Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This is a pre release thread

Many of us haven't heard the non officially released songs. Writing things like you don't like the record that you heard in 2 kpbs and you won't buy it and in general making reviews of the songs don't belong here but if you insist on writing them just because you don't care, just put a Norman Fucking Spoiler

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

NFR should not be judged on the way the album rollout was handled. Could it have been handled differently? Absolutely. Lana should have never released singles so early, and should have never shared so many snippets so far in advance of the release. But we do not know what went on behind the scenes. The album could have been planned for an earlier release but something could have happened outside of Lana’s control. Communication should have been better, but it is what it is.

I have not listened to the leak, but I know better than to judge an album in a negative way just because I don’t like how the album rollout took place. Quality music speaks for itself, and I think NFR will speak for itself in the end.

Lana will always win in the end, and her work should be respected. She had put out 6 albums in a 7 years time. That is almost unheard of. She works hard and her work deserves respect. It seems to be that Lana fans have become very spoiled and feel entitled. It shouldn’t be that way.

did they say they were officially scrapping it or is this just speculation

It's more like a joke because with Lana, when things are talked about and then delayed, that usually means we'll never hear of them again :flop:

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

This is a pre release thread

Many of us haven't heard the non officially released songs. Writing things like you don't like the record that you heard in 2 kpbs and you won't buy it and in general making reviews of the songs don't belong here but if you insist on writing them just because you don't care, just put a Norman Fucking Spoiler

nobody said they aren’t gonna buy it lol most people who’ve listened to the leak have already bought multiple copies

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Does anyone know why sweethenny, movebaby, and morecruelthanyou were banned? It looks like they were banned yday but i can't remember any sweethenny posts asking for leaks in particular :(

edit: maybe they were asking for links in the DMs but still. big F in the chat.

locals only

did they say they were officially scrapping it or is this just speculation

i meant cancelling as in suddenly not releasing them even though they were clearly planned to be released this friday 

About the leak, as I've said before here--c'mon. It's 2019. Everything leaks.

LDR, Jack and Interscope, if they have any sophistication at all--and they do--expect/anticipate the album to leak. They're mentally and emotionally prepared.

It's not as if it they were planning to release it in late August and it was leaked in March or April. It leaked a few weeks before its release date, and if they were really concerned and really cared, then they would be ready to  rush release it the moment it leaked. And they apparently haven't done that. 

No fan is going to be happy with the LQ phone version. They're almost all going to buy the album regardless, less they don't care for it at all. 

So maybe $30 to $40 thousand has been lost to them, which is peanuts to them in the scheme of things. They're all millionaires many times over. 

About the leak, as I've said before here--c'mon. It's 2019. Everything leaks.

LDR, Jack and Interscope, if they have any sophistication at all--and they do--expect/anticipate the album to leak. They're mentally and emotionally prepared.

It's not as if it they were planning to release it in late August and it was leaked in March or April. It leaked a few weeks before its release date, and if they were really concerned and really cared, then they would be ready to rush release it the moment it leaked. And they apparently haven't done that.

No fan is going to be happy with the LQ phone version. They're almost all going to buy the album regardless, less they don't care for it at all.

So maybe $30 to $40 thousand has been lost to them, which is peanuts to them in the scheme of things. They're all millionaires many times over.

Yupppp

BAR demo should've stayed on lfl even without the lyric changes i think the production is very weak

I listend to the "new" version and it's ok. The only annoying thing is the "fame" echo in the instrumental.

Mfhp.gif

****NFR SPOILERS****

Not too much detail, but the album is just what she said it is. It's low key, sleepy, piano-based and meandering. Clearly this is the kind of record she wanted to make right now. There's a shout-out to Joni Mitchell and Mitchel's early LA era. Maybe LDR's gotten to the point like (the admittedly much older) Kate Bush did in 2011, where she no longer feels obligated or interested in turning out 3-minute-ish pop songs.

Tori Amos has been producing NFR-like, piano-based gems like 'Indian Summer,' 'Garlands' and 'Oscar's Theme' for a decade, but then tacking them onto 'banger' albums as b-sides or as video bonuses, where few can find them. By doing this, she's shooting herself in the foot and almost condemning some of her best work to obscurity. Songs aren't ever going to make 'the Great American Song book' if few ever hear them.  

So I'm glad LDR did just what she wanted here. I especially like Bartender. 

BAR is a boring song in general, so monotonous and dull, goes nowhere. Some nice lines but overall a total snoozefest. Easy to gain lots of praise when you were intended for an otherwise shitty album like LFL

Why did she revive this when she is sitting on tons of superior tracks

:woot: giphy.gif :woot: