Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

if you want to listen to the leak, then go ahead and listen to it.

if you want to listen to the album when it is officially released, you can do that.

if you think the 13 year old should be guillotined, then whatever. you're wrong, but whatever.

if you think the grandparents should be put on house arrest, whatever. you're wrong, but whatever.

if you think Ben and Ed suck, think that.

if you want to suck Ben and Ed, go ahead.

this thread is 3266 pages long. rest. take your iron supplement. feed your cats. brush your teeth. stream Born to Die.

In the meantime, I will be temporarily locking this thread until August 29th.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

"So I moved to California‚ but it’s just a state of mind

It  turns out everywhere you go you take yourself‚ that’s not a lie"

Or is it "it turns out everywhere you go, you take your self that's not alive"

To the fockers who've already listened to the record (which actually, can b real debatable considering the aduio quality of it forsure) , is Love Song amazing? Tease the fucking hell out of it, I have to know giphy.gif

the chorus is really pleasing to listen to, the second verse is quite wordy and none of it rhymes so its kinda weird but shes a cute girl

i love you, but you don't understand me.

NFR should not be judged on the way the album rollout was handled. Could it have been handled differently? Absolutely. Lana should have never released singles so early, and should have never shared so many snippets so far in advance of the release. But we do not know what went on behind the scenes. The album could have been planned for an earlier release but something could have happened outside of Lana’s control. Communication should have been better, but it is what it is.

It is what it is and I don't like what it is. It's really as simple as that. I have zero positive memories associated with this era, zero positive feelings, there is not one thing that made me feel good, so like....why would I want this awful energy in my life? If the messiness didn't faze you, that's great, and I'm glad you're able to enjoy the album in the end. I'm not. MAC & VB were like nice little surprises at a time when I was definitely not expecting new music from her, so they're cool in my mind. And things were still pretty cool when Hope came out (remember how some people thought Hope's release meant the album would come out in January? lel). As for The Greatest & FIILY, they came out almost immediately after we found out about them. No endless teasing and months of speculation. It didn't feel like these were two more songs we would probably never get to hear in full. So there are a few exceptions, but the album in its entirety has been ruined for me by this mess that went on, and on, and on. If that didn't get to you, I mean, good for you. But it doesn't change how I feel.

She had put out 6 albums in a 7 years time. That is almost unheard of. It seems to be that Lana fans have become very spoiled and feel entitled. It shouldn’t be that way.

I mean Alice Cooper put out 7 albums in 6 years but like, I wish people would stop perpetuating this tired as rhetoric that our problem here is her taking too long between albums. Does it have to be reposted as a reminder every 5 pages? Does it have to be pinned or something so that people won't miss it?  WHO said or implied that she took too long to start working on a new album after Lust For Life? Maybe I'm just not remembering right, but I don't recall anyone throwing tantrums for a new album before she announced she was working on one.

But you're right, all these years of amazing music have definitely spoiled us and made us expect great quality from her. That's definitely changed now :eek:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

To the fockers who've already listened to the record (which actually, can b real debatable considering the aduio quality of it forsure) , is Love Song amazing? Tease the fucking hell out of it, I have to know giphy.gif

It is amazing. It doesn't have a huge build up like everyone thought it would, it's fairly mellow throughout but it really is a beautiful song. The intro as you know sounds like there is a lot of strings, however it's very muted but still nice. I'd say it's a sad song you'd listen to while reminiscing about an old lover. Or perhaps a new lover who you want to share a special time with in the future. Lana sings very fondly of this person. I really love the outro because all the music stops apart from the piano and Lana sings some cute lines before it fades out.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

It’s my second fave just after TG. It’s a beautiful track. Piano and strings mostly, raw vocals and a beautiful melody that reminds me Video Games or Old Money kind of song.

It's nice enough but I remember everyone was hoping/betting it will evolve into something with guitars/lots of strings, and it does not. It remains stagnant

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

It is amazing. It doesn't have a huge build up like everyone thought it would, it's fairly mellow throughout but it really is a beautiful song. The intro as you know sounds like there is a lot of strings, however it's very muted but still nice. I'd say it's a sad song you'd listen to while reminiscing about an old lover. Or perhaps a new lover who you want to share a special time with in the future. Lana sings very fondly of this person. I really love the outro because all the music stops apart from the piano and Lana sings some cute lines before it fades out.

I'm emotional rn and I have legit fucking tears. Fuck. And it being a bit mor emuted, to better help introspect? The potential subtle softness to it? Fuuuuuuuck

It’s my second fave just after TG. It’s a beautiful track. Piano and strings mostly, raw vocals and a beautiful melody that reminds me Video Games or Old Money kind of song.

I'm fucking sold giphy.gif

UV/Honeymoon

It's nice enough but I remember everyone was hoping/betting it will evolve into something with guitars/lots of strings, and it does not. It remains stagnant

Thank you for using spoiler tags!!!!!!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I had no real expectstions for it, prodcution wise, but the be my once in a lifetime fucking caught my entire interest for it giphy.gif

UV/Honeymoon