Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Bartender is so fresh and very Joni Mitchell circa Ladies of the Canyon... fittingly. I thought they were gonna push the psychedelic button and add strings / whatever, which I guess is frustrating, but it does have its own charm as an accoustic, and it underlines its continuity with Happiness is a Butterfly. These tracks are like, I don't know, leveling up her game... Makes me very excited for what's to come and the poetry book actually

Was it not though? He’s literally like the highest level of fame you can get now on account of his marriage into the kardashian family, and I’m pretty sure I read that they helped fund his venture into the fashion industry... I’m not even tryna be shady but you can’t deny that him marrying Kim k has really brought him into the spotlight more than ever b4

that's only true if you're completely ignorant about the rap genre of music.

giphy.gif

I remember that when LFL came out I actually played it a lot during the first week and fell in love with most of the tracks, but this time I'm not really interesting on replaying the whole album. I guess I'll just shuffle my monthly playlist waiting for a song to pop up, but I just don't feel like this album is interesting enough. Some songs are tbh poorly executed and that just kinda messed up the experience. I'm very surprised by some others songs anyways!

why are you so pressed at him as an artist? he is one of the key musicians of this generation and one of, if not the most influential artist of the rap genre.

I've never known of, seen, heard of, or read of any single person that was inspired by Kanye West.

tbh I never even heard of Kanye til he interrupted Taylor Swift and the only song I’ve ever heard of his was that famous one and only because of the TS stuff. He’s not really that big around here. But now we all know him because he won’t shut up lol. But I’ll believe you guys that he was a musical visionary because usually the worst behaved ones are. Idk rap music very well though.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

They went for a 80s cheesy Elton John / George Michael sound mixed with the accoustic sound of the rest of the record for HotD, hence the sound ; but I don't know if they achieved what they aimed at

They went for a 80s cheesy Elton John / George Michael sound mixed with the accoustic sound of the rest of the record for HotD, hence the sound ; but I don't know if they achieved what they aimed at

They definitely didn't

Just because you don't agree with an opinion doesn't mean it's a bad opinion.

Just because someone has a critical opinion of something doesn't mean they hate it.

Just because a conversation makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to have it.

Yeah, Kanye never married a teenager, or beat his wife like John Lennon did, nor did he make fun of the hearing impaired Nico like Lou Reed did. 

Lana should definitely romanticize those people but go after Kanye for political views, but then namedrop Mike Love's creation in the first verse of The Greatest anyways. :rip:

I agree with your post sis but really NICO??????? She was lowkey highkey a nazi so... Not saying Lou Reed isn't deserving of some drags but... pick a better example when trying to prove a point about it lol 

I remember that when LFL came out I actually played it a lot during the first week and fell in love with most of the tracks, but this time I'm not really interesting on replaying the whole album. I guess I'll just shuffle my monthly playlist waiting for a song to pop up, but I just don't feel like this album is interesting enough. Some songs are tbh poorly executed and that just kinda messed up the experience. I'm very surprised by some others songs anyways!

LFL has a lot more replay value than NFR and that's a fact. It took me one year to start getting tired of LFL and don't get me wrong I'm not saying I'm tired of Norman after two plays but I'm sure I won't listen to it as much as I did LFL.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains