak  :deadbanana: baffles me

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

BARRIE FUCKING JAMES

1. "Barrie Fucking James"

2. "Barrie's Apartment Complex"

3. "Barrie's Bitch"

4. "Fuck It I Love Barrie"

5. "Doin' Barrie"

6. "In Barrie's Car"

7. "Barrie's Girl"

8. "How to Barrie"

9. "Cali Barrie"

10. "The Next Barrie"

11. "The Greatest Barrie"

12. "Barrie Tender"

13. "Barrie Is a Butterfly"

14. "Barrie Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman like Me to Have - but I Lost him"

she was barrie's bitch  :hooker:

i love you, but you don't understand me.