Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i'm not gonna even attempt to read the last 48 pages i missed so i don't know if this was mentioned, but

Love Song reminded me immediately of Starry Eyed and I keep interchanging the lyrics accidentally

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Yeah I know who he is. What I’m saying is he doesn’t fit into the context of the song but Laurel Canyon would.

how would laurel canyon fit into the song????

i'm not gonna even attempt to read the last 48 pages i missed so i don't know if this was mentioned, but

Love Song reminded me immediately of Starry Eyed and I keep interchanging the lyrics accidentally

YES YES YES

THIS IS WHAT I SAID!

giphy.gif

Ok so I caved and started listening.

THAT TITLE TRACK WHEWWW. It’s so cinematic. I was not prepared. Sounds like a classic already.

She really butchered the lyrics of BAR and also the melody of "best american recoO-oh-ORDDddd" in the pre-chorus huh

d8e2fa06-c026-4e60-83d7-a967293e2e24-200d8e2fa06-c026-4e60-83d7-a967293e2e24-200d8e2fa06-c026-4e60-83d7-a967293e2e24-200

TNBAR is fine

giphy.gif

how would laurel canyon fit into the song????

Lana said this record has “Laurel Canyon” sounds. Guy seems to be a resident of Laurel Canyon which is mentioned in Bartender (referring to Joni Mitchell’s “Ladies Of The Canyon”) and Canyon could be a play on “can ya” for can ya know it all.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Uhhh she constantly references Laurel Canyon on the album and nothing to do with President Moro fits the theme at all. I get that he’s a pretentious dude in Laurel Canyon from the line.

oh, yeah! that makes sense

y'all can't wait 3 more damn days... seriously it is so fun when we all listen for the first time and freak out on here, and now its ruined... you'll get tired of it and won't stream it as much as you would if you waited.... seriously go stream FIILY and The greatest

My mom told me that she'll try to get me the album tomorrow, she knows someone who works in a store and she's gonna ask them if she can have a copy for me. I doubt her friend will say yes because it's kinda illegal, but at the same time it's one of her friends who loved my poetry book so... she might do it if it's for me since she has a good appreciation of me

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i hate that i'm somewhat disappointed in the album. like i still love it but based on the snippets we heard and everything, its a tad bit underwhelming

Can't help but think that this a bit of Jack's fault, he's not all what makes himself up to be.