Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Super keen for this album. A couple years ago when I was younger I worked at McDonald's and the local music store staff would always come for lunch. They sold me Ultraviolence and Cheek To Cheek (Lady Gaga) a day early but that was probably only because I served them lunch each day lol.

3ZbHn.jpg

Remember when she promised those kids in hospital she would write a song called Starry Eyed for them? Queen of ghosting promises.

That needs to go in the lies thread, along with the fact that she said she'd release the poetry book before the album.

This album will be classic after classic and I won’t have to pretend that I love it like I did with LFL yup

Stop letting her use selfies as singles covers, Ben

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I can’t believe the tickets for the Paris show went out in seconds! Did anyone manage to buy more than one early entry? Dm me please

I can’t believe the tickets for the Paris show went out in seconds! Did anyone manage to buy more than one early entry? Dm me please

sis 1 time is enough and its the wrong thread anyway.

tickets didnt go on sale. they apparently mean 10am UK time, so in 40 minutes

image.png

That needs to go in the lies thread, along with the fact that she said she'd release the poetry book before the album.

Actually no WAIT she retooled it into 'Fuck It I Love You' so in her mind it's still working, but in reality it sounds nothing alike.

Her mind.  :air:

EDIT:  :creep:

3lfQEhw.png

On a lana fb page I'm on people are saying all the songs on NFR are boring -_-

I can’t possibly imagine being so wrong except with Love Song and Doin’ Time

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Doin time sweaty im so sorry im so sorry  :defeated:

Don’t be sorry for ha she’s still Doin’ Fine. Just not a standout imo

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

So it looks like will be getting a HQ leak soon...

ztbc9yok8ni31.jpg

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I still want justice for 'Life Is Beautiful'.

You’re a dreamer, you dream a lot in your sleep

8LQ1.gif

There are also a lot of people overhyping it. I get it, because it's shiny and new, but imo there are obvious flaws and it won't be to everyone's taste. I wouldn't go as far as to call it boring, though, and nobody has heard the entire thing in hq yet.

I've listened to everything available multiple times now. All of the songs are catchy, but I'm not a big fan of it, personally. Speaking from my own taste, I'd rate it a 'C.'

I'm glad she created what she wanted to create at this point in her life, but it's not what I look for from her. 'NFR,' 'Love Song' and 'California' don't really develop. As some have already said, there are no bridges, which makes a lot of difference. 

VB, MAC and TG are among her best work ever, so there's that.