Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

My favorites atm: Fuck it I love you (single version :hooker:), Cinnamon Girl, The greatest, MAC, VB and California. Not necessarily in that order. Love song is quite alright, Happiness is a butterfly was a somewhat positive surprise as it was the track I looked forward to the least. I've only listened the full thing once so we'll see how I feel about the tracks and the record overall once I've settled down with it, I have to admit I would have liked VB to close the record or The greatest - VB comes on way too early. I've been bopping to DT but it did feel somewhat out of place. The first two lines of the new TNBAR chorus are okay but the Eagles line especially is kinda cringey and sounds weird af.

Pre debut era: she went after Lady Gaga

Born To Die era: she went after Lorde

Ultraviolence era: she went after journalists

Honeymoon: peaceful era

Lust For Life: she went after Trump and lowkey G-Eazy

NFR: she went after Kanye

mbK53xg.gif

that's why it's the best  :flutter:

Akshally I'm a Leo sun with an Aquarius moon and a Sagittarius rising who has more nuanced opinions about astrology than "lol Gemini's are two-faced"  :pft:

That was... a joke...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Pre debut era: she went after Lady Gaga

Born To Die era: she went after Lorde

Ultraviolence era: she went after journalists

Honeymoon: peaceful era

Lust For Life: she went after Trump and lowkey G-Eazy

NFR: she went after Kanye

mbK53xg.gif

All far less worse than the people she romanticizes and never trashes such as Elvis, John Lennon and Lou Reed. 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

im SO STUNNED by how some of you really dont know im just-

not even trying to come after some of you because i get that some may not have been exposed to certain stuff

but honestly   KANYE HAS SCORES OF FAMOUS SONGS. SAYING "THAT FAMOUS ONE" IS USELESS. I LEGIT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

this isn't about you personally, just hearing someone say that... im just so absolutely baffled. i guess it's because my whole life i've always heard his songs on the radio, always playing on the most popular stations, dozens of different songs. it's so crazy listening to other peoples perspectives, i love it! people are so interesting!!

THAT FAMOUS ONE is referring to "Famous" by Kanye West i think luv

giphy.gif

The album totally plays out as a full ass day cycle!!

WARM MORNING

Norman Fucking Rockwell
Mariners Apartment Complex
Venice Bitch
FILLY (album version)

THE HOTTEST NOON

Doin Time
Love Song
Cinnamon Girl

POST-HEAT AFTERNOON

How To Disappear
California
The Next Best American Record
The Greatest

AN EVENING ALONE

Bartender
HIAB
Hope

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

So, these are my first impressions after having listened to NFR for the first time - in the warm summer evening, on my balcony, the sunset right in front of me, my headphones on and a glas of wine in my hand. The perfect setting for Lana music :)

• I'm not instantly awestruck – but NFR overall is better than I had expected/feared. It has a nice atmosphere and a great flow to it and even the songs that are a bit "lame" on their own (FIILY, Hope) sound good in the overall context of the album.
  • It's really a mood album for me, even more than HM is. I definitely will/can not listen to it every day.
  • Unpopular opinion: I love the new BAR version!
  • "California" is an instant Lana classic and a breeze of fresh air in the middle of the album (as is TNBAR). My 2nd favourite after VB.
  • "Bartender" has some kind of Tori Amos piano (reminds me a bit of "Cornflake girl") - great!
  • "Love song" is sooo beautiful.
  • "Cinnamon girl" is a bit of a disappointment for me – I expected more of a "pop hit". The song just seems to go nowhere (for me).
  • So overall: there's not a single bad song on this album for me - but NFR surely isn't my favourite Lana album (yet). At least after the first listen. The album would've been a bit more interesting if she had incorporated more guitars like in VB or California imho.

Akshally I'm a Leo sun with an Aquarius moon and a Sagittarius rising who has more nuanced opinions about astrology than "lol Gemini's are two-faced"  :pft:

I actually have to defend @@Cacciatore because I read your post and really thought "SAME" and I'm a Gemini sun. I came here to have a good time and I honestly felt very attacked back then.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

it will get boring for us to listen nfr bc it's a 1 year old album for us but it's not the same case for a local, they will enjoy cinnamon more than we do