Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

"but she treats me like... meooowww"

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

@Arcadia

No not yet, i haven't listened to anything other than MAC, VB, Hope and Doin Time. Mainly i've just been reading everyone else's opinions for now. But stay tuned sis, I'm so thrilled to hear my baby art angel formally known as Love Song, anyone thats following my twitter knows my dedication towards that song... im nearly crying just thinking about it. The amount of times i've been stuck in work watching couples walk by and hearing the snippet over and over again in my head, and the feeling of desperation to not feel so alone in the world. God only knows how i'll be feeling the second i hear those strings in HQ on my audio technica's :xcry:

You will die. It's the (second) very best.

I can concede some points on production, it's definitely a personal-preference thing. I don't mind the softer sound.

But from a music theory POV, NFR is much WORDIER and therefore much harder to write. Far more variation with chord progressions too. The chorus of Lovesong is longer than the verses and yet it doesn't musically resolve until the last line. It's hard to weave a long progression like that.

I agree, it all comes down to personal preferences. But to call it her best album... that's a bit of a stretch. It's definitely a worthy successor of her past albums. 

Is it superior than Lust for Life? On many levels, it definitely is imho.

Is it better than Born To Die? Some would argue that her first album is her best, it's definitely what got me into Lana, but I see it as a more mature and intricate album for sure.

Is it better than both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon? Absolutely fucking not  :diva:

@Arcadia

No not yet, i haven't listened to anything other than MAC, VB, Hope and Doin Time. Mainly i've just been reading everyone else's opinions for now. But stay tuned sis, I'm so thrilled to hear my baby art angel formally known as Love Song, anyone thats following my twitter knows my dedication towards that song... im nearly crying just thinking about it. The amount of times i've been stuck in work watching couples walk by and hearing the snippet over and over again in my head, and the feeling of desperation to not feel so alone in the world. God only knows how i'll be feeling the second i hear those strings in HQ on my audio technica's :xcry:

Aww well if it means anything to you, I never thought I would even cry at Love Song but I actually did. It's that gorgeous. I really hope you like it :oprah:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What are you fav lines from the album btw?

The culture‘s lit and ice cream ice queen and i‘m the most famous woman on the iPad (or whatever)

I agree, it all comes down to personal preferences. But to call it her best album... that's a bit of a stretch. It's definitely a worthy successor of her past albums. 

Is it superior than Lust for Life? On many levels, it definitely is imho.

Is it better than Born To Die? Some would argue that her first album is her best, it's definitely what got me into Lana, but I see it as a more mature and intricate album for sure.

Is it better than both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon? Absolutely fucking not  :diva:

Never called it her best.

It has its flaws. Much less coherent as a whole than UV or HM. Visuals are weaker. But as far as the music itself goes...it stands up to those two imo.

aaaaaaand we're muting

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*