Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i have a pair of skullcandy earphones and it sounds fine to me.

What about her singing style, though? Am I the only one who notices these differences?

The demo version was recorded in 2016 when her singing style was different

I honestly always feel bad for ranking Born To Die below her other albums, because in 2012 it was THAT album, and I've listened an awful lot of times, it is iconic. the other two are just far superior.

HM & UV are lightyears ahead of BTD, but BTD is far more interesting than Norman’s Demos. Cinnamon Girl is a BTD reject much like Cherry was & the serial killer throwback in HIAB is just embarrassing lmaooo. All the dance and party lines on Norman’s Demos damn ma she was more lyrically creative when she was 25-26 :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I wanna save actual discussion for the post-release thread, but

I don't hate the production on HtD. I actually think it's pretty catchy, and it's very reminiscent of some of her older stuff - Backfire, Velvet Crowbar, everything in that era.

finished the album a while ago, and i don't understand the point of Jacks part at the end of Hope, but whateva. 

I think he's saying he doesn't believe lana or the song is real. He thinks its that good that its unreal, that its a dream. He says he is going to wake up on the floor and the song wont exist because he thinks its that good (because it is that good). Kinda fits into the Rockwell theme in a weird sort of way.

HM & UV are lightyears ahead of BTD, but BTD is far more interesting than Norman’s Demos. Cinnamon Girl is a BTD reject much like Cherry was & the serial killer throwback in HIAB is just embarrassing lmaooo. All the dance and party lines on Norman’s Demos damn ma she was more lyrically creative when she was 25-26 :rip:

Agree they pretty much stand alone in her discography. The current lyrical choices are a bit weird to me too. I love the serial killer parts sound in HIAB, but the song as a whole just doesn't make sense to me. The lyrical creativity is certainly lost on a lot of songs on this album.

Right? It's literally a matured Video Games  :crossed:

It’s an autopilot filler like White Mustang :rip:

“Grab my waist, don’t waste” & reusing party dress and fucking mess lyrics

Definitely not mature :rip:

What about her singing style, though? Am I the only one who notices these differences?

The demo version was recorded in 2016 when her singing style was different

I definitely can hear the differences. Also she sounds so much sadder in the verses/bridge because of the original context while the new vocals in the chorus/pre-chorus sound a lot more relaxed.

It’s an autopilot filler like White Mustang :rip:

“Grab my waist, don’t waste” & reusing party dress and fucking mess lyrics

Definitely not mature :rip:

go sit in a corner fam

giphy.gif

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I've always thought that that was some sort of reference to that Florida guy who wanted to harm her at one of her shows, as it was around that time that she shared that snippet I think. So in that sense, it may be an odd choice of words, but interesting nonetheless. 

go sit in a corner fam

I better not see anyone drag stranger than a stranger again after loving “grab my waist, don’t waste” & tired party dress/fucking mess lines just cause it’s new :rip:

i saw some other people say a lot of the songs sound like demos and i agree, i do like the album but i thought this ever since mariner's was released, the production just sounds so unfinished and not very prominent almost like you'd think after making us wait so long they'd make sure everything is up to par

i actually love HTD but one of my biggest issues with it is that her vocals sound really weak and she cuts off and her voice cracks a lot then the production gets really messy and ends up overpowering her voice towards the end

happiness is a butterfly too like it feels like they added those interludes in at the very last minute because they couldn't come up with verses  :toofunny:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Do you guys really think they’d spend the whole year perfecting the album and preparing the packaging and merch and videos to all come together at once just to accidentally put a demo on the physical release? Seriously... the other version of FIILY on physical copies is obviously intentional. Just like the extended version of HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI.

But I know how much everyone likes to pretend Lana is stupid and useless and like “she fucks everything up because she incapable of doing anything right” so I get why you want to pretend it’s a mistake.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688