Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Hold awn I'm confused. What are u guys meaning by another version of fuck it, I love you?

There is a "single version" the one on Spotify/AM and YouTube and the album version with different instruments.

Mfhp.gif

its the same for me im in Portugal! 

I didn't see any announcement for this tho

she (annie) mentioned it when the greatest/fiily was premiered  :thankyou:

Finally someone with clean ears! When I was listening to the album I couldn't help but think that it gave the same vibes as Paradise did, and this is coming from someone who hates album comparisons. I'm not saying they sound the same but the pacing and the atmosphere is very Paradise-esque, from the grand opening (Ride/NFR), to the sometimes playful aura and the late 50's/early 60's vibe some tracks have.

i agree, tho i do think the sound and themes are sorta the same too, paradise and nfr are both very piano and string heavy with themes of sex, drugs, fame and freedom

i love you, but you don't understand me.

HTD sounds... weird. It honestly sounds JUST LIKE those fanmade studio versions that people made with the live presentation back when the album wasn't even announced. I don't think the production is good at all tbh

She should've kept the piano version or recorded her live version.

Mfhp.gif

I'm fine with the FIILY demo being pressed on some physical editions if the single version is on the album on streaming services. 

Still doesn't explain why the album snippets we got had the single version - it really does feel like a pressing error.

Woa did you even read what happened? I politely asked a question and she came at me with “thirsty ass hoe”. Now where I’m from, you can politely answer a polite question by saying “you’re not not allowed to ask this question even if everyone in the thread is talking about it” and that’s ok. I don’t consider “learn how to use google thirsty ass how” a polite answer, so yeah, she should be the one to get warning points

anyway I was obviously joking bc you yourself referred to yourself as “thirsty” first but then you decided to get all rude and stupid, you wasted this time arguing with ppl on a forum and trying to defend yourself when you could’ve been googling the album.... your MIND!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

can someone really give me a second opinion about the NFR lyrics in the second verse please? She’s saying “resident laurel can-you-know-it-all”, right? The president moro stuff from the genius lyrics didn’t make sense with the context of the song at all so I really think these are the real lyrics but I’m only one set of ears.

on genuis, it's "president moro, can you know it all" apparently in reference to italian prime minister, aldo moro

can someone really give me a second opinion about the NFR lyrics in the second verse please? She’s saying “resident laurel can-you-know-it-all”, right? The president moro stuff from the genius lyrics didn’t make sense with the context of the song at all so I really think these are the real lyrics but I’m only one set of ears.

resident Laurel Canyon know-it-all

what vinyl album should i bring for lana to sign when i see her in October??

Omg we've talked so much about vinyl colours I thought you had asked which coloured NFR vinyl you should take ☠️

Fuck. Just listened to the whole HQ thing. This project is anything but sad -as i thought listening to the casette recordings-. It's quite the oppossite. It's truly funny, its sarcastic to the core. The production is raw and extremely polished at the same time, her voice sounds beautiful and joyful, the end of HIADT is just genius. This album is a dramatic move on her career, there's not coming back from here. She will make the music industry tremble again. Oh, fuck, Lana del Rey...

California. Nice reference to Flipside, but it definitely will become the most overrated song from the album. It's just fine

I think Cinnamon Girl will be the most overrated song from the album

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Makes more sense and when I listened I also felt like I had heard something similar to what you said

haven't listened yet (currently trapped at work) but i'm honestly glad HTD has a different sort of production. even if it's not perfect - hell, even if i end up disliking it - i think it's crucial the album isn't just filled with piano ballads and stuff. given that we have the live piano version we can go back and listen to (no screaming crowd, yay!!) i'm glad that she decided to give HTD the "bigger" sort of production treatment.

that being said i haven't heard it yet, so......

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I'm fine with the FIILY demo being pressed on some physical editions if the single version is on the album on streaming services.

Still doesn't explain why the album snippets we got had the single version - it really does feel like a pressing error.

The snippets are for sampling the digital album. They always are. That’s the main reason why it seems likely it’s a physical exclusive. Sample any songs from any artist that have a different physical version, it’ll always be the digital version.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688