Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

streaming both on spotify. woah. what a blessed life this is 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The Greatest really is one of her most beautiful track! FIILY on the other hand... I don't understand, it's a bit nonsensical, the chorus is a tad repetitive, the "I luhhh you" part is... it is what it is lol

I'm feeling so blessed this Thursday with the double music video/song release + The 1975's "People". I didn't listen to the whole songs up until now, & I'm really glad I waited.

MY THOUGHTS ON THE MVs: 

tl;dr: I think this is my favorite pair of music videos from anybody, including Lana. These 2 songs & music videos connect A LOT of past (Lana) references. 

Fuck It, I Love You: 

• The whole music video is serving nods to the "Ride", "High by the Beach" & "White Mustang" music videos - Ride with her being in the bar, HBTB with her being on the beach, & White Mustang with the weird kitschy retro-futuristic stuff going on. 
  • The oil rigs from the end of the NFR trailer make more sense being in the vid. She started the song by specifically singing about Long Beach - there's old photos of oil rigs, lined up parallel to the ocean during the 1920s, along Long Beach & the L.A area. 
  • The extra shots with the surfer bodybuilder guy were funny. 
  • Lana SHAKING HER ASS, she just keeps showing off how sexy she is! Also, it reminded me of the "shaking my ass" line from hope...though I know she was just having fun onset. 
  • I need to learn how to surf again. 
  • California is indeed a state of mind - I can attest to it, living in Florida (but being born & raised in San Diego). 
  • Anyone else catch the reference to the Mama Cass song "Dream A Little Dream Of Me"? 

The Greatest: 

• Again, the oil rigs & shipping facility setting makes more sense. Lana's been adding in more (pseudo-)political remarks in her songs since L4L. 
  • I'm glad she referenced former Beach Boys member Dennis Wilson & his only solo album, "Pacific Ocean Blue". It's a long classic that is probably an inspiration for the whole album. 
  • The transition portion in between the 2 songs could've been filmed in San Diego, given how much ship/Navy stuff there is down there. The bar, too. But I know that the parts where she's in front of the bridge, with the word "Terminals" on it, is in LA.
  • Possible reference I caught: So, there's another scene in the transition part of the 2 music videos, where it's just bubbles under the ocean & the camera's going down. Later on, Lana is on a high bridge (the one with "Terminals" across it) & scaffolds. If anybody is familiar with The Monkees, their movie "HEAD" starts off with 1 of The Monkees running across (what could be) this same bridge! And then he jumps into the water, and we see the camera descending under the ocean to a bunch of groovy stuff. You can see for yourself here: https://youtu.be/Q4nT-5DyjX0?t=143
  • She really called out Kanye for making that Instagram post (about abolishing the 14th Amendment, wearing a MAGA hat) again  :gclap: What's even crazier is that Trump is considering attempts to repeal the 14th amendment...the one that guarantees birthright citizenship https://www.salon.com/2019/08/22/trump-again-says-he-is-seriously-considering-ending-birthright-citizenship-despite-14th-amendment/ 

Well me n the impatient girls been known these songs were fucking beautiful :hooker:

I’m happy you finally got to hear them though, now we can all violently squirt to The Greatest & sob while grinding to FIILY

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

ok nevermind, it works now so I'm gonna go drive and cry and listen for the first time, I thought my day was gonna just go downhill after that glorious Popeyes chicken sandwich but now it's getting exponentially better BYE  :hae:  :hae:  :hae: