Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

..how did she use poverty as an aesthetic in the ride video??? y'all are Reaching

She literally made herself out to be a hooker in the video :facepalm: 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Yeah she's undeniably used poverty as an aesthetic, ride and tropico coming out after the opulence of national anthem and btd was a... telling choice. I can see what they're trying to say but I'm going to reserve judgement until the vids actually come out tbh. This doesn't have quite the role-playing vibe of ride or tropico in particular from what we've seen so far

locals only

Just got off the phone with my extremely reliable uncle who most of you are familiar with as the man who's given us tons of inside info (you may also know him from the crack pipe company he owns). He confirmed there actually is a box set for NFR but we just don't know when it's coming. He did provide some info of the things that will be in the box set & I'll list them below.

The box set will include:

• A neon green vape that says "Norman Freaking Rockwell" in the most neon pink you've ever seen.
  • A Matcha Cha Cha $2 gift card.
  • A 20% off your first soul cycle class voucher.
  • Like a "get out of jail free" card but instead, it's a "do nothing, the most of all" card for when you want to skip work or class, your boss/ professor MUST accept it or they'll go to prison.
  • A NFR CD, vinyl, cassette, DVD, floppy disk, USB, SD card.
  • "Violets Bent Over Da Lit Grass & Into this Ass" poetry book but it's only halfway finished.
  • A signed picture of Chuck's snake (it's signed by someone but no one knows by who).
  • An XXXXL white t-shirt with "Normie" handwritten on it using a green sharpie which is nearly dried out.
  • A signed lithograph of Lana's toes. Again, we don't know who signed it (maybe Ben or the people at the factory, your guess is as good as mine).
  • An extremely complex silly band (by Silly Bandz themselves) in the shape of the Hillsong logo.

My uncle says there is more stuff but he just hasn't seen it all. He will try to find out what else is in there as well as when it'll drop & he'll let us know. 

Please don't believe anything else you may hear unless it's directly from me or my unckie. I will keep you dolls posted, I promise.

please let your uncle know that if he can somehow finesse me an early copy of this glorious box set, i will trade him 5 kilos of pure crack cocaine and my second born child (i had to trade the first one for the crack) 

it's just the way i feel

She wasn't using poverty as an aesthetic tho.. It's a story within a music video.

Yeah I get that it was a story but she was telling that story like it was autobiographical so I can understand where people's confusion and irritation lies. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

IMG-usqyja.jpgthey went private and i didnt screenshot the entire thread but.... its a mess

she’s just in a bar and bartenders aren’t necessarily poor.. she’s just telling a cute story the video doesn’t have to resemble her life lmao she doesn’t actually sing for a ton of millennials on the moon, she didn’t actually dive off a cliff, she doesn’t actually shoot helicopters from her balcony in a bathrobe...

actually its gay jailer why am i taking what they say seriously

i love you, but you don't understand me.

So is an actress playing a prostitute in a movie using poverty as an aesthetic? Is the director using it as an aesthetic? Why is it that if Lana plays a prostitute in a video she's suddenly using poverty as an aesthetic? (not trying to start drama, genuinely curious)

qfrWuBl.png

fuck sake the woman can’t do shit without being harangued

have a grand, opulent video? she’s glamorising materialism and sending unhealthy messages about wealth

draw from her previous experiences on a trailer park etc? She’s using poverty as an aesthetic - disgusting.

At this point she’d be better off just lipsyncing to the song in a bare room - except we’d all jump down her throat for being ‘creatively bankrupt’

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

yawn what a bland take to discredit good discussion

not really, it's the opposite given I'm not allergic to discussion like many on this site lol

just tedious how revealing a lot of people's takes are which are used repeatedly. criticism of lana that verges on the political brings them out in hives and the same reductive tropes are used about "oversensitivity" when it's actually nice to be mindful and observational 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

She literally made herself out to be a hooker in the video :facepalm:

she was a homeless prostitute

She was playing a character??????? Like guys don't do this lmao...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains